Sign in to follow this  
Ibtisam

IMPORTANT!!! BBC Radio 5 vote to show pictures

Castro   

^ What action should muslims demand be taken? It's one thing for muslims outside the Europe to boycott Danish cheese but what can the those who live in the land do? Go on a hunger strike?

In another thread we were told the UK voted down a bill that would make such depictions illegal. Therefore, they are legal in the UK now. If pressure on the government didn't stop the illegal invasion of Iraq, what makes you think it will move it to stop the mainstream propagation of these images?

I know you don't have the answers to all of these, and neither do I. They are out there though.

castro the two are different.One was political in terms of a war the other is religious.The later is more sensistive and you cant roll over man.Get some backbone in you bro.Go dont take it lying down

Ibtisam   

castro

i thinking your negativity is affecting me :D

i refuse to be as negative as you.

i don't know, i refuse to just sit and wait, and accept whatever is thrown at me. You would always come against a brick wall, however even if we loose this time, the outcry will deter any future abuses.

A show is being organised on Islam channel, a Muslim representative will be on BBC news, I think debates and more debates.

either way if you don't do anything you can't balme anyone but you. but if you do at least your tried your best

what do you think?? castro

Khayr   

Originally posted by ibtisam:

castro

i thinking your negativity is affecting me
:D

i don't know, i refuse to just sit and wait, and accept whatever is thrown at me. You would always come against a brick wall, however even if we loose this time, the outcry will deter any future abuses.

A show is being organised on Islam channel, a Muslim representative will be on BBC news, I think debates and more debates.

either way if you don't do anything you can't balme anyone but you. but if you do at least your tried your best

Votes don't stop the tide or prejudices.

Economic boycotts do work and thats how you hit them hard. Give money back to your community and minimalize outside purchases.

Laakin, am all for Enthuasism but some Realism is need. Why does a muslim have to adhere to rules that have been set by others that serve other people? i.e. voting

Castro   

I believe Ngonge said it best when he asked how we could make use of this freedom of expression. Surely if it's afforded everyone, then we must come up with a way to get our own point across. Impotence is not an option really. But neither is Orgilaqe's "don't take it lying down" rubbish.

The world is paying attention now. Will we seize the moment?

Faheema.   

Thus far, it's looking to be an eventful week ….

• First Hamas gets Elected Democratically
  • While the Danish print cartoons depicting Prophet Mohammed [pbuh]
  • Then the Religions Hatred Bill was re-introduced into the House of Commons this week
  • And finally, today the jury at Leeds Crown Court cleared BNP leader Nick Griffin of "incitement to racial hatred"
Makes you wonder….Is this all a mere coincidence??? :confused:

Castro   

This is finally news in the US.

(CNN) -- The international storm over cartoon drawings of the Prophet Mohammad published in European media gathered pace across the Islamic world Thursday with angry demonstrations and the shutting down of the EU office in Gaza City.

In Paris, the daily newspaper France Soir fired its managing editor after it republished the caricatures Wednesday, and in Pakistan protesters marched chanting "Death to Denmark" and "Death to France."

Turkish Prime Minister Tayyip Erdogan was quoted as saying the cartoons -- one depicting the founder of Islam wearing a turban resembling a bomb --showed press freedom should have its limits.

Muslims consider it sacrilegious to produce a likeness of the Prophet Mohammad.

(CNN has chosen to not show the cartoons in respect for Islam.)

"The cartoons of the Prophet Mohammad are an attack on our spiritual values. There should be a limit to press freedom," the state Anatolian news agency quoted Erdogan as telling French Foreign Minister Philippe Douste-Blazy during talks in Ankara.

Meanwhile, Denmark summoned overseas envoys in Copenhagen for talks, Reuters reported.

Danish Prime Minister Anders Fogh Rasmussen said the issue had gone beyond a feud between Copenhagen and the Muslim world and now centered on Western free speech versus taboos in Islam, which is the second religion in many European countries.

In continuing protests, Palestinian gunmen shut the European Union office Thursday in Gaza City, writing on the door that the office would remain closed until the Europeans apologize to Muslims, Palestinian security sources told CNN.

Wearing masks, the men -- from Islamic Jihad and the al Aqsa Martyrs Brigades, the armed wing of Fatah -- fired bullets into the air and one of them read demands.

On Monday, a similar demonstration occurred in Gaza City to protest of a series of cartoons in a Danish newspaper considered offensive by many Muslims. (Full story)

Palestinian officials said the gunmen were threatening to kidnap European workers if the European Union did not apologize.

The drawings first ran in a Danish paper in September.

The same 12 cartoons were published Wednesday by two European newspapers -- Die Welt in Berlin, and France Soir in Paris -- who characterized the publications as a matter of free speech.

France Soir published the cartoons under the headline, "Yes, one has the right to caricature God." (Full story)

Both newspapers said they were publishing the cartoons in solidarity with the Danish newspaper Jyllands-Posten, which both newspapers said had the right to publish the cartoons in a free society with a free press.

