Sign in to follow this  
ToasterThief

Matrix producer plans Muhammad biopic

Ibtisam   

The Message was a great, I watched when I was young. I only approve if they allow a Muslim shike to see it before the final cut to make the necessary changes.

Muriidi   

i think a really brave decision would be,without complying with any so called "islamic" lawmaker,

either totally not accept any form of theater audio or visual depicting the prophet pbuh or his apostles,

or accept the whole package not only showing apostles (rdlhucnhm) but also the prophet pbuh!

not showing the prophet pbuh and just showing his apostles is "euclidian" and misleading

surat alzukhruf(43), surat ala'n'aam (6)

films like poetry are liable to interpretation ,and a good artist will leave it open to such individual interpretation.

maybe it's a negation: that is not the way i want to undertand things

or a positive :hey ,that's exactly the way i understood it..glad i'm not alone...

i'm not sure if i will watch or not...maybe just the trailer...oh God!

after watching the version where they show the sahaba , i was damaged for weeks!

Originally posted by *Ibtisam:

The Message was a great, I watched when I was young.

In October 2008, producer Oscar Zoghbi revealed plans to "revamp the 1976 movie and give it a modern twist," according to IMDB and the World Entertainment News Network.He hopes to shoot the remake, tentatively titled The Messenger of Peace, in the cities of Mecca and Medina in Saudi Arabia.

source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohammad,_Messenger_of_God

BOB   

As far as I'm concerned this is very delicate topic because I've never seen a film made by a non-muslim that has even come close to being fair to Islam and even though my head is willing to give this director the benefit of the doubt my heart reminds me that I should never ever trust the non-muslims of today with anything and everything about our prophet s.a.w.

The Message was made by a Muslim (according to a documentary I once watched) and I believe they have done a brilliant job for not only showing the Prophet but also the four caliphs (Khulafada) and if this guy is going to follow suit then I don't have a propblem but I suspect somewhere in that film he will imply that the Prophet s.a.w learned from the Jewish and Christian scholars rather than say he received a revelation from Allah s.w through Jibril A.S...I could be wrong but my point is I don't trust a non-musilm until they earn my trust and that is as fair as they get.

Salam Aleikum W.W

Peace, Love & Unity.

hodman   

^^^ Bob salama lakini? Umepotea!

I believe this will be a good thing. Too often Muslims are up in arms without looking at the long term effects of something like this. It would create interest in Islam and would provide knowledge to those who only get their info about Islam from the media reports on suicide bombings. I agree that this could go either way as far as how they depict the prophet's story (S.A.W), but having a Muslim scholar like Alqaradawi involved should make a difference in how the story is told

ElPunto   

It's a combination of craven money grubbing and pointless controversey seeking. People need to go and read. Even 3 year olds know how to do it.

And I fully support any and all peacful boycotts, protests, effigy burnings and the like which this may or may not generate.

Muriidi   

you would watch that .. or this ? think again ..

many of us know the story of the young boy who by order of a king ,like all other boys had to study at a sourcerer's place .. every day on the way to the sourcerer the kid would meet a priest , he of course preferred the priest .. the boy was able to perform miracles with what he learned from the priest and everybody was impressed ..

soon the king found out and killed everybody starting with the priest !he killed them for liking the priest's student instead of the sourcerer's apprentice .. they died gladly and chanted Tawheed as they were thrown into the pit of fire..