Sign in to follow this  
Somalina

My Tribe

Juxa   

Originally posted by General Duke:

^^^By all means Sherlock continue. What about the furniture?

well she probably married into rival tribe, meaning her mother and his mother had little competition going, if you look closely you shall see two sets of almost each item including saxanka lasaaro catarka and uunsiga.

to be fair to both, she got both displayed

malika ;)

Juxa   

i disagree alot of girls look nicer without make up. in fact i would argue a ban of make up in somali weddings. beautiful girls are made up to look like boombalo

Malika   

:D @ juxa,you have come up with a story line..lol,nice one!

Allamagan, :D those marks means she is 'taken' - mouth tatoos are common in Mali,as they indicate if a girl was still a virgin or not.something to do with them not taken into slavery - as the slave masters used to look for unblemised girls.

Thanks, thats interesting Malika. So she is from Mali our lost twin tribe?

@Juxa, that was good read indeed! an exciting description of the girls and their surroundings. I had to go back and see the picture and made sense! but how about the moods/body languages of other girls siting with the bride? would love know that...

I wonder what's difference in terms of attire between bare-chested Himba women and bikini-clad Western women?

One can be called primitive and other civilized?

Showqi   

Asxaabtaan ullaha waaweeyn wadato..... iyo kuwa ay ku duulaayaan :confused: Mise ciyaar hiddo iyo dhaqan (Like shirib) ayay ciyaarayaan :confused: Noo sharax dee :D

Taleexi   

I watched one of istunka annual rituals. I must say it should be banned or at least its light version be practiced since old habits die hard.

Somalina   

Originally posted by Showqi:

Asxaabtaan ullaha waaweeyn wadato..... iyo kuwa ay ku duulaayaan :confused: Mise ciyaar hiddo iyo dhaqan (Like shirib) ayay ciyaarayaan :confused: Noo sharax dee
:D

Waa la hashey markii horeba.

61246438374657511597897.jpg

Istunka markaan weynaadey lee maqley.

@Taleexi, waa soo raadinaa tel no. smile.gif