Old_Observer

Double Syndrome African+Arab in Eritrea

Once hopeful and with so much promise, the Eritrean leader has been too long in power and now has started talking nonesense since no one close to him can tell him he is wrong or advice him against his madness.

He is now in a letter blaming America (just for public consumption otherwise Israel is his patron and nobody is going to touch him, even Ethiopia):

America started the border war so it can control the Area

America is the one applying sanctions, since it prevent from helping Somalia

Yet if it was not for America and Algeria, not only the 25km deep in his countryby 1000km across the whole border, but his country would have become protectorate. Wee hour call to washington is forgotten now.

Government supporters in Eritrea say "Isayas is the only one in Africa that can challenge America" Just like Iraqi's used to say of Sadam Husien. I hope Somalis do not fall into this trap and expect president Formajo to act animously to Kenya, Ethiopia or Djibouti. There is nothing to be gained at this time.

Pres. Isaias to UN SC – “Washington worked to drive a wedge between Ethiopians, Eritreans”

President Isaias Afeworki has sent messages to several Heads of State and Government urging them to use their influences in the UN Security Council to redress the injustices perpetrated against Eritrea.

In his message, President Isaias stressed that the UN Security Council has the obligation, primary responsibility and legal mandate to ensure and promote the security and peace of sovereign countries and thereby guarantee the maintenance of international peace and security.

The President referred to the border war between Eritrea and Ethiopia that raged for two years from May 1998 until June 2000 entailing a huge loss of life and enormous destruction of property. The “border dispute” was a simple ruse as the boundary between the two countries was defined and determined without any ambiguity in colonial times. But Washington feverishly worked at the time, through the State Department, to drive a wedge between the two peoples who have deep historical and strategic ties in order to foment a crisis and micromanage the affairs of the Horn of Africa.

Photo - Eritrean President Isaias Afeworki, May 28, 2017 Photo – Eritrean President Isaias Afeworki, May 2017

President Isaias went on to highlight that even though the “border conflict” was legally adjudicated on the basis of the Algiers agreement, the US Administration used its clout in the UN Security Council to further exacerbate the crisis and to block the enforcement of the final and binding arbitral decision.

The final and binding legal Award was not, however, amendable to alterations through diplomatic maneuvering, President Isaias noted.  In the event, the US and its allies concocted a fictitious case accusing Eritrea of supporting “Al-Shebaab” to impose unwarranted sanctions against the country in December 2009 in the name of the UN Security Council.

Demonization campaigns that have been underway under the bogus pretext of “violations of human rights”; periodic military attacks launched against the country; and organized criminal networks of human trafficking set up to precipitate and incite illicit migration of Eritrean youth are part and parcel of these schemes of harassment,  President Isaias added.

President Isaias finally stressed that it is high time that the flouting of the rule of law; the violation of international law; and, the prevalence of the rule of jungle are terminated once and for all. He further reiterated that the UN Security Council is bestowed with the legal obligations and responsibility, above any other body, to remove occupation from our sovereign territories; rescind the unwarranted sanctions imposed against Eritrea without factual substantiation; and, bring to an end the incessant attacks perpetrated against the country through various forms.

Source: Eritrean Ministry of Information –  June 06, 2017.

Another African syndrome. These flags could have clothed a thousand children.

image.png.8922e8177d1aa2044ce73821843b91c8.png

Holac   

Isaias looks like the late Saddam. :)

This man singlehandedly destroyed the hopes of Eritrean people who had so much promise after winning independence. Eritrea is now stuck in the past. 

Its the thinking process.

Isayas instead of competing fairly and brotherly with Djibouti, he thought he can destroy Djibouti and leave Ethiopia with no option but him becoming East Africas warlord. He lost that one and never recovered.

He tried the same against Sudan, even working with some from Darfur, he lost that one as well. Ethiopia outsmarted him. Ethiopia has now close to 10,000 soldiers in Sudan paid by UN. Isayas lost completely.

He thinkered in Yemen against the late Abdella Saleh. He thinkered in Somalia against the late Abdullahi Yusuf.

There is nobody around him to tell him that something is wrong. Everyone around him applauds and says yes sir. Downhill.

The Somali from all corners including the Somali region had supported him, but he could not stay neutral and try to reconcile the different sides. All he can see was if Somali has any relation to Ethiopia.

Dutch government tells highest Eritrean diplomat to leave

Wed Jan 17, 2018 / 11:03 AM EST
Reuters Staff

(Reuters) - The Dutch government has told the highest representative of Eritrea in the Netherlands to leave the country, minister of Foreign Affairs Halbe Zijlstra said on Wednesday.

Tekeste Ghebremedhin Zemuy has been declared persona non grata, Zijlstra wrote in a letter to parliament, as the government saw mounting evidence of Eritrea continuing to force tax payments from people who fled the country.

A spokesman for the Eritrean Embassy declined to comment on the decision.

Dutch radio program Argos last month said Eritrean refugees were being intimidated into paying a "diaspora tax" at the embassy in The Hague, in order to get access to its services, despite earlier orders by the Dutch government to stop this practice.

"This is an exceptionally severe measure, meant as a signal to the government of Eritrea", Zijlstra said. "We want to make clear that we don't tolerate these unwanted practices."