'Editor fired'

Following the publication in Paris, according to the authoritative daily newspaper Le Monde, the publisher of France Soir, Raymond Lakah, fired the editorial director of the newspaper, Jacques Lefranc. (Full story)

According to Le Monde, which described Lakah as "Franco-Egyptian," the publisher issued a statement saying he had decided to fire Lefranc as president and director of the newspaper in "a strong sign of respect to the intimate convictions and beliefs of each individual."

On Wednesday, Iraqis urged their government to cut diplomatic ties with Denmark and Norway because of the publication of the cartoons.

Iraqi Islamic leaders called on worshippers to stage demonstrations from Baghdad to the southern city of Basra following main weekly prayer services Friday to condemn the caricatures.

The Arabic-language news channel Al-Jazeera broadcast a report with the cartoons heavily distorted.

The culture editor of Jyllands-Posten, Fleming Rose, apologized for the publication of the cartoons, saying the newspaper did not mean to offend Muslims and said the cartoons had to be understood in context.

Norway suspended operations at its office in the West Bank town of Ram, just outside of Jerusalem, after receiving threats connected to a Norwegian newspaper's publication of the cartoons.

Outgoing Palestinian Prime Minister Ahmed Qureia on Thursday condemned the caricatures, saying they "provoke all Muslims everywhere in the world."

"We hope that the concerned governments are attentive to the sensitivity of this issue," Qureia told The Associated Press.

He asked gunmen not to attack foreigners. "But we warn that emotions may flare in this very sensitive issues."

Afghanistan said publication of the caricatures would give ammunition to those seeking to disrupt international relations.

"Any insult to the Holy Prophet (Peace Be Upon Him) is an insult to more than 1 billion Muslims and an act like this must never be allowed to be repeated," Afghan President Hamid Karzai said in a statement.

Students march

In Pakistan, more than 300 Islamic students protested, chanting "Death to Denmark" and "Death to France."

Iran's Foreign Ministry has summoned Austrian Ambassador Stigel Bauer, as representing the European Union, to protest the publication, the Islamic Republic News Agency reported.

Bauer expressed "sorrow" over the incident and promised to convey Iran's protest to his government and other EU countries, the agency reported. Austria currently holds the rotating presidency of the 25-nation European Union.

A Jordanian newspaper took the bold step of publishing three of the caricatures Thursday, saying it was reprinting them to show readers "the extent of the Danish offense."

Next to the drawings, the Arabic weekly Shihan said in a headline: "This is how the Danish newspaper portrayed Prophet Muhammad, may God's blessing and peace be upon him."

The director of media rights group Reporters Without Borders, Robert Menard, called for calm. "We need to figure out how to reconcile freedom of expression and respect of faith," he said.

Source

Ibtisam   

Originally posted by Castro:

believe Ngonge said it best when he asked how we could make use of this freedom of expression. Surely if it's afforded everyone, then we must come up with a way to get our own point across.

yes i agree, but, how, the Muslims are too busy with debates about what colour scarf’s women should wear, how long their miswak should be and other small issues. Others like Khayr are outraged that they are expected to use the same process as everyone else, and is far removed from reality, seemingly thinking that the Muslims are in a position to choose what methods they wish to employ in their defence.

Impotence is not an option really. But neither is Orgilaqe's "don't take it lying down" rubbish.

Regardless, this is a campaign that we have already lost, but it is what follows and its implications for the future is what we should be concerned about. The rest of world media is looking to see how far the Muslims can be pushed and what reaction if any they are capable of. Muslims are not known as movers and shakers in issues.

The world is paying attention now. Will we seize the moment? [/QB]

The world is paying attention, but the Muslims are not, they only place where there was any public reaction was Palestine and Iraq: and who will take notice of them?

if Muslims in general do not take a stand now, i won't be surprised if in a few months time, we don't have the same newspapers drawing pictures of what the "Muslim Allah looks like"

Fay,

Figures that they would let Nick Griffin off. When anti-racism legislation doesn't affect racists like Griffin, what's the chance that this 'Religious Hatred' bill is going to reduce the tide of Islamphobia gripping the country? Nil? Zero? I thought so.

It will only be used to incarcerate your garden variety Imaam (you know the ones - they like to tape themselves).

Ibtisam,

Tawakaltu cala Allah. *Feels passive*

castro

i thinking your negativity is affecting me
:D

True... in fact Castro is highly contagious. He needs to be quarantined ASAP then detoxicated. And I'm not refering to wishy-washy kinda of detoxication. His case requires heavy-duty, industrial capacity detoxication. 'Cause only lord knows how poisonous he is.

So Ibtisaam, keep save distance from him. That's what I do.

In the meantime:

00000018.gif

Impotence is not an option really. But neither is Orgilaqe's "don't take it lying down" rubbish.

