Holac

Abiy Ahmed will be the new PM of Ethiopia

Holac   

2018327636577667609410158660X400_449583.jpg

Ethiopia's ruling coalition has elected Abiy Ahmed (Oromo) as its new chairman, according to state media. The announcement on Tuesday by state broadcaster FANA means that Ahmed is now expected to succeed Hailemariam Desalegn as Ethiopia's prime minister.

13 minutes ago, Holac said:

Abiy is basically a Tigrayan in terms of attitude, alliance, upbringing and loyalty.

Yes I have read about him; and  it is kick in the stomach for Oromos.

13 minutes ago, maakhiri1 said:

Yes I have read about him; and  it is kick in the stomach for Oromos.

Not so sure about that. Maybe he is a kick in the stomach at least for one wing of the Oromo.

One thing is for sure:

He is not a kick in the stomach for Somali

The Oromo government spokesperson who blamed the Somalis and brought the killing of Somalis inside Oromia region is in Jail.

Jawar must be literally crying on facebook and Oromo media now.

As is our galbeedi here

galbeedi,

take note. What the Oromo tried to do was intimidate the Somali and failing that split the Somali to rebel against Iley. They failed on both fronts. The Somali is as emboldened and Iley is as supported. Unless you were in full accord with that, even people as far north as Amhara saw that one for what it is. Taking human life for some cheap political competition is criminal and cruel. Somebody will pay the consequences and as facts are coming out will be your dear friends.

7 minutes ago, Oodweyne said:

So tell me, Old_Observer, you meant to say, that, our Galbeedi is unlikely to get his "Political rescuers" from this Oromo's guy now?

Well, here I was thinking, that this Mr Ahmed fellow will be a "God-send" to our Galbeedi, who put all of his "bets" and his hope of "political salvation" on the sight of seeing a marauding "hordes of Oromo" descended on Somaliland just to rescue the likes of our Galbeedi from his supposed incarceration outfit that is Somaliland's political project.

What a pity it is, indeed . Well, lets hope he will be in luck next time the Ethiopian's leadership change hands (as it were).   

lol

The consolation for galbeedi is that at least the man is from Oromo. And he is not Tigray or Somali***.

That should do for this round. The poor nomads that perished for this pointless and very crude and cruel game, hopefully will be a lesson to all and also the perpetrators brought to Justice. One of the big fish Oromo in that is already in Jail. He will need as much consulting from our galbeedi.

*** A Somali cannot be chairman as of now, the Somali party is not member in EPRDF. At one point this was seen as good to keep the Somali fully unentangled in Ethiopia, but now this needs to be corrected in a hurry. The South, Majority Amhara and Tigray are in favour to Somali party joining EPRDF.

galbeedi   

OO,

2 hours ago, Old_Observer said:

The consolation for galbeedi is that at least the man is from Oromo. And he is not Tigray or Somali***.

A Somali? thanks for giving us some hope. Who would want a puppet Somali killing and oppressing  for the TIgray.?

Anyway, I don't mind Mr. Abiy Ahmed , because, at least I know where he is coming from. The problem about all the Oromo on the forefront of leadership is you do not know what they believe. They are neither Muslim or Christian. Most of them are former Amhara  becoming now Oromo to get the power. 

Way back in America, I used to work with large number of Ethiopians. The Amhara Christians were quiet and extremely polite, the Amhara Muslims were great and 100% of them were praying five times, but the Oromo guys were neither Christian, Muslim nor even atheists. They were nationalists, but with no foundations.

The Oromo I am supporting are the Hararghe Oromo who are our neighbors, and unless they are given the power everything else is a Tigray puppet to buy sometime.

By the way, Mr. OO, I found out where you are based or who is employed you. You are not Tigray but a media liaison helping the Somali  Killil and building the TPLF image among Somalis. 

12 minutes ago, galbeedi said:

By the way, Mr. OO, I found out where you are based or who is employed you. You are not Tigray but a media liaison helping the Somali  Killil and building the TPLF image among Somalis.

Thanks galbeedi that new ID will get me somewhere in Oromo governed Ethiopia. lol

I have said congratulation to both you and Jawar. I am generous in that regard.

You are right. Almost a third of them hard to know where they are coming from and where they want to go. Keep blaming everyone, but themselves, that is a sign of lacking solid foundation and confidence.

Your allies in the Oromo are divided this time. They are the ones who established the kilil, the language even the writing system (copy of Somali), gathered every Oromo speaking and gave them an Identity and a foundation, but now I guess is time for power and the first group they threw out was yours.

Ethiopia now will have less turbalence, the GERD will be completed (BTW 2 turbines are starting this year about 500MW. Egypt is failed and done. I don't want to congratulate you on that, I don't want to give heart problems to a brother.

The next big problem will be America China. The Oromo guy maybe America leaning, that could be a problem, but no big deal as long as doesn't take any assignments against Djibouti everything else is tolerable.

Thank you for the assignment. There is a lot of competition for that kind of job. BTW Tigray and Somali know each other more than you or I can imagine or know. There are a lot of Tigray that have positive image of Somali and vice-versa. No need to spend money to do that.

galbeedi   

OO,

since America politics these days revolves around the religious right and the southern  Redneck, Abiy will fit well. Last week I thought Debeke Makonen the deputy premier who is Amhara Muslim would get the job, but the Oromo objected forcefully.

We will see how this guy organizes the Tigray dominated intelligence and army. One thing is for sure, if fair elections are done , the power of domination will disappear.

Let us see the cabinet and the Kilil politics.

50 minutes ago, galbeedi said:

So OO is not AI, and  has heartbeat?

galbeedi   

Maakhri1,

He has a full time job to talk to us. 

Meles and TPLf created a powder keg that could explode any time. They had an opportunity to build multi cultural democracy but wasted everything

YoniZ   

Well, the ruling elites got their lab clone to lead the country.

Good luck to the Oromo and their half hearted revolution.

That's what happen when you take your foot of the gas and, not complete the job while the metal is still hot.