Holac

What will be the fate of Addis after disintegration?

Holac,

Excellent question.

There is already enough on TV, sites, youtube sampling of how the residents feel.

There is more than 100 embassies and consulates

Majority of people are Amharic speakers Ethiopians are very poor on languages especially center and south. North is better most ethnics have interaction and intertwining even ones who "hate" eachother.

Addis Ababa in this chaos is very very quiet. They do not want to offend anyone.

They have uneasy relation to Oromo. all encircled in Oromia. The Amhara kilil is far away. All others including Tigray is small.

Let me tell you what the Tigray did in 1991

About 13 officials of Derg entered Italian embassy. Tigray just sarounded but never went in. These are fighters from farmer nomad upbringing but until today all 13 are there few dead, but still are in there. Recently some people asked for an Agew colonel who was foreign minister to be allowed to die with his family at home. I don't know what happened.

This is pure discipline seeing but not touching a Derg in front of you recognizing embassy property rules.

Addis is so big and haphazard its like different countries. There is just too many people, but areas of concentration by Ethic is known no matter how people tell you otherwise.

The Oromo are demanding that Addis be in their kilil

The argument BTW will affect Dirdawa.

Best thing to do would be give Dirdawa to Somali kilil, split Addis in two and make one part federal/international and the other Oromia. But i don't think that is doeable now.

At the moment if you are in Addis i think statusqo is safe bet.

26 minutes ago, galbeedi said:

Isn't the majority Amhara in Addis. Who owns most of businesses?

Not really.

Remember that Amhara was considered ruling and upper class

Traders are usually people that have lesser place in the royalty. Amhara were mostly beaurocracy and administrators of most districts etc.

The Business folks are enterprising Gurage

The Amhara was mostly shaken up during Derg where everything Haileslassie was hunted and destroyed

Modern businesses of course the Amhara has recovered to some degree, there is sizable Oromo as well since most involved with Derg and stayed with new regime as well. Tigray also is increasing but had very low during Haileslassie and Derg almost zero therefore is new.

The 2 largest corps or oligarchs are Al Amoudi and EFFORT (started with money TPLF had). I dont know which one is bigger, but both have lion's share in Ethiopia.