Sign in to follow this  
- Femme -

Wedding Present

underdog   

You don't want to give them something they'll use up and throw away.

You want something that has should last for years without losing value or meaning. Something thats not gender specific.

I suggest a framed Sura or Dua.

06602-4418.Jpg

Being Indian myself, I can list a few things that we seem to like giving and receiving as wedding gifts:

1. His 'n Hers matching indian gold rings ( not hugely expensive, can buy one from £20+)

2. Household items for the couple to begin their new lives together, ornate wall clocks and china dinner sets are particularly popular.

3. Clothing: Sari for the bride and maybe a nice tie for the bridegroom.

4. A gift voucher for a store, e.g M&S - although this is only advisable if you are truly stuck!

5. Any of the above may be supplemented with a nice box of mithai, as Hibo suggested.

Anyway, I hope that helps! smile.gif

Bess.   

Originally posted by Modesty_Chick:

I think the nicest gife she can ask for would be a collection of make-up set or a perfume set too.Or maybe a lingerie.girls kinda like them kind of stuff.
;)

....i agree...my freind is getting married in a month ....and we are all( gurls) getting together going to VS...and we are going to get her the naughtiest lingerie...scented lotions and perfumes there.... :D:D

ps...i found her this lotion at this boutique...the lotion is called... touch me and see if u can leave... ;) ... ;)

^LOL. Saw that cream on Oprah. Looked delicous.

P.S. Make sure the old ladies are no where near when presenting the gifts. Don't want them to faint out of shock & horror. :D:D

Underdog- thats a lovely suggestion.

Nephissa   

...the lotion is called... touch me and see if u can leave... ....

LOL. What is the store called? For future reference only :D

Pujah   

^^^ Naa heedhe baryahan waalagu waayaye manooled horta ;)

So wanna know the store?...dont hide behind future reference noh icon_razz.gif

Posted by Besbaaso:

i found her this lotion at this boutique...the lotion is called... touch me and see if u can leave... ....

They also sell Men's lotion that's called Catch me if you can :D

asxantu

dawoco   

^^horta why u here, don't u have a diaper to change? icon_razz.gif

Femme i think everything have been suggested, but jst keep in mind, a useful gift is the best gift. Sharaxaad never fail, u know, a matching curtains and bedwear maybe? Or those nice candle holders that are a table centre piece, they come in all shape and sizes and look great in a home.

Maybe you can combine a non-personal present with a personal one, something for the home that both bride and groom will enjoy along with something for the bride alone. The make-up suggestion is great, but make sure its vouchers so she can pick out what she wants.

Nephissa   

^^^ Naa heedhe baryahan waalagu waayaye manooled horta

So wanna know the store?...dont hide behind future reference noh

Ay Arawello, meesha teenskaa ku soo batay ayaantaan, Ilaahaa na lehe, facii soo baxaba ku jin, ma noqon karo redface.gif . Meesha in leeysku firaaqeeyo waaye. Maaha?

Find out where they sell that lotion yaah, adiba waa rabtaa waa ogtahaye, checkmate na u soo qabo xabad catch him if you can ah lol.

Pujah   

^^ ar bishaaro aniga duulkasta lafil baan ahay ayamahan sxb lol

oh and the store you bet i wanna know redface.gif

waits patiently