Sign in to follow this  
AYOUB

Can Black People Build Prosperous Societies?

Fabregas   

The question reminds of the "Are somalis genetically backward" thread. These questions are very open and somewhat offensive.Can Black people build properous societies? They have built prosperous societies in, Egypt, Sudan,Mali,Ethiopia and various other civilizations, even at the time Europe was lavishing in the dark ages.So, if they have built "prosperous societies" before why can't they do it know".

This question can be asked of the Muslim World.But if we look at the Muslim World there are countries that are advancing economically eg. Malaysia, Dubaia etc.......Again if Muslims ruled half the globe and where the most prosperous society in the world, why can't they build Prosperous societies?Who would have ever thought the Jews would be one of the most dominant people in the world.

Perhaps the question should be "Why aren't black people building prosperous societies"?Furthermore "Black" is a totally meaningless term.What black people are we referring to? Sri Lanka,Aboriginals, Blacks in Mexico, Arabised Blacks or American/British Blacks?All these have different socio-political and econmic histories/problems thus lumping them all into one category is quite misleading....Perhaps the author should have focused on problems unique to the African subcontinent.....Sure they have problems but they have built "prosperous societies".But we need to analyse these subgroups in their particular contexts. Rather than employing the colonial mentality of pretending all people with significant melanin share the unique problems.One cannot engage in any meaninful discussion, if you have people comparing the problems in Ethiopia with Haiti.......

Khalaf   

^^well said bro. "Why aren't black people building prosperous societies"?........good question.

Originally posted by Taliban:

quote:Originally posted by abu ansaar17:

why is it black people associate themselves based on race?

look at the world, people are aligned based on beliefs and ideologies not based on color.

Good point.
^^^no its not good pt its misleading....majority of countries n ppl are based on race sxb...us, euro, arabiya, india, china,....even the arabs/s.asia who call themselves muslims will discriminate other muslims who are black....

Taliban   

Originally posted by Khalaf:

even the arabs/s.asia who call themselves muslims will discriminate other muslims who are black....

Incorrect. It's seculars (regardless of color) who discriminate other Muslims. For instance, secular Somalis discriminate those Somalis they consider inferior, low caste, iwm like the Midgaan, Somali Bantus, Tumaal, iwm. Islamists do not discriminate other Muslims.

RedSea   

NN, you know what to do then, dont' respond in that situation let the 'silly' people do the talking.

Fair enough?

Miskin   

Abu, Khalaf and others.

I though the question referred to the present day. Egypt, Sudan, Ethiopia, Mali, Chana, Nigeria, South Africa.................. We can list as many countries as we want but can we really say they are properous societies free from injustices, corruption, marginalisation and bad governance. Don't tell me the history of thing coz that means nothing at this present moment. The fact of the matter is we blacks are as capable as evryone else but somehow not delivering.

STOIC   

The above comparison of African problem with outside world calls for in depth analysis of how African States became the property of the indigenous culture of the natives. By This I mean how African countries are run by culture of corruption and greed.It is not easy to find a set of common similarities between other nations in the world, but we can find it easily in African continent.

We all know that African countires did not passively accept colonial imposition; they rejected it with a social change.This was a Social change that was deeply rooted in political roles of anti-colonialism.One wonders what is restraining this nations from using the same Social stands against this culture of corruption and greed.Countries like Uganda and Kenya are in dare need of vehicle for reforming the countries culture of corruption ideaology. This Vehicle can be achieved by reforming the political institutions that set rules and norms of standard of operation of the country.

African countries can not be said that they lack resources to build their nations, but they do lack an institutions that can provide a meaning to the mere existence of a country.When Key Leaders Such as Musevenin and Kibaki are allowing instituitions to be infiltrated with indigenous culture of nepotism Instead of Merit I doubt if a country will prosper.When they make the countries assets as their personal bank account then you know Black Africa we do have a problem.

Shumey   

The answer is very simple. In my opinion, what we need in order to prosper is Women Leadership. We need to promote and invest massively in Women Leadership.

Patriarchy has ruled and doomed the world.

The point though is...are we (esp Somalis) willing and ready to embark on this?

RedSea   

^Why not, we are ready to call thugs and warlords as 'president', I think i am more than willing to have you as my President.

Taliban   

Originally posted by Mujaahid: Red Sea:

I think it was just moved (closed) from the politics section to over here, not deleted.

I searched for the topic few days ago, and got one result. When I clicked the result, it said the topic no longer exists.

RedSea   

Oh, well. It's boring topic anyways....lol, no disrespect to the poster.

By the way, is there a reason behind choosing the color green as your text color?

this is not a fair question.

One can ask "Can Muslims build Prosperous Societies today?" and the answer would be a deafining NO.

Im sure the obvious counter-point that Malaysia is a prosperous society will be brought up, and the easy answer to that position would be to point out that all the wealth in Malaysia is in the hands of the non-Muslim Chinese Malay.

And please do not use Dubai as an example, what with there near slave labor building all those gaudy construction projects.

Taliban   

Originally posted by Mujaahid: Red Sea:

By the way, is there a reason behind choosing the color green as your text color?

To help read the topics. Some readers read the first two comments of a topic, and if they find it not interesting, they skip the rest. However, if they see out of the many comments a comment written in a distinct color, it's likely they would continue reading. Besides, I like the color green.