Che -Guevara

Ethiopia frees Bekele Gerba, final day of Oromia social boycott suspended

Mourad1   

Bekela Gerba seems to be in a very combative mood even though it was just moments ago when he was released from prison. The situation indicates to me that the government's opponents are becoming more hawkish in their stances toward the government than previous rounds of protests.

Additionally, releasing political prisons after days of strikes and protests communicates to the people that to some extent the government can be pressured. As a result, it can feed the narrative that civilian disobedience can overthrow the federal government. 

therefore, It is interesting to see what is going to happen next. 

galbeedi   

In Dire Dawa both the Oromo and Somalis demonstrated together.

Ethiopia is changing. How on earth Somali ONLF want  to capitulate while the Wayaane is on the ropes. Is it money or something?

Galbeedi,

One theory is power shifting one way and therefore, Woyanes are looking for allies.  Somalis have been known to misread key moments in history. Hopefully, this is not one of them.

• Like 2
  • That is really sad! 1

4 hours ago, galbeedi said:

Ethiopia is changing. How on earth Somali ONLF want  to capitulate while the Wayaane is on the ropes. Is it money or something?

galbeedi,

Does it mean you do not know the place of ONLF in Somali kilil and the problems it can be for the people?

Actually do it now and do it fast is what I say.

It is the best time to do it, for any eventuality that happens in Ethiopia.

The Somali can take choices with the security of the people relatively safer.

Everybody does things for themselves. No matter how much you love the Oromo, they do things for themselves, the Somali would only be an afterthought, when they think about import export. That comes after they have governemnt and order in their place first.

The faster ONLF is in the better for all options from best to worst that can happen. You can rest assured there will be Somalis that would not accept ONLF. Which means the Somali will be alighed some with A others with B and fight each other. That should be avoided and best way is having no armed group anywhere outside the government.

ONLF has more problems with Oromo than Illey. If you are interested in alliance with Oromo.

4 hours ago, Che -Guevara said:

Galbeedi,

Somalis have been known to misread key moments in history. Hopefully, this is not one of them.

That is wrong assessment. What did you expect the Somali to do in 1991 except secure a region and have local government and control. That also became difficult with some elements in ONLF.

What did you expect the Somali to do in 2005 when there was post election crisis and Somali kilil still in bad shape and Somalia in worst shape. Not much.

It would be too cruel to simply say lets have chaos and something will come out of it. The Somali is not a village or a district to think that way. Almost 7 million people you have to consider. There is also still draught and is only managed under emergency preparedness. The Somali kilil is actually settling nomads that have lost all goats, camels repeating draught.

I think some of us are only looking at it like box A box B...its more complicated than that.

Do you ever consider that the Somali kilil can join Djibouti lock stock and that maybe easiest and safest to do than be involved in conflicts with Somaliland, Somalia...

Its more Somali issue the case of ONLF, remember it has always been going on. Problem was some individuals have little vendetta from past. WSLF, SDL late Dr. Abdulmajid and the attempt by Al-Ithad to assassinate him and others etc.

This is best time for ONLF itself and what ever following it may have, very small by now, but the political value and impact of reconciliation is itself very moral boosting and confidence enhancing for all Somali kilil.

Poor Old Observer...tsk tsk tsk🤣

I wonder how many hours of overtime are you putting in to try to manage the conversations on SOL, about the fast moving events taking place amongst the neighbors of the Somalis? Lol

Take a break, dude!

Love it or loath it: the political decks are getting reshuffled in the Horn of Africa, and it’s futile on your part to try to circumvent the favors that fate might bestow on groups besides yours.

Learn to accept it, mate!

• Like 1

In Dire Dawa both the Oromo and Somalis demonstrated together.

Galbeed, I don't see Somalis saaxiib. I see Oromo.  Does it not bother you that Oromos are treating your city of Dirdhawa as their own? 

19 hours ago, Dahireeto said:

Galbeed, I don't see Somalis saaxiib. I see Oromo.  Does it not bother you that Oromos are treating your city of Dirdhawa as their own? 

Dahireeto,

galbeedi is fighting without rules or considerations of anything right or wrong, no boundaries. What he knowingly ignoring is that Dirdawa was made federal because the Somali did not want to go to war at that time. If it stays federal then even Djibouti can help influence the case, which they are doing.