Sign in to follow this  
Libaax-Sankataabte

NBA Playoffs Thread

H   

``If we keep playing like this,'' O'Neal said, ``we'll be fine. I'm very confident that they can hold down the fort.''

Lakers are on a pace to break records...and there's no sense of closing the doors on them...

here's a quote by Kobe

"We don't think of it as a switch," Bryant said. "It's a sense of urgency because the moment of truth is here. It's an immediate threat, an immediate danger, because they can knock us out of our title run. That's something that we have to deal with, and we have to deal with it right now."

The moment of truth is here!!!

Gediid   

Libaax

There's just no one in the NBA who can defend against Shaq.he's just too big and too strong.I think they are in line to win a 4th NBA title.

I have already stated and said that, if lakers are on the 6thseed and face mavs, they will advance, and because that almost didn't happen and they are on 5th, I think it all depends on the wolves now.

If wolves play together and not just depend on KG to come out and save them like AI saved the sixers on sunday night, then wolves can and will beat the lakers.

If wolves stand around as they had on sunday, and there is no contribution from these so called role players, then you will see lakers making it to the western conference finals, thats as close as lakers will come and then it be upto kings or blazers (whichever advances to the conference final), and I still think blazers can take it all or beat themselves.(too bad about what happened to c-webb lastnight but I think with the 4day lay off he can definitely get better)

Lakers aren't going anywhere near an nba final game this year, y'all can quote me on that...

Gediid   

Lazy

I wish that would come true.Lakers happen to be the team I hate the most but if Shaq stays fit for the rest of the playoffs.There is no stopping him.They will have a 4th ring.

ayYo Gediid, I don't think there is anyone out there who probably hates the lakers more than I do...I hate them with a passion...but...

This is not about SHAQ BEING FIT, OR SHAQ BEING OVERWEIGHT...bottom line, GEdiid is that NO ONE AND I MEAN NO ONE CAN EVER STEP UP TO SHAQ, HE IS JUST TOO DAMN BIG...

LAKERS ARE ALL ABOUT SHAQ AND U CAN'T EVER CONTAIN SHAQ, BUT YOU CAN LEARN TO BEAT THE REST OF THE 4 GUYS ON THE FLOOR...AND AS I PREDICTED, WOLVES DID COME OUT LASTNIGHT...

I KNOW THAT WOLVES DON'T COME OUT EVERY NIGHT BEATING A TEAM BY 20 OR MORE POINTS ESPECIALLY IF THEY ARE THE LOS ANGLES LAKERS, BUT THEY DID IT AND THEY CAN GO BACK TO L.A AND STEAL ONE THERE, MAYBE TWO...

REMEMBER THE BEGINNING OF THIS PLAYOFFS, PREDICTIONS WERE ALREADY MADE WITH THE SUNS vs SPURS SERIES...EVERYONE WAS LIKE SUNS GOT THE SPURS AND IT BE ALL OVER???? (SAME SCENARIO HERE, WOLVES WEREN'T EVEN GIVEN A CHANCE...

I PREDICT THIS GAME WILL GO UPTO 6 GAME 4-2 WOLVES, AND ONLY IF THEY PLAY TEAM GAME AND EVERYONE STEPS UP BUT IF THEY DO WHAT THEY DID ON GAME ONE, THEN LAKERS IN 6...)

IF INDEED LAKERS GO ON AND BEAT THE WOLVES IN THIS SERIES, WATCH FOR LAKERS TO SNEAK ALL THE WAY THROUGH THE WESTERN CONFERENCE FINALS...THATS AS FAR AS THEY WILL REACH THIS SEASON

Lefty   

I think my team Sacramento Kings is going to crush the Lakers for real.

Layzie..you follow and know the NBA very genuinely. Do you also play the game ??

----------

Baashi   

Kings can pull this one off...C-Webb injury is a concern. Mavs and Wolves are real contenders. Lakers are unpredictable but hold ur breath cuz Wolves showed some guts last night..man! they were imperessive.

I'm rooting for the little man in Philly...despite the odds..I'm real fan of Iverson.

Yes lefty, I do play the game, been playing for almost 8 1/2 yrs now...

