Sign in to follow this  
- Femme -

Wedding Present

Salaam Ya'll. A friend (Muslim Indian) who I havent talked with or seen in 5 years since high school, called me up to invite me to her wedding this coming Saturday. The problem is that I don't know what to get her. When my somali friend's weddings came up....me and a couple of other friends chipped some money together to buy her sets of lingerie. But somehow, I think it would be akward in this situation. So please give me some ideas. Male & Female input appreciated.

P.S. What should the appropriate price range be?

Out ------------> :cool:

Miriam1   

a vase...yea i know sounds boring..but one of those nicely made glass/crystal(Fake) vases(plurel?) sounds nice...you know to put flowers in....doesnt have to be crazy expensive...i love the BOMBAY STORE..(nice idea ur freind is indian lol) eh, it has great little things that are not going to cost you fortune..its better for the gift to be neutral and functional.

someting that always catches my eye in that store are the beautiful wood chess boards soo nice..but that would depend on if your friend likes to play the game or not..nontheless looks nice sittin on table..guest see it and think..wow she's smart..hehe

i am rabbling..yea..but check out the little stores..they hve great things

Diamante   

^ A vase you say? That's a nice idea indeed. You might wanna consider that Bella.

Another thing you could give her is one of those nice handcrafted wedding albums for her to put her wedding pictures in. Something unusual like that, which she won't be expecting.

Some scented candles for those romantic evenings in. Or a nice scarf with a matching purse.

Something unsual is always good, perfumes, cutlery, lingerie is cliche by now.

As for price range, it's okay to go a little overboard.

Hope that helps smile.gif

Hi sister,

Nice thread!! I was wondering about this question some time ago and this gave me good advice. Thanks

So, chocolate could be a good gift. I guess Indians might like the Finnish chocolate... I'm just thinking about the transporting. How to avoid the melting? :confused: smile.gif

Maybe you shall take some photos or postcards of your country, too.jocking :rolleyes:

Yeah,really it does depend on who, where, and why, you are giving gifts to, doesn't it?

you said she’s Indian,so of course she will be happy to get something she likes, so you have to know the Indians like first.i heard they like things such as jewelry and clothing very much.Colognes and perfumes are also a nice gift.

OR some small souvenirs from your own country. They will appreciate that very much. smile.gif

I would say if you are giving a gift to the upper middle class family in New Delhi for example,it might be a bit cleap :D ,An Sports team jersey or hat might be more appropriate. smile.gif .i hope u fine somthing nice for her.

Posted by Belladona:

When my somali friend's weddings came up....me and a couple of other friends chipped some money together to buy her sets of lingerie

Say what? Lingerie you say for a wedding gift :confused: isn't that a bit too personal? :confused:

How would you feel if someone got you RED panties as a birthday gift ? :confused:

Now back to the topic:

Get her frozen chapati or somein.

asxantu

lol   

^^^^^^^^^ why do ur eyes always catch the kinky stuff? Cajaaiib..

I think since she is Indian.........something they call Metaihi would be gr8ly appreciated....its a big box of their national sweets....

Or u can get a decorative piece ...works I guess...

Pucca   

lingeries are always perfect wedding gifts...but as you said it seems to personal so in that case buy her some silverware (those aren't that expensive) or other household stuff. sets of plates,cups,saucers,bowls(that all comes in one set) and it makes a perfect wedding gift.

Janna   

Originally posted by checkmate:

Say what? Lingerie you say for a wedding gift :confused: isn't that a bit too personal? :confused:

That's what I was thinking. :eek: Gross at the sametime.

^ *Yawn*. I tried hard but failed to grasp the usefulness of your post to my little dellima. It is clear though that medicore minds thrive on nasty thoughts. Listen Missy, your little virgin gasp and acts of self-righteous hypocricy are frankly boring me. Either help me and make a suggestion or get lost. Ok? :rolleyes:

P.S. Do you wanna know what's really gross huh? Why don't you visit one of your earlier threads and stop this charade of innocence. It isn't working Missy. I'm not impressed to say the least. ;)

Smilez... Abaa I really was thinking of that. Thnx!

I think the nicest gife she can ask for would be a collection of make-up set or a perfume set too.Or maybe a lingerie.girls kinda like them kind of stuff. ;)

Qac Qaac   

how about u give some money cash, and let them pay off their loans.. cash money.. let her make the choice to buy what she want

Nephissa   

^^ you mean a gift card ;)

Bella, get a gift card from her favourite store.

I got one from Crate&Barrel last month for my friend, she bought small decorative items and plants of her choice.

The price range depends on your level of friendship, and your pocket. Goodluck.

^^ No, he means cash, like "here is a tenner for getting hitched". :D

Bella, I'm never good with presents. But I always think new couples could use something useful for their new home - brand new bed sheets, kitchen stuff..etc.

I like the money voucher idea too. Very flexible.