Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

T.dot

N.O.R.F   

I'm in the middle of deciding whether to go to Toronto in mid july, just want to know the lowdown on T.dot, let me know, peace!

Jaabir   

Originally posted by Northerner:

I'm in the middle of deciding whether to go to Toronto in mid july, just want to know the lowdown on T.dot, let me know, peace!

T dot is not happening saxib... trust me.. you will only see there the same Jamaicans you guys have in London..

try and swing by Mn. where there's lots of somali events going to take place.

NGONGE   

Waar go to Somaliland, man. It seems that this summer the world and it’s neighbour are all going there in July. :cool:

N.O.R.F   

forget Somaliland, i dont need the booq this year, as for MN thats a bit too far for my liking. I will set T.dot alight,,,,,,,,, :eek:

Juxa   

i suggest u go to british colombia,,,,,,u got the whole combination, sun, sea, lakes and fantaastiko mountains.

waryaa heedhe go to BUULO XUUBEEY it's really happenin down there brah ... try shaneemo ducaale is the best and for sight seein try GEEDKA JECEELKA.....is da hizniz my niz

asxantu

Curly   

I'm going too, lol but I might be going to London Ontario where my aunty lives. I'm going around July 13th just before my birthday.

My sister went around May and she loved it!

Tuujiye   

the world is coming to T.O...is somali week their y'all...soccer teams from all around the world will come ..they are all somali teams..from UK, Canada, USA, Aus,Holand,Sweden,saudi'arabia,Dubai,Newzeland, ext..

More than 10,000 somalians come down to T.O every july..If you gonna come down to T.O, this is the best time. Trust me..

T.O is the best city in North America..lol..

Games start July 1ST, SOMALI DAY..to the 13th of july..

Ii bashala...

Northner, north star from UK won last year, but this year, I think The kids from Ottawa or Atlanta will win.. North star Are too old this year unles they have some younger players..

Qac Qaac   

ar waxaan caqli xumaa.

bro it depends of what kind of style u looking for. u'll get everything in T.O. hadaa wadaad tahay wadaado baa heleesaa, haddaa ka shubtay dad ka shubay baa helaysee, haddaa tahay reero wax barashona waa helaysaa dad adigoo kale ah, haddaa tour u imatay na, is good for sight seen. so u pick.

Northener, T.DOT is the place for the summer! i wrote a whole post on the events that are happening in T.DOT.

If u want to experience diversity and exposure to almost everythin in one time, the toronto is the city for that. i mean somali's from all over have created a world wide tournament,this si amazing.

anyways, i'll try to post the link of the info for tdot in the summer.

T-DOT-O-DOT is the place to be in the summer!

Check this, we start of with Canada day celebrations, and am telling you every weekend there is soemthing hype happening.

the yonge street festivals in july, African festival happening at the same weekends with yonge festival. so you get some latina tastes and african tastes, plus some canadian things, and alot of music and food. big stars usually appear in these festivals too.

Then comes, CARIBANA, the taste of the Islands, music and jams like crazy, a lot of americans come up here for that.the food, and to finish it off, we got the taste of the Danforth, which is the Greek festival, lots of yummy food again. and moreover it continues to september with fireworks at wonderland, and the art shows in the first weekends of september.

Now interms of chilling, lots of beautiful parks in the city, the beaches, but be warned with the lake ontario, sadly we have no salty water, alittle bit outside the city nice locations for camping, if there are any campers in here. haha.

For those interested on going to canada's wonderland, i would suggest for a good enjoyment of rides day, go during a weekday, because mostly its empty and not long line ups.

For those gallery goers, and museums, always fuun stuff to see, moreover for those in sports, there are always competitions happening, basketball, and soccer.

And how could i forget, the big somali soccer event that happens every July.Talking about Nomads, the City of T-DOT gets packed with NOMADS FOR THIS EVENT.and as usual parties all over, mind u the finals mostly happen at the same weekend as the yonge and African festival.

Anyways, that was a little something something for those who are planning to tour the city, and check out the city.

oops, one more thing, there is THE FORMULA ONE competition too, and CNE the exhibition place, all in end of july for the indy race, then caribana then cne end of august to september.

O and for those hiphop fans, there is going to be a thing down at Harbourfront Centre, thats another place to check out, every weekend there are events running there, a world food tent, and bunch of the toronto multi-cultural theme is covered there.

and the Latino festival, which includes orchestra too, for those classical music lovers, and some salsa and merengue.

WE HAVE IT ALL!

WELCOME TO THE SUMMER OF TORONTO!

N.O.R.F   

dont know if i will be there intime for the footy tournament cos i aint gonna be Canada with the Euro 2004 still live and kicking.

Sounds like an expensive 2 week experience, but what the hey,,,, :D

Bee says:

Why T.dot? Cant find another destination?

I cant actually, cant think of anywhere else :confused: , good chance to nip over to NYC and finally visit the place! :D

So which nomads are out there?

What some see as boring can seem delightful to others....Inshaalaah im planning to come to Tdot during the christmas holidays this year and maybe get to minnesota too....