Sign in to follow this  
- Femme -

Dream House/Home

design-house.jpg

If dreams were money...

If you were fortunate enough to build your own home - How would it look like (the layout inside & outside)? What would it include (even small details)? What things would it MUST have? [Keep in mind areas for your children/future children]

I've been addicted to home furnishings lately and I can't help but wish to design and build my home.

But dreams are free so get rolling...

P.S. Be realistic (you'll probably never own a mansion). icon_razz.gif

Naden   

Originally posted by Shabanu:

If you were fortunate enough to build your own home - How would it look like (the layout inside & outside)?

It has to be on the beach. Not necessarily too big but must have lots of bright, natural colour (none of that yellow light haze that nurses melancholy). Simple, modern decor with mostly monochromatic colours. Repeat after me: flower patterns and fadhi sucudi are evil.

225666055_f93550e2ca.jpg?v=0

P.S. Be realistic (you'll probably never own a mansion).

:mad:

STOIC   

^^^ I live next to an Island.I hate the rich folks that live in one of those water front houses with exquisite built-ins and majestic palm trees towering over their buildings.I am jealous.....

Its funny that you ask the question of dream house.I was reading the MONEY magazine this morning and they had all this tips from rich folks around the States from Arizona to the Silicon Valley on how to be a stinking rich.Of what a strange nature is I have decided that if I ever become rich I will want my house to be in a marsh front plantation where it is quite.My house will include state of the art gourmet kitchen (big boy gotta eat)with a hardwood floors.

Grand Houses are good, to live like a king is much better, to own few is a dream but how about to use the money differently, instead, how about , If your money find to enrich the poor, the destitute and the orphans, If you touch people’s lives in many different ways, and make a difference, After that, as for me I don’t mind if I live in a barn or stables/farm breeding horses on top of a hill.

The pics are beautiful, especially the Moqdishu shots (is that for real :eek: - I better get myself up there quick).

But what I'm asking for is for ya'll to describe it? Ex. Bathrooms in each room, a large spacious attic, covered patio, dual headed showers etc.

Urban   

My dream home...it's hard to describe really. Non of those MTV-Cribs style 'houses' appeal to me at all. My dream home would be on an exotic island, where it doesn't rain, away from heavily built-up environments, there would be other people living there as well, not just me.

It would be made mainly from wood...

maldives01-721604.jpg

^A house like that would be too perfect. It must have plumbing in the toilet and stuff (i wouldnt wanna go to a bush dig up a hole and...you know the rest). There would be a separate shower with clean water, again, wouldn't wanna bathe in salty water for the rest of my life now do I. The shower would be just outside the house, at the back, an open shower preferably. Every morning I'd go snorkeling too. The sea would be my own aquarium.

My bedroom would have a giant waterbag for a bed, with exotic fishes inside..just kidding, no fishes. Outside there would be 2 coconut trees. With a hammock in between. That would be my relaxing area, I'd stare at the clear sky every night.

I would also have a beautiful maid who'd do stuff for me, and make me a cocktail drink every day during sunset.

I wouldn't have a real kitchen at all, most of my food would be cooked as soon as I catch it, on a fire just infront of the house.

My nearest neighbour would be a couple of hundred meters away, I want my own space, there are nosy peopple out there. Town wouldn't be far away tho, you need to meet new people every now and then.

That would pretty much be my 'dream' home. Now then, which lucky lady here would like to join me?

I've been watching a lot of programmes like 'Ray Mears Bushcraft', 'Around the world with Michael palin', and 'Tribe' on the documentary channels lately, and the way some people live out there is truely amazing.

...alright, i finished. You can stop laughing now.

N.O.R.F   

Having a big house is no big deal. I left my dream home some 4 years ago, i still go back now and then. Its where i grew up (for the most part) and miss the old place. :cool:

A dream house is ... a dream, is it? Sorry you did say a dream house right? ... Just a dream, oh Yes a dream, You know I like to dream...

Val nice house you dream of, what appealed to me most in that house is not just the all beautiful staff but the space, space and area matters more anything to me as I too big to Inaan iskuuskuuso...

But what's so special about Fulham? Why that area of London?

^ I used to work there plus I just love the area. It's close to everything, has great transport links and fabulous restaurants and cafes. Most importantly, property prices are consistently high, meaning I won't have to worry about property devaluation.

^^Point very well taken, London is great city and Fulham, Well, perhaps the best place to hang out for a while..

May your dream come true and may it be the place to hang around, Good Luck.