Sign in to follow this  
SCORPION_SISTA

Enigma------Males feedback

Although this is a general topic, i decided to post it here since it is directed mainly at males and they lately frequent the women's forum more...I am sure many of you been to Som.net chat room often...Couple of days ago i was bored and thought to check the place after 3 years absence...One thing kept bugging me and no it isn't the hostility or foul language used there...It was rather the question "Where u at?"...Some guys wouldn't even conduct conversation unless that question was answered first or if not answered keep coming back to it...Now fellaz what is the importance of this question to your conversations with the ladies!!!! Why must you know where the chatter is located at from the get go when one is just there to waste couple of hours and it wouldn't matter in the end :confused: :confused: :confused: ...Bee bye

lol@scorpia sista,

Gosh girl, welcome to the club. One pop after the other of "where ya at", no "hi, how are ya?" or nothing....just "where ya repping" or some silly sh!t like that. You know I have to be creative with my answers like "hell", or " right behind yah" ....

I feel the pain thou...

x_quizit   

Lol Baashi..

Scorpion, if i may speak of how some of the men there think, its basically to narrow down to someone from their area, or would like to meet, hence, they don't go there to have just a random chat, but have some sinister ideas behind it.

I myself was asked, where i lived, down to the address, age,qabil, marital status,if i was living alone which will make their "visits" easier if family wasn't in the way, etc...purely ****** and idiotic questions, therefore if u don't want those type of questions, block them as i do and only speak to the general public.

If they were truly there for just a chat, then where u are from and other impertinent questions wouldn't matter.

Peace

dang! these guys r so polite! oh! my chat 1st question was the bomb!

r u a virgin??? some of the de ladies will just logout so fast... some be like! what! u crazy boy!!

if they say yes, i go bye! keep it tight fgm!! which can shortened my list! cuz, i usually end up with single mothers!!lol...

looool DA hell is too far for me, but you right one has to become creative...Unfortunatly guys don't get that is avoiding the question and they keep pestering with the same question :(:(

Baashi, comon dude u know where i am at, unless u need a reminder ;);)

X_Q, if they are looking for people around their area then why don't they just go out and socalize instead of trying to meet people from their state on the net it don't make sense :confused: :confused: but thanx for giving it a shot...I still want to hear from the fellaz own "fingers" the reason

Rudy, when a guy asks that question he is called "alil al adib" (sp) and deserves a hard slap across the face, not just called "a crazy boy"...All i can say for you is if you had a good or respectful upbringing you definitely disrespected it by asking such distasteful question to women :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

WingA   

rudy,

u cracked up bro!!lool..

Com'on girls, just make something up if you dont want to tell where your from and give doesnt work look for someelse..

we are all different..

Qac Qaac   

a s l, age , sex, locations,

even the hotmail, chat rooms those questions are used, it is called the breaking the ice questions, they don't make any sense, but they usually start the conversation very well, and they usually have leading question like, what u do there, do u study.

haddii ee ku dhibeeso questions, like that, then u shouldn't be chatting. and if someone answers to me, i am at right behind u, i would just quit the convo right there... no pt of going on..

scorpian sist, ask the founder of chat rooms why he put A S L.

A/S/L whenver they pop-up I feel as if i was applying for a job or something not chatting...Let say, an individual couldn't tell if the other individual they were interested in chatting with was male/female...So sex is a legitemate question at the start...Next one, age yeah i can get some people might prefer speaking to people of certain group age for multiple reasons...Those are valid questions and important in conducting a conversation with someone...BUT does one just have to jump out with them...For example, why people don't start conversation like:

"Hi", "how are you doing today", "R u busy or can we talk?", "I am sorry i couldn't figure your gender from you name, can you tell me?", "R u student, and studying what?", "oh you in college that's cool, so how old r u then?", "Any hobbies you have?", "what kind of movies you like?" etc etc...In this conversation, location shouldn't matter in people getting to know each others at all

So the excuse that to break the ice they have to just pop up and "A/S/L" without preamble or "just where you at?" is indication of people who lack the communication skills and need to learn how to talk to people.

Maybe the chat founder began with A/S/L as suggestion not necessary opening statements for every chat conversation one has

Khayr   

Hey Scorpian Sista,

walaal, how about this line

'Name and Number, Qaalanjo! :D '

Come on SNET, and if u see a guy say that to you

then say 'Waa Khayr, Ma xaada rabtaa!' ;)

"Scorpion I was going to say something about your need to be asked direct questions inderectly... but i'm afraid that would be attacking you personally"

loool Spadez although it has been a while since i was personally attacked i am sure i can get my dusty armor out so whenever you want to attack knock yourself out dude :D:D:D:D ...And one advice, try to do it indirectly so that admin wouldn't catch on and kick you out ;););) ...Oh yeah one thing, if you look back into my "example conversation" 2 of the necessary questions were asked indirectly at appropriate times not just thrown at a person out of blue...bee bye

Senora   

Xena....how are ya doll? I didnt know who were at first until i saw others responding to you with the scorpion nick....Hows school and everything, and your sis? I would have PM'd you, but i clicked the reply button instead :D ...

since you didnt want any girls responding to the topic, I'll let it be..

SIKE--->those guys are the socially challenged weirdos who lack those communication skillz you were talking about...( I couldnt help myself, but you have to give me credit on keeping it brief smile.gif )

W'sup ScorpionSis aka Xena the warrior...

I think ur about 4 yrs too late (might've been longer)....when SomNet chat was the place 2 be. Walaahi that place use to be filled with interesting personalities, never boring....aaaah, those were the days.

Oh well!