Sign in to follow this  
Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar

Caano macaan

Saan Galbeedka u imaaday, wax walba saan u maqlaaye, heer waxaan gaaray waxaan maqlo inaan madaxa lux luxo ka socdo. Nothing, absolutely nothing, shocks, surprises, astonishes, amazes, dumbfounds me anymore.

Nothing.

This story below, which I read a couple of days ago on Toronto Star, joins that long list of non-surprising madax lux luxid.

Mother's milk may be the healthiest food for babies, but is it art?

Yes, according to Jess Dobkin, a lesbian mother and artist who will present her work Lactation Station Breast Milk Bar on July 13 at the Ontario College of Art and Design, the institution of higher learning that a few years ago brought you vomiting as performance art.

The audience will be invited to sip during cocktail hours (5 to 8 p.m.) small cups of pasteurized breast milk donated by six lactating new mothers in the community. Dobkin has obtained a breast milk pasteurizer and will have the milk tested by a lab.

"I am taking all precautions," she said in an interview. "Donors have all been screened."

She is also designing a unique serving vessel for each woman. "I conducted interviews with all the donors and I worked with each to envision the appropriate serving device, the way different glasses are used for red or white wine. The vessel is designed to bring out the uniqueness of each woman's milk."

Following the "tasting," there will be an artist's talk and discussion.

Dobkin, who came to Toronto from New York, and has received grants from the Toronto Arts Council and the Ontario Arts Council, said in a news release she became interested in taboos surrounding breastfeeding.

"This project re-contextualizes something often regarded as indecent or repellent, offering a celebratory view," the 36-year-old said. "A substance that nourishes us in our infancy later becomes a curiosity in adulthood."

Ah, disregard the title above, baliis. I ain't no perv. :D

Ah, disregard the title above, baliis. I ain't no perv Seriously---- who are you trying to kidd yourself or us????

What was the purpose of this topic? I am clueless. Point-less topic no offence whats worse is I bothered to read it. Cajiib!

I was kind of hoping it was about Caano-geel. Little did I know the tittle was misleading.

Maf Kees   

^War dad wada foolxun oo caata ah oo meel isla wada taagan haddi la sawiro iyagoo qaawan beey Art uu arkaan, waxaanba iska dhaafe.

Waa khamriga waryaada, khamriga weeye waxa dadkaan wada dhaadhaan ka dhigey.

Nephissa   

Have no worries MMA even if you did taste it as an adult..

Saan Galbeedka u imaaday, wax walba saan u maqlaaye, heer waxaan gaaray waxaan maqlo inaan madaxa lux luxo ka socdo. Nothing, absolutely nothing, shocks, surprises, astonishes, amazes, dumbfounds me anymore.

^^ makes the two of us. :D

L0L@Caano Macaan, yeah I tasted it, but it was like 25 years ago, so I don't remember much. And it must have worked cause I've got muscles now. L0L.

Speaking of milk, do the Canadian milk still come in bags?

Yes, dear, we are environmentalists nooh.

Wait a minute, the bag is worse for the environment than the plastic, no?

Markaan Kanada imid, magaala ugu horeyso aan deganaa was Windsor, Ontario, just a couple yards away from Detroit, Michigan, literally. This guy aan isla deganeyn ayaa ka shaqeyn jiray Detroit, oo markuu soo noqonaayo sometimes keeni jiray caanahooda oo caaga weynaa ku jiray.

Caano aad iyo aad ugu macaan ayee ahayeen oo kuwa Ontario saas ma'aha, I don't know; a real good taste lahaa.

NB, here in Koronto we have a maqaayad soor sameyso -- actualy the only maqaayad in Koronto soor kariso -- marka caano special ayee u sameyaan, oo garoor iyo caano geel u dhadhan ah, dhanaan ahaan.

Their secret, however, eventually waa lagu fahmay, though: Sprite iyo caano lo' ee isku daraan iyo wax kale, markaas ayee na dhihi jireen caano garoor waaye, and a friend of mine used to insist wa caano geel lasoo import gareeye.

Shuud.

Tuujiye   

^^^ waraa caanaha ma macaaneen ee adigaa qaraar ahaay..... dhoori dhako dheer waaxid.. Michigan Caanahooda in Canada laga qaado ma ogid miyaa waraa?....

Wareer Badanaa!!!!!!!

Nephissa   

Most peopple I visited in Koronto used their teeth to cut the top corner off. Markasay shaax caano ma kuugu daraa ku leeyihiin. No thanks, I take it black, aniga caano aad bac inta soo ruugtay ka soo shubtay, Wallaadan shaax igu shubeen. Waa habbeenki xalaahoo tagay.

Caano geelkaas waa 7up & yogourt laysku qasay. L0L.

Baluug   

Y'Know, I've never seen a bag of milk in my life. In Calgary, they come in 4L plastic jugs. This must be an Ontario thing.

Tuujiye   

^^^^ Waraao Calgray is a tuulo is mall town compare to toronto Or Ottawa........

Most peopple I visited in Koronto used their teeth to cut the top corner off. Markasay shaax caano ma kuugu daraa ku leeyihiin. No thanks, I take it black, aniga caano aad bac inta soo ruugtay ka soo shubtay, Wallaadan shaax igu shubeen. Waa habbeenki xalaahoo tagay.

..loooooooooooooooooooooool.. Classic.. waraa maqaayado aa jiraan saas wax kuugu cadeenaayaan ka waran.. abidkaa ha isku aadin Banaadir maqaayada ku taalo in Toronto..shaahigaada oo dhareer dhex baashaalayo aa dhamee runtii!!!

Wareer Badanaa!!!

Baluug   

Originally posted by Tuujiyee:

^^^^ Waraao Calgray is a tuulo is mall town compare to toronto Or Ottawa........

Actually, Calgary is bigger than Ottawa, just that they decided to add on Hull to make themselves look and feel bigger :D Regardless, if milk bags is such a big thing, I should've seen one by now!