Tallaabo

Donald Trump sacks Rex Tillerson

Tallaabo   

This is the tweet doing the job!! 

Donald J. Trump(@realDonaldTrump)

Mike Pompeo, Director of the CIA, will become our new Secretary of State. He will do a fantastic job! Thank you to Rex Tillerson for his service! Gina Haspel will become the new Director of the CIA, and the first woman so chosen. Congratulations to all!

March 13, 2018

Duufaan   

Well. In short time he fired many people he hired himself and others just resigned. He is in trouble, the world is not black and white as he sees it.

What will change for the horn of Africa? Winners will gain, losers will see immediate changes for worst and no change is also not good.

Saudi Arabia and UAE - biggest winners

Sudan - Big winner

Ethiopia - not much change

Kenya - Winner

Somalia, Djibouti - Bad news but not losers yet since USA will repair relations with Turkey and Russia

Eritrea - Winner

Yemen - Loser

Duufaan   
40 minutes ago, Old_Observer said:

What will change for the horn of Africa? Winners will gain, losers will see immediate changes for worst and no change is also not good.

Saudi Arabia and UAE - biggest winners

Sudan - Big winner

Ethiopia - not much change

Kenya - Winner

Somalia, Djibouti - Bad news but not losers yet since USA will repair relations with Turkey and Russia

Eritrea - Winner

Yemen - Loser

No policy change that effects in the Horn.  It will be same as usual, more focus on the security of southern Somalia. In other words more or fewer drones.  For the middle east, he already made his decision about Jerusalem. We are going to hear more about that.

Russia + Turkey + Iran + Pakistan + China will continue to work together against Trump administration.  EU is paralyzed and out of the game. Trump foreign policy will be a continued failure. He creates more enemy and gets few friends. He still wants to build a wall on the Mexican border. He will be more paralyzed and crazy after the midterm election. He may have success with northern Korea deal.

Mooge   

niyoow you are missing one thing. the state department changes figureheads but the policy stays the same because career diplomats and their files. lol. unless the topic is high profile subject. so i say for countries like somalia and Djibouti, they are insignificant but what will drive the american policy towards somalia is Kenya, Uganda and Ethiopia ... whatever they tell the Americans, that will be the case since these countries have troops inside somalia. another point is  americans can't afford to lost fight against alshabab and growing ISIS. they desperately need strong somalia not weakened one. so Turkey having a base in somalia or being fine with Qatar is nothing. i know the arabs like saudi and UAE are desperate to make somalia the topic, but that is waste of trump's time. he doesn't have the attention span to focus on poor, desperate underdeveloped somalia at this time. loool. 

anyways, trump has 2 years. he is done. 

1 hour ago, Oodweyne said:

Saudi Arabia and UAE - biggest winners - I agree

Sudan - Big winner - Very debate-able. I would I say, if I am push to make a prediction in here, that, they will be the casualty of the tug-of-war between the KSA and Turkey. And if Sudan sides with Turkey, then, they will be a casualty, since, the US will actually punish any power that sides against KSA in the current friendship between Trump's administration and KSA. 

Ethiopia - not much change - Well, I disagree. For it all depends how Ethiopia's responds to US's prodding for Addis-Ababa to cool its relationship, at least strategically, with China. And the precise answer of that "request" will have a telling outcome of how US will deal with Ethiopia in the next two years or so of Trump's administration. 

Somalia, Djibouti - Bad news but not losers yet since USA will repair relations with Turkey and Russia - Not true, again it depends how Djibouti responds to US's request to "loosen tight grip" the Chinese are developing in and around Djibouti's territorial waters.

As for Somalia, they will be biggest losers of all, particularly if they keep on insisting to have a cozy deal with Turkey and with Qatar, since both of these powers, are the real enemies of KSA. And so long as the KSA is the real winner in here, then Somalia will be in real trouble with Trump's America due to the influence of KSA.

Eritrea - Winner - I agree, since, Mr Netanyahu's Israel will be pulling all the stops to "normalize" the Eritreans position in the eyes of Uncle Sam. So there is a hope there for the "strong-man" of Eritrea in the remainder years of Mr Trump's administration. 

Yemen - Loser - Yes, I agree, and it's really tragic for them.

Lets see how our prediction turn out.

Oodweyne,

I think you are missing who brought this change. You might have made your points based on America. I thught you had got it on the other thread about Iran. That is the main reason, on point sharp.

Therefore it goes without saying that its Mr. Netanyahoo who shafled the cards in America. If you folks are prepared to give base hidden one like Eritrea, the western world is yours, but that would be too far away to return to normal.

Don't expect America to go too far against China. Israel has a lot of interest in China.

Ethiopia will be only country that will not see any change, since everything is there already. Might even help Djibouti through some reconciliation with UAE. Then it would really be a bad day for you, which I don't think will happen soon.

Timing is of the essence. Will take the new folks even the lady to get down to real business and then soon elections coming in America.

Richard Nixon was so busy at home America lost two kings in Ethiopia and Iran almost same time.

galbeedi   

I think the Mooge analysis are closer to the logic.

The American foreign policy is a policy organized by many sectors. Everyone is saying that Israel and UAE are winners, but the issue is more complicated than that.

The Iran deal is no longer an American deal but a multilateral agreement by EU, Russia China , America and Iran. If America abandons, it will isolate itself.

It wasn't Obama alone who wanted this deal but also the American military which does not want to fight another war instigated by others mainly the Saudis and Israelis.

For our  OO, Ethiopia is always save regardless of the changes. It will be protected by everyone including Russia. How long Ethiopia will expect to be baby sitted?.Sooner or later it has to stand in it's own leg like every other nations.

Ilaa imisaa la naga ilaalin inta aan ka qabsanayno.

1 hour ago, galbeedi said:

For our  OO, Ethiopia is always save regardless of the changes. It will be protected by everyone including Russia. How long Ethiopia will expect to be baby sitted?.Sooner or later it has to stand in it's own leg like every other nations.

lol

galbeedi now you are not being fair.

You want the Saudi and painting them even religious kaba to boot, but you can't stand the fact that every empire or middle power is OK in Ethiopia.

I can safely assume that you are aware for the most part its historical.

Example Ethiopia was the only country as a habeshi that was gifted a monastery in Jerusalem. The Ottomans guarded it all more than 4 centuries did not bother the monks actually asssisted them. Do you know why. Habeshi did not go for crusades. Habeshi was capable to go, but did not go and the monastery is called Dier Sultan. Gift from Salhadin.

A lot of fighting against Turks and Ottomans in Ethiopia, but no hate ever thought. The Turks also the same, they do not hate Habeshi for fighting them.

The Russians start is religion, and at time like Somalia was also ideology.

Americans displaced the British, but still Britain is very influencial in Ethiopia.

Japanese is also history and business lately. Chinese is business. French is business.

Ethiopia also does not fight wars to bring all people under one country. There is a lot in Eastern Sudan, ut the people are happy being Sudanese nationals, are respected and treated fairly.