Sign in to follow this  
Naden

Shut your mouth!

Naden   

Finally! Women don't talk more than men. Always been bothered by nonsense studies that claim otherwise seeing the number of men who walk around in droves like chimps, talking trash, or with cell phones nearly glued to their ears. Here's another nonsense study claiming that flapping the gums is equal between the genders. Maybe commercials will stop peddling that image now. Uff.

Men 'no less chatty than women'

The chatty woman may be an unfounded stereotype

The common notion that women are the more talkative sex has been dispelled by scientists in the US. Researchers who bugged 400 students to log their chats found little difference in word count between the sexes. The University of Arizona study, in Science, conflicts with previous US research suggesting women talk almost three times as much as men. Whether someone was an introvert or an extrovert was more important, said relationship experts.

If only the psychotherapist had shut her mouth before she uttered:

"If women listened more we might find men talked more than we thought, and if men listened they might find that women actually don't talk a lot of rubbish all the time. Some of what we say is actually valuable."

sick0002.gif

Source

Ibtisam   

loool @ Naden. Some of what we say is actually valuable, lool Right. Commercials will always make use of wide spread myths, regardless of how many studies. It is interesting that it rather depends on whether someone is introvert or an extrovert. A new correlation.

^^^Well...Someone can pick you as an example? then the same person can pick JB as well...ooh bugger that JB if only he keeps his mouth shut [well in this case his fingers]

Cheers

Ibtisam   

^^^ LOZ, cheers. hmmm interesting, does how many posts reflect how much someone talks, I doubt it, people who hide behind computers are normally very quiet and shy in real life (excluding me)In fact you should assume that I have no social life and speak (type) on computer, hence I cannot be the most talkative person, because if i was talkative i would be talking someone's ear off instead of sitting in fornt of a computer. Oh Lord,.. I think I just confused myself… but you get my drift. :D

Aaliyyah   

^^^Xanthus, lol hun u can't come up with theory and exclude yourself. Be fair deee

Naden I agree, I don't think whether some one is talkative or not has anything to do with their gender. One would generalize if they said men talk more, or vice versa. It all depends on your personality, there are men/women out there who are talkative, and other men/women might like to express themselves in few words. You will find all kinda people out there.

wa salaamu alaikum

Som@li   

Somethings dont need a study to find out, it is out there, just observe your immediate friends, and u have the answer.