Castro you suprise me.You sit on your behind doing nothing about it and yet you have the balls to criticise me for doing something about it.

Well at least i have done something about it,what have you done apart from taking part in a fadhikudirir session on SOL.This is not the front, it's out there..so stop yacking and start doing something.Campaigning and lobbying is how most of the laws etc are brought in.As for the boycotts...we live in the UK we aint a nation.Leave that for those in the muslim world to do.For us here we do our part..get it OUR PART

Ibtisam   

^^^easy there, arguing here is not going to achieve much, Pluz does he not live in the US or something, so he can't do much for us.

SB such a useless advice, "BE happy kulahah, what is there to be happy about" :D

Ahura: i will

today i am taking part in a protest, if you are in central london, you may see people with signs on their back

"Insulting me, is not freedom of the press"

and i have one on my back!! i tell ya, standing on the bus trying to read my metro was impossible, i made few friends amongst the none Muslims who agreed with me, first time i had a conversation with a bunch of strangers on a train!!

Mudaharaad Balaaran oo maanta ka dhacay Caasimada Puntland ee Garowe

Garowe:- Bartamaha magaalada Garowe ayaa maanta oo Jimce ah waxaa isugu soo baxay Kumanaan dad ah oo ku dhawaaqayey ALLAHU AKBAR.

Mudaharaadka maanta oo dhacay salaadii Jimce kadib ayaa ahaa mid shacabku ay ku muujinayeen sida ay u dhaliiceynayaan dalalka reer Galbeedka ah ee baneeystay in ay aflagaadeeyaan Nebi Maxamed (SCW).

Mudaharaadkii maanta oo aan loo kala harin ayaa culumadii ka hadashay waxaa kamid ahaa Shiikh C/qaadir Nuur, iyo Shiikh Maxamuud Xaaji Yusuf.

Culumaa'udiinka gobalka Nugaal oo banaanbaxan soo abaabulay ayaa halkaasi khudbado qiimo leh kasoo jeediyey.

Shiikh C/qaadir Nuur Faarax oo kamid ah culumadii halkaasi ka hadashay ayaa waxaa hadaladiisa kamid ahaa [...Waxaa Saaka nasoo kiciyey waxaa weeye warar xun xun ee kasoo baxay afkooda (reer Galbeedka) oo ay saxaafadahooda ku qoreen...oo Nebiyu Allahu Maxamed (SCW)---Khayrul Khalqi-laah---in ay maanta Carabkooda wax ugu geystaan...

Joornaaladooduna ku qoraan iyo iney sawiraan waxyaabaha Yaabka ah waxa weeye....Reer yurub oo dhan in Madaxdoodii ay saa ku raaceen....

oo saa ayey raali ka yihiin....oo waxay leeyihiin waa Xoriyatul Qowl....oo ay leeyihiin waxaanu nahay dad xoriyatul qowl ku hadlaya...oo ay leeyihin dadkayagu waa in waxa ay doonaan ku hadlaan...

waxaa yaableh Xoriyatul Qowlka anaga Nalooma ogola..Inaan Guryahayaga maamulano in aan diintayada ku dhaqano inaan awlaadayada tarbiyeyno....inaan Manhajkayaga iyo tacliintayada anagu dejisano lama ogola oo Ayagaa noo Dajinaya...ma ogola oo anagu xoriyad uma lihin...ayaguna waxay xoriyad u leeyihiin in ay Nebi Maxamed (SCW) ay saa u caayaan oo ay saa raali uga yihiin....]

Shiikh Maxamuud Xaaji Yusuf ayaa ka hadlay loolanka u dhaxeeyey Muslimiinta iyo Gaalada tan iyo intii Diinta Islaamka soo degtay iyo dagaalkii ay gaaladu ku qaadeen Nebi Maxamed (SCW).

Wuxuuna Shiikh Maxamuud sidoo kale sheegay in gaaladu ay ka ogo'an tahay dagaalka ay ku hayaan Muslimiinta, balse ay muslimiinta taasi ayasan kuligood weli aysan ka dhaadhicin.

Mudaharaadkan ayaa ahaa mid aad u balaaran isla markaana maanta laga dareemay magaalada Garowe guud ahaan.

Waxaana sidoo kale la xiray maanta oo Jimce ah dhamaan Xarumihii ganacsiga ayadoo loo jeeday kumanaan dad ah oo kusii qul qulaya Barxada weyn ee Fagaaraha Garoowe.

Mudaharaadkan ayaa ahaa kii ugu weynaa uguna horeeyey oo ka dhacay dalka Soomaaliya loogana soo horjeedo wararkii iyo sawiradii Aflagaadada ahaa oo ay qoreen Joornaalada kasoo baxa dalalka Yurub, kuwaasi oo lagu doonayey in lagu aflagaadeeyo Nebi Maxamed (SCW).