Sign in to follow this  
-Lily-

Relocating

Originally posted by Haaruun:

MMA.....ma noo shahey sxb? r u still in Koronto?

Haye, Haaruunkii miyaa ninkaan mise...? Waa laguu faayaa, walaaloow, ee dhankaaga ka waran? Haa, Korontadii aad igu ogeyd aan kala dibiroyaa wali, mana igu dhagin, Eebba mahadiis.

Sida kale, warka soo.

Hi Guys,

I am thinking of moving to the US maybe for a couple of years. Get a job there. any advice on places to go. I am not particularly fussed about living next to Somalis. I am thinking of California.

What's the process. do I need a visa and work permits. this is really important to me so please try your best to help me. thanks.

i knew it. you were taugh in damaj soomaha. saxiboow do you know that place is not safe. they teach a distorted version of islam.

i am the biggest salafi but dont have a bread and i dont pretend to be an arab.

btw, do you have the details of mohamed farah from forest gate. i need it urgently saxiboow.

^^^

California welcomes you with open arms, Marx. Now the visa part is really easy... just know exactly what it is you wanna do out here!

Now if you are moving for family reasons such as a marriage or engagement in anticipation of marriage to a US citizen. Apply for either a: K1, CR-1 or a K3.

But if you've a close relative (mother, father, child over the age of 21, brother, sister and no further) who is a US citizen who can sponsor you; Apply for an I-130 petition.

Now if your reasons are work related and you have skills that are in short supply in America, i.e you have scientific or technological training. A degree is normally a must and you need a job offer before you can get such a visa which is called an H1B Visa. Your prospective employer should be your sponsor and they will also have to prove to the Labor Department that there aren't any Americans who are capable of doing the job.

And finally, if you intend to come over as a student: Apply for an F1 visa, from an accredited school, but to get this, you have to show that you have means to cover the cost of tuition and other living expenses at the very least. This can be from having money in the bank or sponsorship by family members and/or a scholarship etc.

I hope this helps and for further info, check out the following sites...

1. US State Department

2. US Citizenship and Immigration Services

Fabregas   

lol. Nah I wasn't taught anywhere apart from imam google.But i know some brothers who benefited from that place. it all depends what type of person you are: if you're the herd type follower-group mentality person you can ge lost in the sectarian culture. On the other hand, if you take what is of benefit to you and ignore all the dramas, like some brothers do, you're fine. And who is MO farah? the runner?lol

Anywayz, the mad man above has helped you out with your query. war cawa ya u duceye? lol. good night sxbyal.

saxiboow despite your puntland tendencies you and I would get along perfectly. and its always been a dream of my to go to california runnti.

i currently hold 2 degrees so i am sure the USA would love me, upon completing my PhD in summer 2011 I will make my way there as an academic. so all in all, i want to work in academia or public policy. i am particulately worried about accommodation and travelling.

^^^

Don't worry about that sxb... there is a whole Shankaroon enclave near our town where they all talk funny and you will fit in just fine. Come to think about it; you just might even have family out here...

loool@ Shankaroon enclave.

i am not interested in coming to san diego saxiboow.for me america symbolises freedom and freedom. large house, large cars and larger bank account. i hope its not all hype laakin. the UK is the best place for a somali person but its too small and has too many loud mouth somalis. i want freedom.

LoL MarX moving anywhere outside of the UK? It's surprise. Don't worry, it would feel just like home with free health care, and other social programs Obama is implementing.