Sign in to follow this  
Modesty

Why do Somali Naago like White guys?

Modesty   

Salaam, I was wondering, why do somali girls like white guys? I've met many girls married to white men. So, I noticed a trend these days, it seems like somali women are more likely to marry outside the somali culture...But surprisingly, I haven't met any Somali women married to regular blacks or other africans. Is there more psycho-social issues involved in these women marrying outside the somali culture? Share your thoughts.

J.Lee   

^LoooooooooooL!!! No, wonder I have always sensed an air of over familiarity between you and the "Newspaper" man.

Faheema.   

LoL@ Hitlerette

Modesty , since you have little or no respect for Somali Naago .... What’s 15 to you…? They can Like or Marry whomever they please. :rolleyes:

Pucca   

already hot somali features *speakin bout those 'blessed' folks...* +hot blue/green eyes + honey blond hair= one cute/hot/beautiful/mashallah baby.

now tell me why a somali sister wouldn't 'experiment' icon_razz.gif

honestly, i haven't seen any somali+white couple...still, it aint my business.

J.Lee   

Waa Sax. Suuuuuuure.

The only reason "the Shadow stalker" is always hanging around us is because he hopes-one day- you and him can go 1/2 on a blue-eyed, red-haired baby. Procreate, dee. :D : A woman shall only be saved through child-bearing.

how many people here think that blue eyed baby is the ideal thing - cajiib - i was always a suker for deep brown eyes - it is my dream to experiment with brazillian guys - "it is merely a dream folks - no need to get ideas" :D -

Rahima   

it seems like somali women are more likely to marry outside the somali culture

More likely? I think you might be over-exaggerating there a tad sister. A few, a minority perhaps, but more likely?

As Somalis I think we tend to marry mostly within our own community, laakiin if it were to be a foreigner, they seem to prefer a white man to say an African American man. It’s nothing more than racism. I mean we believe we aren’t really African, that Caucasian features are more beautiful than African, we’ve made the word ‘adoon’ into a negative, we make fun of people with ‘adoon’ features and we even bleach our skin. This phenomenon is all part of a greater dilemma in our community.

On a preference note though, it would be one thing if you happened to know a white brother for some time, fancied him some and then hooked up, but why look for a non- Somali? Wouldn’t you rather want someone you can share so much more with?

Castro   

^ I personally adore Latina women (then African Americans then Somalis). It's no racism on my part. Simply preference. They've got the perfect skin color, great bodies and a fantastic language to go with their amazing attitudes. Why did I have to be a maryooley, mijo yar? Oh the cruelty of fate. :(

Rahima   

Ha ku kufrin the blessings of Allah Catro. He gave you a Xalima for God sake and chose you to be a Farax- I say that fate has being very kind to you Fidel ;):D .

Also there is preference and then there is what Somalis do. They (generally speaking of course) actually believe that they are above other Muslims who have more Negroid features. If that is not racism then I fail to understand what is.

Castro   

^ Atheer what kufr are you speaking of? I prefer coffee to tea, sushi to a steak and a hard bed to a soft one. Similarly, and though I'm blessed with a great Xalimo, I prefer Latina women over any other race. Being a Faarax is not one of my greatest attributes.

Gabbal   

Originally posted by Hitlerette:

how many people here think that blue eyed baby is the ideal thing - cajiib - i was always a suker for deep brown eyes - it is my dream to experiment with brazillian guys - "it is merely a dream folks - no need to get ideas"
:D
-

Deep brown eyes eeh? Hitlerette...

Modesty   

More likely? I think you might be over-exaggerating there a tad sister. A few, a minority perhaps, but more likely?

I am not "over-exaggerating", I'm simply comparing it to the somali males. Secondly...I get the impression that you think I'm "anti-somali", so your reply isn't surprising.

Personally, my view is that somalis are suffering from racial inferiority, and most of them don't even think they are "african" (ha ha ha). It is sad indeed. I don't want to speak for every girl that marries a white guy, but seriously, I think the issue is deeper than it seems.My conclusion tells me it's from self-hate, and erasing "blackness" from your offspring.Sad indeed.

Modesty , since you have little or no respect for Somali Naago ....

Fayrouz, I happen to be a naag fyi. Please don't make unnecessary out of context accusations.Cheers.

Why did I have to be a maryooley, mijo yar? Oh the cruelty of fate.

LOL @ castro. Growing up in a community that didn't have any somalis apart from my family members didn't really help my somali pride. I remember I used to try so hard to fit in to the point that I was ashamed of my culture. Age does give wisdom though. Even though Somalia is a c.r.a.p.p.y hell hole with no law, infrastruce, famine and hunger ravaged by war, I still feel proud to be Somali redface.gif

P.S. I'm not trying to sound racist nor am I racist. It would be absurd to dislike others on their color.