Che -Guevara

The Somali Region Releases Prisoners From Regional Prisons, Iley Asks the Ethiopian Feds To Release Federal Prisoners

Holac   

Honestly, this is a good news. Qalbidhagax's family and many of the other prisoners will be overjoyed. 

This will be a big embarrassment for Farmaajo's government. Karma of the highest proportions. 

• Like 2

Holac,

It will be more than an embarrassment.  That's what happens when you have no plan, don't understand politics or have some decency. Half of the time things happen because Somali leaders don't put up a fight or anticipate the consequences.

I am skeptical of this news but things are moving so fast in Ethiopia, at this point, anything is possible.

^

Things are moving fast, indeed. The Tigre military hasn't found the ideal Oromo stooge to place into the premiership. A stooge who will serve their purposes and hopefully prolong/protect their hegemony.  There are not too sure about this Lemma Megersa fellow. They're afraid that once he is in, he could become confrontational and insist upon drastic reforms which would include the arrest of the Tigray who stole the nation's wealth.

When you think about it, it is all just a big crapshoot.

• Like 1

Tillamook,

It's a crapshoot indeed. They were even considering another southerner but I think the train has passed. The Oromo are also pushing for another OPDO guy, Abiy Ahmed but he might not be easily controlled as well.

I think the biggest thing an Oromo leader will insist on recognizing Oromia's special interest in Addis and establishing Afaan Oromo as the second official language, issues that will automatically cause a headache for Tigray generals.

You may not have seen it, since you are all focused on Oromo, Tigray and Amhara, but Illey has released what he can release.

The rest are federal prisoners. He will recommend those the kilil will not oppose their release.

Of course he is not going to release somebody that has killed a person without conditions like served 2/3 of the time, remorse, forgiveness and recomendations by victim family etc.

6 hours ago, Che -Guevara said:

Tillamook,

It's a crapshoot indeed. They were even considering another southerner but I think the train has passed. The Oromo are also pushing for another OPDO guy, Abiy Ahmed but he might not be easily controlled as well.

I think the biggest thing an Oromo leader will insist on recognizing Oromia's special interest in Addis and establishing Afaan Oromo as the second official language, issues that will automatically cause a headache for Tigray generals.

Those who are calling for Abiy Ahmed and those calling for Lema are different. The only thing common is it has to be Oromo.

They are actually throwing some tid bits at each others candidate as to why it should be this not that.

Addis Ababa and the Oromo language are going to be headache for everybody including Somali.

Remember Dirdawa is federal city and both Oromo and Somali did just postpone argumrent even fight over it in 1991. I am sure galbeedi would be happy to make it Oromo, since he started stating the Oromo are now majority which is not true.

Who ever comes, his test for Tigray is the GERD and internally to control the security and ensure safety of citizens in all kilils.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Tillamook said:

When you think about it, it is all just a big crapshoot.

That is funny especially when you put it at the end of some "super" analysis.

^

Old Observer, I didn't know your algorithms were capable of sarcasm...xD

In any case, OO, tell us...which of the Oromo guys in the running is the Tigray establishment backing?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Tillamook said:

^

Old Observer, I didn't think your algorithms were capable of sarcasm...xD

In any case, OO, tell us...which of the Oromo guys in the running is the Tigray establishment backing?

Remember I am an Israeli and Russian program lol

Will be hard sell in Tigray, but if the Americans insist will have to be Lema. Which ever one meets with Illey next days will be the one. I am serious. If its going to be an Oromo, he may have to go on national TV and apologize clearly no beating around the bush or long winded coded blaming the Somali for starting it.

The Amhara are working overtime in Washington, to wait and get their own. They do not have a candidate that can be tolerated by the rest, so they are hoping Tigray will drag its feet until they have someone they can majority push for.

For Tigray there is one condition. GERD. The Egyptians have to be beaten squarely for all generations next. It might even be from same area but different Ethnic in the South. Simply giving in to blackmail of Oromo maybe a bad precedence and a serious one at that, impossible to recover. What if other kilil start armed rebellion, are you going to give them PM post too.

BTW the Oromos are not members of parliament, so it will take time no matter what after EPRDF decision. Some other Oromo has to give up his seat and Lema has to complete in some safe district. There is quite a lot of technicality that cannot be bypassed.

Holac   

It is good that the Tigray bosses are planning to force any Oromo stooge to visit Jigjiga and ask for forgiveness.  It will not bring back the dead Somalis, but it may give the Somalis a temporary political closure. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Old_Observer said:

Remember I am an Israeli and Russian program lol

Will be hard sell in Tigray, but if the Americans insist will have to be Lema. Which ever one meets with Illey next days will be the one. I am serious. If its going to be an Oromo, he may have to go on national TV and apologize clearly no beating around the bush or long winded coded blaming the Somali for starting it.

The Amhara are working overtime in Washington, to wait and get their own. They do not have a candidate that can be tolerated by the rest, so they are hoping Tigray will drag its feet until they have someone they can majority push for.

For Tigray there is one condition. GERD. The Egyptians have to be beaten squarely for all generations next. It might even be from same area but different Ethnic in the South. Simply giving in to blackmail of Oromo maybe a bad precedence and a serious one at that, impossible to recover. What if other kilil start armed rebellion, are you going to give them PM post too.

BTW the Oromos are not members of parliament, so it will take time no matter what after EPRDF decision. Some other Oromo has to give up his seat and Lema has to complete in some safe district. There is quite a lot of technicality that cannot be bypassed.

So Lemma is the Tigre's incarnate stooge being bandied about among the ruling establishment, eh? Good to know.

By the way, what's this about giving in to Oromo blackmail? Are you suggesting the current state of affairs was brought on by an armed Oromo rebellion?