Sign in to follow this  
Ibtisam

Dutch MP calls for ban in Quran

Ibtisam   

I saw this on the news ticker of Al Jazeera and found details on their website

http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/FAEC4703-83E2-44DA-9DA4-1A7702C354C1.htm

Dutch MP calls for ban in Quran

A Dutch member of parliament has called for the Quran to be banned in the Netherlands, describing it as a "fascist book" which calls on people to kill non-believers and rape women.

Geert Wilders, leader of the far-right Freedom Party, called for the ban in a letter published in De Volkskrant newspaper.

In his letter, Wilders compares the Muslim holy book to Mein Kampf, Adolf Hitler's autobiography, and said the Quran has "no place in our constitutional state".

"I have been saying this for years: there is no such thing as a moderate Islam," Wilders wrote.

Wilders' Freedom Party holds nine seats in the Netherlands' 150 seat parliament.

Call for ban

Wilders also said several chapters in the Quran "call on Muslims to oppress, persecute or kill Christians, Jews, dissidents and non-believers, to beat and rape women and to establish an Islamic state by force".

The publication of the letter comes after a weekend attack on Eshan Jami, a young Dutch politician, who established a group to support people who have renounced Islam.

Jami, who was not visibly injured in the attack, is now under police protection as is Wilders.

"Ban this wretched book like Mein Kampf is banned! Send a signal to Jami's attackers and other Islamic radicals that the Quran cannot be used in the Netherlands as an inspiration or an excuse for violence," Wilders said.

Wilders acknowledged that his plan would not receive majority support in the Dutch parliament.

"I am fed up with Islam in the Netherlands: no more Muslim immigrants allowed. I am fed up with the worship of Allah and Muhammad in the Netherlands: no more mosques," his letter concluded.

Interesting. They won't ban the Satanic Verses but do want to ban the Quran

Wigad   

The Prophet saw said there is gona be a time where being a muslim is going to be like holding a hot piece of charcoal in your hands.

Baluug   

I am fed up with
the worship of
Allah and
Muhammad
"

This just shows how much this guy knows about Islam. It's sad to think that people of this much ignorance are wielding any sort of political power.

N.O.R.F   

Poor so and so doesnt realise he has just given the Quran more publicity, his remarks have resulted in more copies being sold to non-believers this week and some of them will be converted when they have read it.

Thank you very much mate,,,,,,

me   

People this is nothing, Wilders is a crazy man who is narcistic, he loves the damn attention........having said that a new poll said that about 19% of the Dutch population agrees with his stance on Islam and that the Quraan should be banned or alterred to take out 'óffensive' bits.

So what happaned next an Iranian exile writter stepped up to the plate.........and said to be writting a 'literary version of Quran' (WTF is that?) one thats accesable for all people, an edited version for all Dutch houses that will be in stores during the holly daysof chrismas....gotta love them persians.

I don't see Wilders the populist as a danger to Islam in Holland. The real danger is coming from this group of persians that want to make name ala Ayaan Hirsi Ali at the cost of Muslims and Islam in Holland.

Islam bashing has reached its limits now, talking bad about islam is no longer sexy and won't win votes anymore, the large parties are distancing themselves from the likes of Kader Abdolah (the writter that wants to write a new version of the quran thats less offensive to gays, jews and westerners), Ehsan Jami (a counselman in a small town, wanting to make name and the founder of the comite of ex-moslims), efshan elian (a lecturer from the university of Amsterdam, good vriend of our Ayaan and highly critical of Islam).

If you look at the way some people are talking its like they a have a death wish, but I hope that they live long.....I would like to seethen in a year or two when the attention is gone smile.gif

The serieuse media also doesn't take these folks serieuse.

NRC handelsblad the most respected newspaper in the country has said that wilders sent then the letter in which he is calling for the banning of the quran, but that they refused to publish it. They said that Wilders was ranting in the letter and that he could not provide any sound arguments for his case. So the letter was not even suited to be published in the opinions section of the nwspaper. It did not reach the quality levels that is expected.

Abwaan   

I am not suprised in kufaar weliba xagjir ah sidaan u hadlaan haddii ayaan xirsiba sidaan ogeyn u hadli jirtey.