Sign in to follow this  
Legend of Zu

Frowning Moon or Smiling one?...depends

The thing about last night's moon, jupiter and venus alignment is not only confined to its every five year cycle or the spectacular kodak moments but how it looks to you depending where you are in the world.

As for us - Aussies heavens appear to be smiling on us whilst it frowns on the Americans. No wonder the Americans were not excited as the Aussies!

Here is New York

0,,6379136,00.jpg

And here is how it looked from my suburb

0,,6378451,00.jpg

Amazing huh! :D

Cheers

^^^ Bloody New yorkers :D:D

So you saying the Zodiac star signs are not really stars?

Ma Star iyo Planet baad kala jeceshay! :D

Cheers

Ok as they say it is in the planets & orbiting moons which are satellites bla bla bla

nuune   

^^^ Legend Would be nice if you said those in Somali, that would have made alot of sense.

Cirjeex aka Jupiter iyo xidigta Sukra aka Venus or maqal xidh-xidh.

In Somali or even in astronomy, all planets are called stars, so Legend is right callin them stars, but planet in Somali is Malluug or Meere since they orbite around the sun.

I love Somali Astrology, anyone here who is an expert and peharps knows faalka lol, we could share alot.

I know Cirdey is an expert in Somali astrology and astronomy, saadaashiisuna shiishka ayuu la helaa inta badan, look his name again Cirdey, just beautifull :D

Yes, i was watching this last night and it was amazing ,,,, wanted to take pictures but my camera was far away from me.

Here it was not either the pictures above ,, it was much clear and the two stars were located in the both sides of the moon while the moon was just like a smiling face .........

Very beautiful indeed ......

-Lily-   

What moon? It was cloudy, the last time I saw the moon was during Ramadan...maybe I don’t look up anymore. All I see is clouds and more clouds...

Originally posted by -Lily-:

What moon? It was cloudy, the last time I saw the moon was during Ramadan...maybe I don’t look up anymore. All I see is clouds and more clouds...

You-you want the moon? Just say the word and I'll throw a lasso around it and pull it down. Hey, that's a pretty good idea. I'll give you the moon...Well, then you could swallow it. And it'll all dissolve, see. And the moon beams that shoot out of your fingers and your toes and the ends of your hair... smile.gificon_razz.gif

It is a movie line folks smile.gif

Paragon   

Xidiga fiiriska, Kutaab Deyga iyo Faalkaba waa Xaaran baa la yiri Nuune.

Anigu beryahan intaan cirka dayo ayaan muusoodaa balse hadana qamuunyoodaa. Cirkoow, wallee waxaad la soo caal buuran tahay iyo webiga kee weyn.

Anyway, I don't get to see that much of the sky lately. My view of the moon from my room is a bit clouded. I shall stroll to the park tonight and scan the sky for clues.

Miriam1   

Lovely ! Heard about it and even for a moment thought about venturing outside to see it, but then it hit me...I live in Canada and its winter !!

redface.gif

ElPunto   

^Wimp. Winter begins on December 22nd. Are you sure you're Canadian?

2 stars and a moon - oddly enough - it doesn't excite me that much. I think I'm missing the koolaid. Please pass it to me.