Zijlstra said he had decided not to close the entire embassy, against the will of a majority in Dutch parliament, as that would make it impossible to help Eritreans.

He called on Eritreans to report criminal offences they had experienced at the embassy.

(Reporting by Bart Meijer; Editing by Alison Williams)

agree, he is a mad man, and Eritrea has so much potential.

He takes extortion money, calls Tax,  from all Eritrean overseas, if they don't pay, their family suffer.

But one thing is true, very brave and patroitic with just tiny population , kicking Ethiopian ass.

Ethiopia, the largest country in the Horn of Africa, is worried by a number of issues. Prime among them is the success of Eritrea, Addis’s sworn enemy, at breaking through the isolation that it had suffered since its independence from Ethiopia in 1991. Asmara had taken advantage of the war in Yemen, turning away from its former allies, the Houthis, and granting Arab coalition forces access to its military base at Assab, which it has leased to the UAE. Asmara has also relinquished its support for the terrorist Al-Shabaab Al-Mujahideen movement in Somalia in exchange for joining the bloc of countries that have declared an embargo against Qatar. This has opened the doors to Egyptian and Gulf arms, according to the Europe Centre for Foreign Policy Advice.

http://english.ahram.org.eg/NewsContent/2/9/288381/World/International/Tensions-in-the-Horn-of-Africa-Shifting-regional-a.aspx

Eritrea is copying the Egyptians perfectly. There is nothing to be trusted as principle. Everything including one's dignity and historical connections is for sale.

The Eritreans should never ever go against Sudan. Half a million Eritreans were living in Sudan. They were not camped. They lived almost same as citizens. Worked, went to school, it did not matter christians or moslems no difference. Yet the Ethiopians organized a big festival to say thank you to the Sudanese, while Eritrean dictator on behalf of Israel and America established Eastern Front using his own army, interfered in Darfur.

Could past history be affecting Eritrea?

All those in Eritrea, by location, when coastlines were critical to empires, fell one by one to service of colonials. The Eritrean for example went to fight for Italy where Italy faced the most Resistance.

The Eritreans and Ethiopians for example know what is today Puntland more than any other Somali area (The Eritreans with the Italian side and the Ethiopians with the resistance . The Eritreans also know the Italian part of Libya more than any other part, since they went and served there.

No other colony, even India to the British has contributed so much to colonizers.

When ever Egypt was up, also was welcomed in Eritrea at least with some of the nationalities.

I think leaders have these things in the back of their mind. Gaddafi gave so much help to Isayas, but Isayas did not even attempt to help even family members of Gaddafi let alone his army. Isayas was too afraid of America and Britain he did not even try through Egypt human help.

Ade Muse reminded Isayas of the history when Isayas was working against TFG and Puntland in 2006.

History is cruel. Never compeletly disappears, even with dollar power, petrol power...it always shows up in unexpected way.

Well, well , well Old Observer,  who might I ask has now the misfortune of placing themselves in the crosshairs of  Sol’s official Tigray ministry of disinformation?  

Well let’s see... if it isn’t the poor Eritreans.. eh?  I guess the Oromos will get a little a break from your disingenuous ballyhoo for a short spell, huh O.O? 😀

3 hours ago, Tillamook said:

Well let’s see... if it isn’t the poor Eritreans.. eh?  I guess the Oromos will get a little a break from your disingenuous ballyhoo for a short spell, huh O.O? 😀

Tillamook,

Thank you for considering me so highly.

I have one principle. I don't like people, group, party that attack others for no benefit to themselves. I do not like when the Oromo authorities and the opposition in cynch attack Illey or poor Somalis for no benefit to the Oromo, nothing, political, economic or military no benefit what so ever to themselves.

I don't like when Eritrea is in the service of Egypt for no benefit to themselves at all. I am not accusing them for morality or character if you notice. They have proven too lowly for that. I am only blaming them for serving Iran/Houthi against late Abdalla Saleh simply because he stood with Ethiopia and late Abdullahi Yusuf.

If I was to accuse them of morality and character I would accuse them the pain and suffering they brought at the Sudanese people after hosting them up to half a million of them, during their fight against Ethiopia. The Ethiopians who were hosted by Sudan during their fight against Mengistu refused to join IC to stand with Sudan. That is really high moral and character.

I also don't blame the Eritreans for selling themselves to Saudi UAE against the people of Yemen, but atleast in this case they get paid/bought, and sending soldiers to the "Alliance" is an extension of that.

I am convinced this is valid criterion. It is also humaine and practical.

I blame Eritrea of what they did against Djibouti, where they could have competed peacefully business wise. Assab is not far from Bab El Mendeb and could have been useful commercially.

Qatar was their best friend and saved them from an Ethiopian attack on behalf and through Djibouti by deploying peace keepers, not UN but paying herself. Now look what Eritrea has done.

As far as America is concerned Eritrea is safest, since they have someone's base. Its the new turkish future base near this base that angered everyone.

I do not have membership in any organization than a party where I live in the west.

Isayas has waged war against every bordering country even across the sea, except Saudi Arabia.

All under Egyptian and Arab pressure even if it looks contradicting. There definitely is something wrong.

The last country on earth the Eritreans should be enemy is Sudan. Yet the Arab pressure is so strong and Isayas seems very weak to resist it. Any people who are capable of treachery against those who sacrificed so much to help them or save them, are most untrustworthy.