Deeq A.

Ladies from Hargeisa cry after Landing in Mogadishu seeing all the development underway

galbeedi   

First of all dream, danger, inspiration and longing for good future and something different are what inspires the young. It is the main  reason they are heading to the Libyan desert and high seas. That is the same reason they are also heading to Mogadishu.

Just like the North Korean, they have been told for a long time that their enemy is based in the South,  yet after they land in Mogadishu and intermingle with locals, they do not see the any difference. They might get their passport, scholarship or even find a job at the most important government ministries. 

How long can someone wave the flag with unemployment and lack of mobility in their future. Certainly no one will be scared about bombs since things are getting better in Mogadishu. I do not know how they are going to stop people young from leaving unless they build some kind of a wall, then again that will be impossible. 

With more media restrictions, head shavings of young people to appease the powerful Wahabi elements in Hargeisa, and silencing of dissent , no wonder people are leaving for better places.

galbeedi   

I think this issue of Somaliland could be over soon if few successful political moves are doe from the other side. 

40% of Sanaag East is already gone. Thousands of Weast Burco youth in Sanaag are already well armed and only waiting for an order. If the Jeegaan keeps restricting people and abusing power , things could change easily. I saw a clip where they were denying the youth from the town of Maydh , Sanaag from fishing in the sea for fear of getting weapons from the sea, which will backfire.

By the way, Sanaag is the largest province in Somali republic and no Jeegaan army would be able to cover that vast land logistically. 75% of Ceerigaabo city belong to west Burco community and if they coordinate with the East Sanaag it will be  all over soon.

If Galaydh stops his stupid and incoherent lectures, things  could be different in Sool. He keep lecturing about elders getting paid, yet he does not have  any alternative. If Reer Sool debates and resolves it;s issue collectively and decide to control their destiny, Muuse will only rule Burco, Hargeisa and Borama. 

If Sool goes it's way and Sanaag flows, Awdal should prespare and leave the Jeegaan government quickly. Unlike these boys, I could see the end sooner than later.

galbeedi   

The Jeegaan had made decision to dismantle Somaliland when they rewarded the looters, criminals and those stole the public purse. 

No one i their right mind will allow thieves to rule over them.

Talo ayaan siinay oo waxaanu lu nidhi , " Waar isbedel sameeya oo kuwii ummadda dhacay ee dhulka iibsaday , ee ummadda reeraha u kala qaybiyey yaanay so laaban.

Democracy can only work with change of government. From Meles to another puppet in Ethiopia, from Jomo Kenyatta a Kikuyu to a puppet Arap moi, and then to another Kikuyu Kibaki, then to Uhuru his son, doesn't work.

Todoba sano oday la dawaynayey ayaa kuwii usha u hayey ayaa lagu wareejinayaa haddana,  cidna yeeli mayso. 

Maxaa talo ah?

A national government where the opposition takes half of the government is the only option. Ama waa laka dirayaa jeegaanta. Labadaa midkii u roon Jeegaantu ha doorato.

You disband the whole thing or you share power now, not later.

galbeedi   

Oodweyne, 

unemployment in Somaliland is 75% . It is fact known to everybody.

Second, inflation makes life difficult for the ordinary people. 8 years ago we used to send 200 dollars which covered basic things. Today even double of that could not cover basic needs.

The south has been always cheaper i terms of cost of basic foods. I can assure if the bombs stop, Hargeisa , Borama and other towns could lose their young people with higher rates. Why would young people swim to shark infested oceans? they want better life. People want dollar and freedom. They do not want the restrictions of their own tribes.

When I finish high school, the government said that the national service year would be performed in different regions, and while I finished my last year of High school in first July Hargeisa, they sent me to Shebeelaha Hoose. I young man , I was delighted to visit new places and people. I was in Wanla Weyn, and I still love that town and it's people. Young people do not want the constraints of their tribes, they want to explore the world, and that imagination is always a threat for those who want to keep the old system.

With the Somali shillings released across the region, things could change. Who knows people in Hargeisa might throw away the paper printed as a currency which is robbing people their value. People in Hargeisa  or Burco might love to use the new Somali shilling, which would create another headache for the Jeegaan.

Folks, I see different things.

22 hours ago, galbeedi said:

On the other hand , when I land or someone lands in Mogadishu, he knows that despite the problems , this is the Somali state. They feel and sense the hope of being a regular state that they were missing for 27 years. These ladies probably came from the diaspora before coming from Hargeisa. There is a feeling that while they like their tribal enclave, they wish to intermingle with other Somalis without being asked which tribe you are or who you hate. Finally , they are willing to reject the lie. That is the real effect of Mogadishu to everyone. It shows their enclave and the real Somali state have different degree of separation that can not be bridged by tribal pride.

THe Somaliland project is promoted only by  those who are getting rich of the system, connected with ruling groups and out of touch diaspora individuals who are told to keep the flame despite the misery surrounding them everywhere. From now on, The only way these project could be kept alive will be through intimidation, coercion, bribe, war and influence peddling . Young people are leaving Somaliland either to the sea or to Mogadishu. 

Waa runtaa, Galbeedi. That is why in the last four years Hibo Nuura and Farxaan Xiddig increasingly spend more time each year in Muqdisho and not any other city or town in Soomaaliya. Xataa not meeshee ku dhasheen.

That is why Cali Dhaanto, Hodan C/raxmaan, Nakruuma, Nimcaan Hilaac, Xamdi Yar, marxuumad Saado all went to Xamar in the recent years. That is why marxuum Max'ed Saleebaan Tubeec asked to be buried in Xamar and not meeshuu ku dhashay, ku barbaaray. That alone speaks volumes. They all know how welcoming Muqdisho is, regardless meeshuu qofka ku dhashay, ku koray. Xamar waala isku dhex jiraa Soomaaliweyn, it may not be pre-1990 levels yet, but it is getting there, albeit the prolonged civil strife it experienced. Long may it continue.