Sign in to follow this  
Benevolent_ Beauty

where were U 1989-1992(outbreak of the war)

Originally posted by NGONGE:

^^^^
:D

I wouldn't have used كلاب and عبد but the general message was the same.

I suppose I should be offended by Al Shafici’s famous words now. :rolleyes:

No offence intended, saaxiib! If you found Al Shafici's words offensive, however, I apologize and express my deepest sorrow to the feelings that I unintentionally hurt!

I am a rare breed in this world of unyielding nomads, you see! :cool:

And by the way where was I 1989-1992? I was in the capital when the war broke out. But within 4 days, we ---my family---left the capital and headed Kismayo and within two months I was in Mombassa, Kenya.

Wiilo   

"where were U 1989-1992(outbreak of the war)" Honestly speaking I was playing ball with my freinds, i still remember where we were at the time. Iskuul fiftiimay gadaashiisa baan ku cayaaraynay, qofkii yaqaanay baa yaqaanee that is where I was at the time.....

Nabad & Caano:..............

NGONGE   

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

No offence intended, saaxiib! If you found Al Shafici's words offensive, however, I apologize and express my deepest sorrow to the feelings that I unintentionally hurt!

I am a rare breed in this world of unyielding nomads, you see! :cool:

[/QB]

Point taken, rare nomad. :D

i was in the first grade. my lil brother was yet to be born, so i was still the baby running things.i had a globe in my room and abbeh would always show me where somalia was. wed always talk about going back as if it was definite. later on i noticed my parents would glue themselves to the tv screen whenever 2 things were mentioned, kuwait and somalia. i had a good grasp of what was going on with sadaam, it was america vs iraq. the big gallo nation vs the relatively weak muslim nation, so i knew who to root for and i did with all the blind enthusiasm kids have for gun violence on tv. with somalia however, i couldnt quite grasp it yet. i kept imagining our somali men heroically fighting for our nations future. i asked, repeatedly, when we would go back and my father would explain there is a war and no place to live, nothing to eat. after the war? maybe, hed say. insha allah. than i asked, exactly who are we fighting? he laughed, an inward laugh, the rough exhales of wind that smokers have and said "theyre killing themselves". a couple of years later i heard of the canadian peace keepers murduring that teenage kid, rapes occuring at the hands of un workers as well as black hawk down.

I was in school getting ready to take my mid-term(maybe final) exam. Ciyaal dhar jaalo aan ahaa(Galablay)I spent nine months in and around mogadisho, and I was out of there by november of 1990. The most horrifying thing was seeing this slaughter house(n It was literally slaughter as people's throats were being cut) where two women in Shuko are being killed. N the war taught us Abtirsi for first in my life. We had to learn many Qabiil lineage names, and recite those depending who you run into, the goverment troops or the USC militia.

Jumatatu   

Originally posted by Wiilo:

"where were U 1989-1992(outbreak of the war)"
Honestly speaking I was playing ball with my freinds, i still remember where we were at the time.

Some guy is getting roasted for playing 'Nintendo' and you were playing ball....you should be hanged.. :D

NGONGE   

^^^^ Owning a Nintendo back then signified affluence, saaxib. Wealth is offensive to all. A poor girl, playing ball in the outskirts of Africa is too innocent to offend anyone. :D

Jumatatu   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

^^^^ Owning a Nintendo back then signified affluence, saaxib. Wealth is offensive to all.

ok Ngonge B. Gates....!

36_2_50.gif

I left the country (which I was visiting at the time) in October 21, 1989.

The day before our trip, we were gettin' our hennas done. Suddenly, we hear what sounds like gunfire and everyone hit the ground.

Turns out it was only fireworks.

But you can imagine how everyone was on edge.

NGONGE   

Originally posted by Guardian n Protector:

^^ So what happened to the wealth?
smile.gif

Heh. Where else? All those fleeing uncles, aunts, cousins and other relatives dwindled it away. :D

I really dont remember where i was? Have no memories after the day it started. My folks tell me that i was sitting in class (5th grade) waiting to give the final exams and all of a sudden Madfac hit the next classroom. Suffered major memory loss from the blast. I only have vivid memories of half-naked ignorant ppl killing, looting, raping and wearing ugly masks (okay they were not wearing masks but they were ugly).