Sign in to follow this  
Sister1000

Describe somali culture

I know the answer is very broad. But if you had to describe somali culture, what would you say. Im not somali but Im just curious about what somali culture is like. So if you had to describe somali culture, what would your reply be?

Aaliyyah   

we have a beautiful culture...

we got our own traditional clothings that if you saw us wearing it you would just sigh lol

what else we got our own distinct dances,food, poetry...

all I can say is few words wont do justice to sum up what our culture is...live with a somali family for a week (thats a somali family that practices their culture) and am sure yu will fall in love with it..or attend a somali wedding ...

salaam

Aaliyyah   

why is it impossible? find a somali family and tell them you wanna learn about somali culture..it should not be so hard I assume!!

anything is possible if you put your mind to it.

Ibtisam   

There are loads of Somalis in Harrow, holla a one of them.

Culture: you will find opposits, huge topic. should we tell you about the typial wife?? :D

Sabriya: You forgot about Camels and baarookad, you sure you is Somali??? icon_razz.gif:D HAHA

Aaliyyah   

lol ibti..naa meel ha igaga dhicin...somaliyad halkan so taagan ahaye...*diriceyga ayaan hadadan tafta hayaaye* icon_razz.gif

ibti lol@ typical wife? you wanna scare her off huh?

Originally posted by Sabriya:

we have a beautiful culture...

we got our own traditional clothings that if you saw us wearing it you would just sigh lol

what else we got our own distinct dances,food, poetry...

all I can say is few words wont do justice to sum up what our culture is...live with a somali family for a week (thats a somali family that practices their culture) and am sure yu will fall in love with it..or attend a somali wedding ...

salaam

I agree 100% I became Muslim through Somali people. What attracted me first was how hospitable and kind they were. The more I learned the more I just loved it. I find that many Somalis (even those that are non practicing Muslims) have some Islam in them. (I hope my idea is coming out clearly.)

Aaliyyah   

^yeah you made it quiet clear dear sis, we are very humble and grateful to know there's a sister out there who has such a high regard of us. Thank you smile.gif

lol@ the typical husband..that would be something along the lines of a dude with a bakoorad(cane) expecting a hot casho(dinner) :D

salaam

Ibtisam   

Sister1000, Amina/Tammy can probably tell you better, you see me and Sabriya are bias, we think Somali men the king don of mankind, anything we say is bound to be coloured. redface.gif

P.s. Tammy Wlc/ I'm on ur facebook and been using your website for about a year. Brother named Adam posted on on SOL last year. Your site rocks. Mashallah smile.gif

chubacka   

Originally posted by Sabriya:

lol@ the typical husband..that would be something along the lines of a dude with a bakoorad(cane) expecting a hot casho(dinner)
:D

salaam

hahaha don't forget the macawiis and caadey. (tooth stick?) mind the spelling. redface.gif