Sign in to follow this  
Janna

Diary Entry

Janna   

Dear Diary

For once I hope members from Somaliaonline would follow instructions. I have started a diary entry with the purpose of sharing your thoughts, feelings and dreams/goals with you. Members wishing to make comments should communicate through diary entries. Reporting daily or weekly, could be the members choosing.

Diary, I wish to name you.

Diary, I cannot complain about anything for my life is perfect.

Janna   

Dear Diary

This morning I woke up with the intentions to study alone. I decided to go to a library where I could not be distracted. I had never been to this library before. I took my place at an empty table. My books were spread out on the table so no one would sit beside me. With an hour a guy sat on the same table as me. Within 30 minutes he spoke to me. I answered his questions with stars in my eyes. He was a handsome mixed brother. I stared wondering of his nationality. This handsome guy was doing his final year of law. Turning 24 upon his graduation and was half Somali. :eek: Much studying was not done due to his presence. I had never laid my eyes on such beauty. There was times were I felt my cheeks heating up. We spoke of Somalia, the future and it's past, Australia and the Muslim community, Somali teenagers living in the West. He amazed me with his intelligence, I was mesmerised. During our final few minutes we had exchanged numbers and emails.

What a way to start the week.

Janna   

Dear Diary

Goonle appears to be online however never replies. Goonle come and join us, surely you have been missed.

Goonle   

Howdy gal,

Is this my Lexus from LA. I notice youre starting up new ideas since we last talked. Catch me up on the low down dirty.

mantra   

dear diary..

I read Zarqa's diary entry waiting for the part where she would say "and then I woke up.." :D

I feel as if she omitted this vital piece of information to spite me..

I do not like her..other than realising these feelings, my day has been pretty eventless, dull at best..yet very fulfilling

nemo   

Dear Diary

12th April 2006,

Yesterday I was not feeling myself, I waked up very late (due to me sleeping very late) anyways I didn't have uni and didn't go. I was planning to go to the library and study because I had a lot of homework waiting for me. :( My plan for the day was wake up very early do some house cleaning and then go to uni and study there. Well I did not do any. I don't feel motivated anymore and don't know what to do?

I am not motivated in my schooling life any more.....I question myself a lot these days. Why do I go to uni? What do I want to achieve? Is it worth my time going to school all these years? What will be my future in ten years time?

Well to be honest I want to finish uni inshallah and have my dream job and stuff. But at the same time I want to go to an Arab country and really study my deen and become a shikhad. But in reality first I don't have the money to study there for 4years and also I can't be in some country half way the world without my family.

Sometimes I think that we are so caught up in this world that we forget about the hereafter. I mean I don't see or hear people going to uni for their religion after they finish high school and study it especially the females. All we do is waste are time in uni to get a better job in life.

What about the hereafter? I would like to do both but I can't or don't want to be studying all my life or be in school for like ten years. I mean want to have family aswell when the time comes.

I am so bored with my routine, wake up early in the mornings every day to go to uni, and then finish uni go to the library to study there (because the house is impossible). Arrive home about 8 or 9pm. Relax for hour and then do some more homework after hit the bed.

Next day same thing. What really scares me even more is when I finish uni is the same thing instead of school its go to work. :confused:

Am just wondering am I weird to feel like this or am I just a curious person. Do other people think about their future, are they paranoid like me? What should I do stay at uni and finish it, then what? What about my religion? What about the hereafter?

Janna   

Dear diary

She is deserves to be ignored.

Nameless sounds depressed. Perhaps Nameless should get re-in-touch with her religious side and her soul will be at easy. Deen is what purifies us all.

Hayat   

DEar diary, it frustrates me that individuals like nameless chic think that in order to study their religion they have to sacrifice other aspect in life. do they not know that knowldege in other disciples is highly recommeded in islam?. do they not also know anything about orientation?. :mad:

Zarqa, nameless does not deserve to be ignored, its nice to see some one meditating over our purpose in life. but you see, she is not thinking outside the "square". nameless it does not hurt to read a "kowleadgeable" islamic books in your break in the library. not only will it help you in your purpose it will also freshen your brain(as known by experience). not only that i am sure whilst you are on your lunch break and you are supposedly meant to be sitting outside, you can meditate over the creations, according to a narrative it has been stated in a hadith narrated by Anas(radiyallahu anho) that "meditation over the creations of allah is better then doing worship for eighty-years". Bet that!!

it doesn't hurt to study and become informed even if it means going to study overseas about the religion in years time. it starts now, consistently until you are able to go overseas.

yes my frustrations are starting to deem. :D

nemo   

Originally posted by Zarqa:

Dear diary

Nameless sounds depressed. Perhaps Nameless should get re-in-touch with her religious side and her soul will be at easy. Deen is what purifies us all.

Istakh faloolallah depressed did you say? :eek: You are more confused than me. I can't beleive that you just called a muslim sister depressed because she wants to be a better muslim and do well with her life. Sister you are the one who needs to re-in-touch with her religist side. Because certainly i'm not the one calling muslim sisters depressed and I will not go that low aswell.

Originally posted by Zarqa:

She is deserves to be ignored.

Sister you can ignore me if you want because certainly I did not ask for your help, espcially by your comments I don't need help from you. Instead you are the one who needs help urgently. Calling muslims depressed is onething next you will be calling them kufar. :mad:

Indeed Diin is what purifies us all and I will be praying for you and forgive you. smile.gif

Originally posted by ViBe:

DEar diary, it frustrates me that individuals like nameless chic think that in order to study their religion they have to sacrifice other aspect in life. do they not know that knowldege in other disciples is highly recommeded in islam?. do they not also know anything about orientation?. :mad:

Sister Vibe you got me wrong, I did not say in order to study my religion I have to sacrifice other aspect in life. What I meant was that me personally would rather study my diin than go to university. As I feel I have been going to school for far long time and have been only consecrating on it. I know my basic diin but I want to really get into it in depth. Instead of saying ooh some shikh once told me this or that, I want to know it myself and teach it inshallah.

Janna   

Dear Diary

Is everyone inhaling helium? I was not refering to Nameless. But someone else.

She--> Mantra, gender confused.

Janna   

Diary

Doesn't Nameless know depression occurs to Muslims also? Depression does not discriminate. Different forms of depression has happened to very religious sisters. Postnatal depression is the one shape of depression I have witnessed in many sisters. So don't think you cannot fall victim to it.