Sign in to follow this  
Ms DD

How serious do we take our faith

Ms DD   

Salaam

I know that we are all muslims..well most of us anyway. So I ask this question: How serious do you take your faith? When I read the following verse, I felt so little and so inadequate in my worship to Allah.

Say: “Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are [all] for Allah, the Cherisher of the worlds .”}* (Al-An`m 6:162).

Is there anything so final than the above? I mean..what is left after one's life and death and sacrifice and prayers?

As Muslims, we have willfully submitted our whole self, our whole life… to Allah, and now His right is to be obeyed by us. We cannot split our life into compartments and say that this is where I will obey Allah, and these are the areas where I will follow others.

Are there any other verses that jolts you out of nowhere?

Khalaf   

^^^^HUH?

Ms. D&D....

We cannot split our life into compartments and say that this is where I will obey Allah, and these are the areas where I will follow others.

Ie. some fast but don't pray i know few brothas like dat...some are good only in ramadan but go back to old habits after ramadan....as companions ra used to say he who worshipped ramadan, ramadan is gone, but he who worshipped Allah, well Allah is Here and always watching over us.

Islam is very serious, Islam is for serious men and women. None of us are perfect, we should seek forgiveness all the time....none of us can be like the companions yet they always had this fear of Allah which many of us don't. May Allah make our last deeds our best deeds.

salaam

Malika   

Subhanallah Ms Dh&Dh that ayaah trully sums it all up!

For me,I had started to read Quran with meaning not too long ago,and am finding it to be so inspiring..There are days,I honestly believe there is a direct message to me from some of the surah's..

I recently had an experience,and only through the power of some surah,its ayaah's was I to find relief from what I was experiencing.

And when My slaves ask you concerning Me, then I am indeed near (to them by My Knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicants when he calls on Me (without any mediator or intercessor). So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright." [al-Baqarah 2:186

^^Alxamdulillah,for Allah had listened to many of my plea's with results.

None has the right to be worshiped but You (Allah), far removed are You from imperfection! I have been one of those who have wronged themselves!” [surah al-Ambiya (21): 87

^^How many times have I wronged myself..countless!

Therefore remember Me, I will remember you, and be thankful to Me, and do not be ungrateful to Me.

[surah Al-Baqarah : Ayah 121]

^^constant being aware of Allah,his mercy!

Ms DD   

Salaam Khalaf

Aamen to your dua. Islam is serious but we dont take it serious for some reason.

Salaam Dahia

The verses you posted, wey i qaboojiyeen. It s important to remember that we can never be perfect. We can strive for it though. Our shortcomings will be pardoned if we ask for it. The act of seeking forgiveness is what gives us the opening we need after feeling overwhelmed by the burden of sin. Forgiveness means a way out, a second chance, a feeling of hope with which to turn a new page in life. It is through the seeking of forgiveness that we begin to understand that there is no reason whatsoever to despair of the mercy of Allah. Islam encourages us to not run away in fear of Allah but rather to turn toward Allah the same way a baby would run into its mother¹s lap.

The verse I posted made me think that everything we live a life of cultural schizophrenia, by which I mean that we distort ourselves into two completely different identities.

A Muslim's life is concisely described as follows in the Qur'an: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds." (Surat al-Anaam:162)

Muslims should live for the cause of Allah and strive to earn the good pleasure of Allah, arranging their lives according to His Will. A believer who decides to live for the cause of Allah must abandon all the idols of the society of ignorance. Devotion to Allah is a way to overthrow these idols for good.

Wsalaam Miss D and D, this particular ayah is quite heartwrenching wallahi.

"O mankind! Fear your Rubb and be dutiful to Him! Verily, the earthquake of the Hour (of Resurrection) is a terrible thing. The Day you shall see it, every nursing mother will forget her nursling, and every pregnant one will drop her load, and you shall see mankind as in a drunken state, yet they will not be drunken, but severe will be the Torment of Allah". (22:1,2)

It just makes you think; there is no possible escape from Allah's torment. If you are bad on this Earth, then you will pay for it (severly) in the Hereafter. But the same goes for if you are good on this Earth and you have suffered torment from his own creations, you will dwell in paradise forever subhanallah.

Blessed   

Good topic Dhucdhuc,

These verses also deal with the issues raised, it's not enough to merely attest faith but believe manifests in our actions and devotions to Islam.

The bedouins say: "We believe." Say: "You believe not but you only say, 'We have surrendered (in Islâm),' for Faith has not yet entered your hearts. But if you obey Allâh and His Messenger (SAW), He will not decrease anything in reward for your deeds. Verily, Allâh is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful."

Only those are the believers who have believed in Allâh and His Messenger, and afterward doubt not but strive with their wealth and their lives for the Cause of Allâh. Those! They are the truthful.

(Al-Hujurat 49: 14/15)

Dahia,

That is my favourit ayaah, it gives me an instant high whenever I'm feeling low.

Khalaf   

^^^^^Truely in the rememberance of Allah do hearts find rest.

I've always wondered why some find it easy to be religious and practice Islam, while others find it difficult? Any theories?

Rose   

^ perhaps because the person remembering Allah isn't understanding what he or she is saying? it's important to combine the rememberance of the heart with that of the tongue so that one is attached to His Lord both outwardly and inwardly. I think sins also play a big part here-the lesser sins one does the more he rememebers Allah and in essence the greater the chance of his heart finding rest..more dhikrthe more our hearts find rest.

As for my favourite ayat-I have many. One of the many Include Allah's saying:

"Remember Me and I will remember you and be grateful to Me and never be ungrateful to Me" Al Baqarah 2:152

If we think about this deeply, wouldnt anyonebe happy if it was conveyed to him that the ruler of a land/king mentioned him in his gathering and praised him? So how would he feel if Allah, the Most High, Lord of the worlds, mentioned him in a gathering better than this? and Allah is the most Great!