Sign in to follow this  
STOIC

The New Kenyan Obama?

STOIC   

Kenya is one of the corrupt country in Africa.This corruption has been supported by a group of leaders who acquire anything at the price of an entrenched, unaccountable authoritative leadership. Hope is not lost as I have read about this young Somali lawyer who is leading the country and unifying them in a transparent constitutional draft that has even been praised by Obama.I was excited to read some of the Kenyan communities even talking about this young chap to run for a presidency! This has never been witnessed in Kenyan Somali history. This is the beauty of education. Abdikadir Mohammed, a Harvard trained lawyer is the face of the Kenya new constitution. I must admit I rarely care about Kenyan Politics after I have left that country more than a decade ago, but this got me interested. Keep the good work brother!

The face behind Kenyan New Draft

Coloow   

I wish Abdulkadir Lawyer could be as active in making sure the somalis of the NFD are granted their human rights. The NFD people are still under emergency. The 1967 shifta act and the many other acts mean that the rights of movements, basic rights are infringed.

I wish he could use his knowledge of the law to bring justice to the victims of Wagalla, Malka re and Garissa.

Writing a new constitution of a country which treats some of its population as second class citizen and a country that is not communicating the results of the census because the number of somalis is more than estimates will not grant him applauses.

By the way Abdulkadir Lawyer's seat was previously held by Billow Kerow (one of the finest pan-somalist)from the NFD. The NFD is producing leaders who might feel the shoes of Khalif aun.

Haatu   

Originally posted by Baadiyow:

I wish Abdulkadir Lawyer could be as active in making sure the somalis of the NFD are granted their human rights. The NFD people are still under emergency. The 1967 shifta act and the many other acts mean that the rights of movements, basic rights are infringed.

I wish he could use his knowledge of the law to bring justice to the victims of Wagalla, Malka re and Garissa.

Writing a new constitution of a country which treats some of its population as second class citizen and a country that is not communicating the results of the census because the number of somalis is more than estimates will not grant him applauses.

By the way Abdulkadir Lawyer's seat was previously held by Billow Kerow (one of the finest pan-somalist)from the NFD. The NFD is producing leaders who might feel the shoes of Khalif aun.

I couldn't agree any more.

But at least he's trying.

Coloow   

Yes, he is trying. But you need more than trying Haatu. You need a strong leader that knows the history of the province; the late Khalif was a great guy and I doubt whether the NFD will ever produce a son like him.

Did you notice the police dress in the NFD is different than that of the other parts of Kenya? Do you know that the laws of emergency are still in place?

Haatu and this the other dude: the fact that a young somali is the face behind kenya's new constitution,shows that we have turned a page. Inshallah these things will change

Stoic,Kazi nzuri

Coloow   

Faarax B,

No, No, that is not a big thing.

We don't want to turn a page!!!!!

You cannot write a constitution of a nation that is denying basic rights to your consistuency; or of a government that has refused to release the latest census because somalis make up a large percentage of kenya.

I haven't read the constitution but I hope it has some provisions on:

-on the abolition of lte kpande

- it seeks to bring to justice those who committed crimes

etc.

And I doubt that.

It is still the same Kenya where you Mr. Brown should always be ready to treated as a second class citizen.

nuune   

^^ I think you are protesting too much here(regarding your alleged arrest recently), and making things out of nothing by saying NFD people are treated as second class, how do you expect them to be treated, a Kikuuya, or Masai!

the first point you forgot is that you totally erased your mind that NFD is a lost region of Somalia, and is currently colonised in a fishion-democratic-look-like-way, a bit differnt of what Ethiopia doing, just keep that in mind unless you forgot, which seems you did forgot that NFD is colonised by Kenya yaa Mr Entrepreneur

I can write multiple arrests that I went through as many as 10 times just recently(past couple months) in and around Garissa, and still I find the developments of NFD as something that needs to be mentioned, how it was couple years back, and now is something you need to educate yourself and not rely on an arrest that took place out of nowhere,

I would not protest a single arrest that I went through, at the end of the day, we Somalis from Somalia, and Somalis in the NFD region are still one, whether treated second citizen or not is not the point, the day this land would be liberated is not far away, and that is a progress made by Somalis in NFD areas, they now held high psitions in the region and in the country of Kenya as a whole, you just need to wait!

Alot of people compared NFD to that region of Somali Galbeed, one is totally colonised to the inner core, and the other is the oppossite, I am glad you didn't make that comparison.

Coloow   

Originally posted by nuune:

^^ I think you are protesting too much here(regarding your alleged arrest recently), and making things out of nothing by saying NFD people are treated as second class, how do you expect them to be treated, a Kikuuya, or Masai!

the first point you forgot is that you totally erased your mind that NFD is a lost region of Somalia, and is currently colonised in a fishion-democratic-look-like-way, a bit differnt of what Ethiopia doing, just keep that in mind unless you forgot, which seems you did forgot that NFD is colonised by Kenya yaa
Mr Entrepreneur

I can write multiple arrests that I went through as many as 10 times just recently(past couple months) in and around Garissa, and still I find the developments of NFD as something that needs to be mentioned, how it was couple years back, and now is something you need to educate yourself and not rely on an arrest that took place out of nowhere,

I would not protest a single arrest that I went through, at the end of the day, we Somalis from Somalia, and Somalis in the NFD region are still one, whether treated second citizen or not is not the point, the day this land would be liberated is not far away, and that is a progress made by Somalis in NFD areas, they now held high psitions in the region and in the country of Kenya as a whole, you just need to wait!

Alot of people compared NFD to that region of Somali Galbeed, one is totally colonised to the inner core, and the other is the oppossite, I am glad you didn't make that comparison.

Yaa nuune, honestly I don't understand your point. The only sentence that I understood and which I hold dearly is the assertion that Kenya colonises the NFD. So, true...