Sign in to follow this  
LADYHOVA

WHY??

LADYHOVA   

WHY is it that most somali parents MAKE there daughters clean? an when their daughter say's why cant he do some cleanin either.. they always end up sayin 'nayaa he's your brother' an i'm tryin to figure out what they mean by that.. i already know he's my brother... but why cant he also clean?! :mad: god gave him 2 hands an 2 legs....just cuz he's a male doesnt mean sh!t..i'm outraged that my PARENTS are making ME :eek: :confused: an my sis do all tha cleaning....

well thats all i had on my mind i just finished cleaning the kitchen....well if any otha ppl can relate to this

holla bac@ ya cleanin sista

Abdinuur   

Poor LadyHova...

...it's sad but it's also funny! You know..parents are so generous towards their sons that's all...a lot of love.

To be honest though...I dont why it's like that. I think it's part of our Somali culture...but I have no clue! :confused:

Next time...just yell..."NAYAA HOOYO, I QUIT!"...and she'll leave you a lone....lol

LuCkY   

WeLL Ladyhova i know its not just SomaLi parents that make their daughters cLean-its every race.

When they say his your brother-they basicaLLy mean youre a girL and cLeaning isnt part of what he(men)are suppose to do.The way i see its a shame when the men(boys as weLL) have to do cLeaning when their women(their sis as weLL) are at home watching them-and its not cooL. Its society male dont do house chores cuz their MEN and women do it cuz theyre WOMEN. THey have the work outside of the house to worry about and doing house chores isnt MANLY-accorrding to some peopLe and society. Besides if im not iLL i can do the house chores...i mean its not a burden-oh, who am i kidding...sometimes i dont Like it but its just something i got used to doing since i was a tyke. My bros sometimes do the chores-but its just an unwritten ruLe that we foLLow(i hope im making sense here). ;)

The way i was brought up: MEN doing house chore is a SHAME because WOMEN are suppose to take care of that and the chiLdren(its their pLace). The way i see it: men doing house chores shouLdnt be a disgrace, i mean its a part of Life we aLL have to deaL with-and it certainLy doesnt make them any Less of a man.<----- if anything it makes them more of a REAL man-i have much respect for that...it shows that they are not seLffish, arrogant and cocky*thats just ME-my opinion*

Ladiif   

lol@A/noor, dont mislead the sister waraa, No way, she cant call her mom "Naayaa" that is just unheard of and disrespectful!!

ladyHova, I know its unfair to do that but I suggest u just do it out of respect and to please ur parents as u dont wanna be disobedient. I'm sure ur mom loves u and ur sister as much as she loves ur brother but its just somali dhaqan/culture to favor boys when it comes to house chores b/c they consider it unmanly.

LADYHOVA   

lol yea i cant be callin my mom nayaa i'll be on tha back of a milk carton if i do dat shoo

they made you the dishwasher huh?looooool.

i personally washed dishes more than i care to remember and mind you no parent made me do it or not do it if you may but it's a matter of a personal choice wich 'I' made.

so for me i wouldn't say all parents are the same there are few odd ones like mine.

P.S it could be that i ain't got no sister.LooooL.

see why cant i have a bro lik u? seriously mine acts lik he's gonna die if he touches a dirty cup

he doesnt even take tha damn garbage out!!lik that is tha easiest job to do but newayz its good to kno that all somali boys aint lik that

holla bac@ya cleanin sista

Kaafi:
Next time...just yell..."NAYAA HOOYO, I QUIT!"...and she'll leave you a lone....lol

OUCH! ...I was just imagining my mom's dacas slap if I was to tell her that!! :D

LadyHova, I hear what you're saying, sis. I think that's why many Nomads wont help their wives later on in life; cos they haven't learned from young on.

But if it's a big problem for you, tell him about himself. I know it's easier said than done, but try.

Good luck!

A7LA-SHU   

Kaafi oh no u didn't hahaha.. ceeb lol

ladyhova parents are like dat i guess.. and i don't know what to say but just clean when mom asks u to..

seriously my parents are mostly equal and that is one thing i like about dem.. my brothers clean, wash dishes.. do bathroom, do their laundry. u name it they do it lol.. and sometimes if they don't like what is cooked for breakfast,lunch, or dinner we make them go to the kitchen and cook for themselves..

i make sure my Future boys clean too :Dicon_razz.gif

LadyHova don't worry sista I ask that question all the time and all they keep telling me is that "he's ur brother" and I'm like so. And I hate when they be saying "cook him food, ur brothers starving" I'm like let him starve to death....if kids in Africa can do it, he can surley try. But I heard one time my mom say that their sons will leave and marry off when the daughters will always be with her...I'm like well let him do something for the time he's here. OHHHH I just got mad!! :mad: Thanks for bringing it up, I needed that off my chest. :D

Xafsa   

I thought me and my sister were the only ones dealing with that kind of sh!t!!!!

My mom tried the whole..take turns doing the chores around the house thing....but me and my sister always end up doing the whole damn thing.

If we don't cook fast enough...my mom complains about how we are starving "her son" to death :D

This summer for example...my sister is studing for the MCAT so she comes home really late at night....I go to work then go str8 to the library to study for the GRE...my brother on the other hand sleeps in late...wakes up at 2pm....watches some t;v then goes to play ball with his boys. Despite our busy schedule we still have to make sure that there is food to eat...and that the house is clean....if my mom comes home to a messy house with no food...all hell will break loose.

IT used to really get to me the whole "he's a guy" thing...but now i've learned to just do what i'm told and move on.As long as I don't disobey my mom...then its all good.

LADYHOVA---hang in there girl.

Fly, Opinonated, my Nomad sisters Thats just the way things are, i guess you can rightly feel aggreived but thre is no point arguing about it before our cultural trends start shifitng.

In any case just view this as good practise for the future, ur all developing crucial skills smile.gif and let you bro's worry about finding someone to look after them in the future smile.gif

Xafsa   

^^^^ My thoughts exactly...nothing we can do about it right now...just make sure we don't do the same to our children.

LADYHOVA   

i know i try to understand them but if i had 5 sons an 3 daughters i would make them do equal work , my brother he doesnt do ANYTHING he doesnt even have a job...and he's finished school but i dont understand him i tell him ai help with the cleaning he's lik "LEAVE ME ALONE, I'M TIRED" redface.gif lik what bull is dat he doesnt do anything that would make him 'TIRED' and my dad he's always telling my mom the girls have to do homework or this is their summer just let them have fun ..BUT she never listens

so neways

holla bac@ya cleanin sista

Raxmah   

Asalamu alaikum

Ladyhova you have just described my brother. Walahi gurls i feel yah. He even makes my sister clean her room. But I do it anyways, for the sake of my parents. Anyways I just cant look at somewhere dirty or messy, am a freak when it comes to cleaning, while am cleaning am gona have to yell at that person for messing it up. ok back to the topic, I guess it's more of a cultural thing for the girls to clean. we just gona have to make sure we change this attitude when we have our kids.

Lefty   

I for one don't think dishwashing or cooking such a big deal but What do you ladies really expect from your brothers!

Do you expect Your brothers to do the hard outside jobs such as protecting the family and etc, and also do the easy stuffs in home..Besides if they start cleaning and cooking, then who is going to play the much important and can't miss Basketball games..lol

Who's going to sit down donuts and Tim Hortons for debating never ending Somali craps and World Politics affairs. Remember they're busy as you're! Lets just be fair...LOL