Deeq A.

Ethiopia’s Amhara state arrests civilians after deadly clashes with army – Africa News

25 minutes ago, Tillamook said:

O.O, you can take cover behind your cries for equality, of course, and pretend that the Tigrays are champions for democracy and all that other kind of poppycock, but I wouldn't hold it against the Oromo, once they regain their full autonomy and political independence, that they give the Tigray a taste of their own bitter medicine. That goes the same for all the other communities that the Tigray have abused and mistreated.

Tillamook,

First of all do you agree that if a country is a federal system, there has to be a mechanism that treats equally the constituent parts of the federation. Yes or No.

If you agree to this, what do you think it should be?

That is my main argument. If you say regions the smallest Hareri of less than 50,000 will be equal to 30 million Oromo. One way or the other there has to be a mechanism or power institution that is equal to all stake holders.

Dislike of Tigray or someone else should not cloud our thinking.

As for Tigray, why not ask their immediate neighbors. Sudan, Agew, Afar, Tigray and Afar Eritrean side, and to a small degree Amhara. These are the nationalities that border them.

The Abyssinian system before moved south to Amhara was always based on Boqors and Sultanates. Never did one Ethnic or tribe origined person govern another tribe or Ethnic. This kind of unitary system started with King Minelik and Ethiopians had nothing but war and destruction and rebellions.

Other than those who raise the old flag of kings in the demonstrations you see outside and also some towns in Ethiopia, Even the Oromo that you think are against the system would stop their demos and defend the stystem in a minute.

It is quite amazing though when the whole east africa now knows Tigray. You and persons like you must be really influential.

^

So, are you just now advocating for a federalist system in Ethiopia where a fair sharing of power and resources between member communities should occur, or do you deny the official abuse of power by the Tigray over the other communities under the guise of federalism?

30 minutes ago, Tillamook said:

^

So, are you just now advocating for a federalist system in Ethiopia where a fair sharing of power and resources between member communities should occur, or do you deny the official abuse of power by the Tigray over the other communities under the guise of federalism?

If you don't mind let me give you a bit of history how the federal sytem came about in Ethiopia.

The basic situation was that the Somali and Tigray were not only capable, but had most force to separate if things went wrong. Fortunately for Ethiopia they were the two that came up with Federation. The one who benefitted the most is Oromo. All their provinces never knew each other. They had some sultanates and some tribes orginezed before colonial powerscame and the Ethiopian provincial system kept them apart. Now from Sudan to Somalia the Oromo is in one administration, one language..etc

WSLF was the firstorganization that put out from a conference a resolution for federalism as the only condition for staying in Ethiopia.

Then TPLF and EPDM (that is now governing group in Amhara region) agreed and did the same. They did not have a problem because their territories were always autonomous admins even when they had Emperors. There were kings or Ras or Sultan for every locality.

Federalism is the only way Ethiopia can stay as a country until someone comes up with better system.

If you are reasoning with Oromo dominating you could not be more wrong. Federalism and dominating do not go together.

In politics its always normal to accuse your competitor of things you do. The accusation against Tigray comes from certain corners. The fact is these corners happen to be the most noisy and most in internet.

If what you read on the internet was true Ethiopia would have been dead country long ago. There are people who think that they are only ones capable and deserving to govern Ethiopia, but Ethiopians know better. Did not see any peace or development except rebellions.

20 hours ago, Tillamook said:

^

Is this fair meaning proportional to population. Why don't you say it, what it is you are advocating. Why don't I ask you from what you and I might know.

Can you describe to me what means fair between Somali and Oromo?

For me the Somali and Oromo are equal. Period. Comparison of land mass, comparison of population size, comparison of ratio of young to old in the population has no place. You and I do not need to beat around the bush.

The Somali Ethnic is equal to Oromo Ethnic in Ethiopia. That is the constitution and that is the law of societies. Any domination of one society's culture, religion etc is always temporary that comes from economic, military etc conditions.

If you count by contribution to what Ethiopia has become, and getting rid of the old Ethiopia, the Somali has more than double the contribution of the Oromo, but the Somali is not asking for double. As victor and magnanimous the Somali is saying We are all equal.