Sign in to follow this  
GAAROODI

Who is your favorite philosopher?

nuune   

Originally posted by Fabregas:

A sol user called Muridii. last I saw him he was in the Islamic section talking about Aliens .
:D

The man Muriidi is on his own world, am his biggest fan :D

nuune   

Why would I have a filosafar bal, maxaan ka faaiidayaa bal?, maxay igu soo kordhinayaan? ii sheeg, jawaabaha iigu soo dhakhso niyahow waan daalanahayee :D

PS: Ma ka soo noqotey baabul mandab

GAAROODI   

Naxar Nugalled, adam smith was a economist the man who created capatilism he was not what we would call a social thinker, he was more about money and markets.

But the others are fine chooses, im not a big fan of John Locke the man who inspired the American revelution, primarly because he's views are contradicatory because on the one hand he argues for the right of people to form there own governments if oppressed, yet he condones slavery which is the ultimate form of oppression.

The others are fine chooses though,

man was born free but everwhere in chains, Roussou

(pure f***n genious)

Those who say Isaac newton was a genious, loooooool dont make laugh.

BiLaaL   

Many of the celebrated Western thinkers (including the ones cited above) benefited immensely from work carried out by Muslims. Very few Western thinkers have acknowledged the debt they owe to these predecessors. Check out the link below.

Muslim Heritage

Raamsade   

Originally posted by GAAROODI:

Naxar Nugalled, adam smith was a economist the man who created capatilism he was not what we would call a social thinker, he was more about money and markets.

Adam Smith didn't invent capitalism; he merely wrote a book describing the mechanisms of capitalist economy. And he certainly was a a philosopher. He wrote The Theory of Moral Sentiments and was originally trained as philosopher. Economist as a profession didn't exist during Adam Smith's time.

My favorite philosopher is Ludwig Wittingstein.

Cara.   

^I'm sure the link Bilaal provided answers that question.

After muriidi, I would say Immanuel Kant, who is equally incomprehensible. But my Moral Philosophy for Dummies has a dog-eared chapter dedicated to Kant and it has proven enlightening.