...BTW,I just read the lil comment u made about my team on that other thread "AI or T-MaC"

First of all, sixers not only will they make it and come out of the east, but I am keeping my fingers crossed for a healthy sixer roaster that will make all the way to the finals but it all depends on a healthy bodies...

OFcourse I was disappointed with the first game performance, everyone just standing around watching the smallest lil dude play, but atleast we pulled one off and we gonna do it again tonight....AND ITS GONNA BE A HUGE BLOW FOR HORNETS, it won't be as close of a game as sunday's game...my boyz, dc, skinner(with playing time), snow and goodness useless van horn will hopefully come out and put points in the scoreboard, HOPEFULLY, but u never know with VAN HORN, he CAN KILL YA OR HE CAN SAVE YA..., no need to trash talk bout the only good team that is gonna come out of the east and U KNOW WHAT THE SIXERS ARE CAPABLE OFF, YOU DON'T NEED ME TELLING YOU...WITH OR WITHOUT THEIR FLAWS, IMA ALWAYS BE A SIXER FAN....

Gediid   

Lazyie

Remember l2 years back when AI blew away the lakers.Well Last night was one of those nights.Wolves has one good game.Will they have another 3 good ones.Hard to say but lets all hope for it.

The wolves was somethin last nite. They played good, if only they could do this every game.

On another note, the lakers are some punk azz mofos. Rude as hell.

Lakers get the gas face

Lefty   

Layzie

It's very good if you play hoops. I've come across with alot of talent Somali girls mostly with Soccer and hoops. It's Nice seeing ya doing your thang but inform me as soon as you are ready joining The WNBA draft cause I'm a good negotiator agent. We'll split your contract indeed.LOL

It is a well-known for Allen Iverson's heart and how taugh he plays the game, there's no dispute question about it but some strange reason I don't like his offensive style and the 30 shots he usually attemps each night. I remember back when philly drafted him and jerry Stackhouse two years in a row, both used to compete who gets the most shot attempts in each given night. But things have changed and luckily philly turned out to become a winning team without one of them. As far as their chance of succeeding this year goes, I would say it's very likely since the whole East Conference is wide-open. However, I don't think philly has the strenght and ability of handling any WEst Conference teams like Sacramento or Lakers. do you think they can ?

----------

My dreams of being a pro-baller are long gone...if only my parents saw my talent at an early age, then I probably be playing for a WNBA team now...

I don't mind being a coach or even an NBA analyst, because I am way better than the LEO RAutins, the jack swirksy, the jack armstrongs from sportsnet,but I like JACK armstrong he is the only good thing sportsnet got.

Getting back to AI and how u said he takes 30 shots ....got a Question for ya...

Have u noticed this season how he cut those shots and turned them into assists.

For him to take 30 or more shots, doesn't make him

a selfish player, Ai is willing to share the ball, he proved it to himself and to his critics

this season that he can and did average 7 or more assist a night.

The only reason he use to take that many shots and still takes them if needed off him is because

there isn't anyone in this team that can step up each night and give him a sense of relief and score double digit on a consistant basis, other than AI...

I would rather him taking 30 or so shots than let van horn shoot 2 for 13 everynight...(I would take the 30 shot gamble any night)

Name a player who wasn't selfish when he first got into the league, every one of those good players were one time or another selfish, back in the late 80s when the bulls got knocked around by the pistons, that was MJ being selfish and young and him trying to do everything but MJ grew up and became the best player out there in historyyyyyyy...(it's just a transition a player has to get through and AI and MJ, the barkley's did it)

Had AI continued taking these 30 shots u mentioned, he would have taken the scoring leader title for the 3 yr in a row and that says alot about his character and I am glad some of the players stepped up lastnight, and I am glad they won but folks probably won't give the sixers much credit becuz of davis and mashburn not contributing, but we all know lastnight was a sixer team that I learned to love...

Your question about them handling a king or a laker team in the finals.... I am sure with everyone being healthy, not only can they beat any team in the west but I think they can win it all....(keep in mind the sixers are the only team in the east that has a winning road record and winning record against western conference teams)