Sign in to follow this  
Faarax-Brawn

Somali Flag: True Blue or Sky Blue???

What is the Authentic color of the somali flag. I am tired of seeing different shades of blue. Which is the Original color??. Why are most somalis very unpatriotic and careless to the details of the National Flag?

I am feelin' very patriotic:Ciid Wanagsan & God Bless Somalia(&Somaliland) smile.gif

This one? so.gif

Or this one: so-lgflag.gif

Or this one: somalia.flag.gif

Baashi   

Ciraawi, that is the color of the Somali flag. Now think about that ya flag waver Brown Green...what is the color of the cirka?

U flag waver icon_razz.gif

Sky   

Exactly as Baashi said kan cirka u eeg. The Sky Blue one, in this case the 2nd flag. The way its designer Maxamed Cawaale Liibaan intended it. Sky Blue, White Star and Proud Leopards are the symbols of Somalinimo.

Originally posted by Baashi:

Ciraawi, that is the color of the Somali flag. Now think about that ya flag waver Brown Green...what is the color of the circa?

U flag waver
icon_razz.gif

LOL@Baashi.

Sxb, the color of the cirka is the second one. I think, i dont know man. Every time i wanna buy the Calan, i see different colors. Am frustrated. More than anything it botheres me actually,coz a flag is symbol of patriotism. And anyone who faults it, needs to be Karbashed. Damnit~

For instance, Did you know you can never Hoist the US flag in your backyard, without having a Light beaming into it?. You break that law and you are sentenced to jail/fine. I think iy shows undying love for one's country and total patriotism.

Imagine someone Putting an Oak Leaf instead of the Maple leaf in the canadian flag? or adding an extra star to the 50 stars in the US FLAG?

This little detail shows the unpatriotic nature that is a somali national.

Liiban,i defintly know its not the last one. That is a commercial blue made by some Dodgy Farax who has no color cordination i bet.

Come on folks, you should know this. icon_razz.gif

Maybe the flag should be whatever the colour the sky happens to be at any given time. So you'll have black shades, pink shades, gray shades etc. icon_razz.gif

And everyone can choose to wave the flag that most accurately represents the sky at the time of waving.

We'd have the most accurate flag in the world.

It must be the second or the first one.

Some of us are indeed very nationalistic. Although our religion doesn't console to become a nationalist nevertheless Iam one of the fiercest nationalists.

I love Somalia for the good and the bad. I hate mostly the people who try to discredit our beautiful country.

If we don't take our nations fate into our own hands who will?

syl_3.jpg

Illaahyo unaxariiso adoonka Maxamed Cawaale Liibaan who designed our beautfiul Flag. He is in the middle of the picture. The two men shaking hands are President Cabdirashiid Cali Sharmarke and Cabdirisaaq Xaaji Xuseen. On the far left you can also see Xuseen Kulmiye.

Jabhad   

Blue = the UN

White=Peace and Prosperity

Star=Southern Somalia, Northern Somalia, Djibouti, NFD, Somali Galbeed.

From the 1960 constitution of Soomaali Republic, approved by the Constituent Assembly in the month of June in that same year:

Article 1

The Republic

1. The national flag shall be azure in colour, rectangular, and shall have a white star with five equal points emblazoned in its centre.
  2. The emblem of Somalia shall be composed of an azure escutcheon with a gold border and shall bear a silver five-pointed star. The escutcheon, surmounted by an emabattlement with five points in Moorish stile, the two lateral points halved, shall be borne by two leopards rampant in natural form facing each other, resting on two lances crossing under the point of the escutcheon, with two palm leaves in natural form interlaced with a white ribbon.
Azure is a Latin word, itself deriving from Persian word of "ashward", as Wikipedia defines it:

• The blueish color of the sky.
  • The sky itself when it has no clouds.
so.gif

So, since this flag is azure in colour, it therefore is the "official" colour of our flag. Not too thick blueish nor too light blueish.

Intel   

so.gif

samada kii u ekaaye xiddigaa mid la siiyayow said the great man

Simply stunning….causes my heart to exult with great joy

calan suubanoow

samada u ekoow

maalintii la suray

saan u doonayow

sama ku qaadnayoo

sucdi baa tehee

waa inaan u sarakacnaa

salaan la hoostagnaa

markii la saarayee

U sacab tumaay

*clap clap*

U sacab tumaay

*clap clap*

rolling waves of nostalgia pull me under and I drown in memories

RedSea   

Salamu Calaykum,

I don't think there is any question about the true color of the Somali flag. It's the second flag on the list. After all it resembles the sky and the sky isn't that bold blue even when it's clear as shown by other flag colors. The Somali national anthem went something like------

Qoloba calankeedi waa cayn

inagaa waa cirkoo kalee--- contiunues on.

salamu calaykum and ciid mubarik