Sign in to follow this  
Abdinuur

What's the meaning of your name?

Xafsa   

Og-girl..you were laughing at me when I said maryamah? :mad: its ok I'll get you for that :D

But thanks for reminding me why i could never manage to learn arabic.

Stpaulchick--thanks hon

I totally understand that maybe in Arabic the prounciations are a key. And to add to that, u still haven't guessed my name. That was wrong. :D

No problem Flying_Still :D

nafta   

the meaning of my name means wax dhameystiran, as in perfect! It's not commonly used as a somali name for girls, so who can guess it???! :confused: smile.gif

My arab name, as in midki la'igu walqalay is Naima and ya'll know the meaning to that right... ;)

La-y-La   

wow, Og- we have the same name.

st.paulchick, I keep repeating maalin and luck over and over in ma head and cant seem to come up wit anything.

Is it, i dont know, i will come back

peace.

Blessed   

Originally posted by somalialover:

my name means the lucky one

Your name is either Hoodo or Ayaan?

My name means The Brilliant One - in an African langauge, but it doesn't really have a meaning in Somali or Arabic. Howeever, it is the name of a very important Lady of Islam ;)

Blessed   

^^ Thanx babes. I heard my evil twin Hoodo was picking on the nomads in my absence.

She is the Leader of the Women of paradise.. anymore hints and I'll be given the name away lol

Xafsa   

ok...then it must be aasiyo...but the leader of the muslim women in jannah is fatma :confused: I'm confused!

Blessed   

^^^ lol. Well, half of the peepz already know my real name, so I am not gonna bug.

It is Fatmah in Arabic and Faadumo - which is the Somalified version :D

Am not carzy about my name, wish my hooyo called me Ameenah :D

Flying still you know your Muslimahs, man sha Allah. :D

Blessed   

Sweetie, am sorry but I was always told that my name had no meaning in Arabic, so I believed it cos I only went as far as 'Taani Ibtidaai' in Arabic school.

What does it mean dee? Tell me :D

I'll give you a na3naa3 and miraanda ;)

Xafsa   

Ameenah...I love the name Fatmah...I just don't like the way the somalis say it ...faadumo.

I also love the name Abu Bakr...but the somali say Abuukar...sounds soo old :rolleyes: . but anyways...you should be proud of your name because of the person you were named after...she is an example to all of us.

My mom used to teach us islamic history from her arabic texts since I can't understand arabic :( ( i'm gonna have to work on that)

Blessed   

Originally posted by flying-still:

you should be proud of your name because of the person you were named after...she is an example to all of us.

I hear you girl, and when you tell them that it is actually fatmah (that is how its written on my bc0 they say Somalinimo ayaad ka kibreysaa :rolleyes:

I like it cos it was the name of the Daughter of the Rasuul and the two ppl that tok care of me as a baby :D