Sign in to follow this  
Sister1000

Describe somali culture

Originally posted by Sister1000:

Im a 100% proud pure pakistani. I wouldnt want to fit into any other culture, let alone somali culture!

So you don't like somali culture anymore? Do you even know what somali culture is? lol

Lt-Qalbi-Adeyg

Why are you just making assumptions? Did I say I dont like somali culture? Im just making a point that I love my culture pakistani and I want to remain 100% pakistani and not change even one bit culture-wise.

To be honest, no I don't have a clue what somali culture is about and Im actually trying to find out. I would like to be knowledgeable about other muslims' culture.

Originally posted by Cara:

Wait, he wanted you to go to school? That's hardly typical!
icon_razz.gif

It was a mutual decision actually. Afterall going to school meant that he would have to stay with the kids and clean. I am the only one that cooked though.

Men wear macawis (like a kilt, but longer and wider/bigger)...Noth ing sexy about the damn thing, that's just me...

Oh so not true! I love it, it is so sexy especially the ones that are really soft.

Hassan_B   

Our mosque is full of pakistanis...I sure do enjoy their gulab jammons when we have pakistani food in ramadhan.

Sister1001 can you remind your family if they ever want to bring food to a mosque with a significant non-subcontinent people to take it easy on the hot spices? I'm sure they'd appreciate it. I love the food, but it gets too spicy for us some times.

See we somalis are geniuses, we separate the hot spice, known as bisbaas, from the food. So those that want a lot can have a lot and those that want slight amounts can have that. Also, there are the bananas, but I guess one thing at a time.

u enjoy eating gulab jammons! do u know what it means? lool

its means u eating dudes balls for real. i remember when i was in this indian place and american gal order 3 qulab jammons...i laughed the so heard. 3 was funny..why not 2 or 4?

yeah....i do speak hindi. my way to la was from asia. dont that shyte no more....by just seeing its color and how it looks, u shouldnit eat it!!