Saalax

Barber Muuse Bixi humiliated in second trip outside Somaliland

cadnaan1   

dowlada thiopia waa munaafiqiin  they issued 2 different statements one with republic of somaliland and another without the republic.

DTrvUbeWAAAD3GY.jpgDTrvUa9W0AEuv7z.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha - That was funny. You made me laugh! 1

Saalax   
1 hour ago, cadnaan1 said:

dowlada thiopia waa munaafiqiin  they issued 2 different statements one with republic of somaliland and another without the republic.

DTrvUbeWAAAD3GY.jpgDTrvUa9W0AEuv7z.jpg

Yh I saw it, they corrected it. Somaliland is a mamuul goboleed after-all. 

Holac   

This is quite clear. Ethiopia is interested in making everyone happy. It wants Berbera and there is little the Somali government can do at this point. Farmaajo is busy in Mogadishu.

Both agreed on a number of Issues, but I don't think are any issues the SFG would object.

No Somali can object to Ethiopia building modernizing a highway

No Somali can object fighting Al Shabab (except those who support Al Shabab

No Somali can object to increasing the number of Somalilanders in Ethiopian universities

No Somali can object to building additional port facilities

This are all things that benefit the Somali regardless wether Somaliland is under Mogadishu or not.

There is an issue Somaliland raised about IGAD, but is not included in the public information. My Guess would be Somaliland wants to work with IGAD, since its working in some ways with all IGAD countries except Somalia (which there is no publicly known co-operation) and Eritrea is in self exclusion on some disagreement with Uganda over the Somalia deployment years ago.

image.png.d5707f07752b15bed8573ade5b2d8030.png

Here is a picture which a friend tried to analyse. As to the president of Somaliland supporting or encouraging its called with his left hand. Its personal preference. Remember Trump did that but Putin didn't and people tried to interpret it.

As to the Ethiopian prime minister bowng that is normal Ethiopian culture for elders, Shieks, priests, you bow when greeting.

Generally its total Ethiopian culture, but in the north is much pronounced and common across the board. Its considered vulgar and disorderly to greet an elder or community leader without bowing the head or uppe body.

1 hour ago, maakhiri1 said:

OO, have you moved your family to safe area, the chicken is finally coming  home to  roost. The end of Tigrey rule is near.

Hello maakhiri1,

I have passed your warning to some friends from Tigray, much appreciated. They told me will be packing soon.

Funny story but true. There is an opposition called Ginbot 7 and now the Amhara are not only abondoning but condemning as well. I get they have never been able to make it from Eritrea to Ethiopia through Sudan. Eritrea does not allow even a mosquito if they can control it to cross across their 1000km border.

About 6 years ago this outfit sold "patriot certificates" for 500USD each. They were going to get rid of Tigray in 6 months. Their military leader was nabbed from Yemen on his way to Eritrea and is now in prison in Ethiopia.

Not this time either, maybe next time. The ones where all hope was banked this time are in retreat. The Oromo version of Shabab will be controlled by the Oromo themselves. Is more danger to them than to anyone else.

I am sure Somalia and Ethiopia will be co-operating since have agreement and Kenya pretty much the Ethiopians can go in themselves if corruption in Kenya becomes obstacle..

And djibouti and Sudan of course is most protective of peace in Ethiopia, since is best and biggest customer. Look how diplomatic he is behind the cameras:

image.png.79cd005031a8a7de6aa45530f86f452d.png

Saalax   
14 minutes ago, Holac said:

Any development projects Somaliland gets from Ethiopia is good for all Somalis. 

What development project. Ethiopia is a broke state which has its own problems currently. The only thing it exports to Somaliland is khat.

Saalax   
1 hour ago, Holac said:

Scholarships for Somaliland students come to mind.

Majority of those students return to Somaliland where there is no jobs.  

^

Saalax, salaam sxb. I wanna know your thoughts on the recent security pact signed between Sudan and Ethiopia vis-à-vis Egypt’s likely non-cooperation with the GERD, and how this could affect the proposed projects in Berbera by the Emirates, who are close allies of the Egyptians.

Is the proposed Emirate military base in Berbera permanently on hold now?

Holac   
2 hours ago, Saalax said:

Majority of those students return to Somaliland where there is no jobs.  

Good point, but human development is still a development. Anyone willing to educate our people (regardless of the job situation), is doing us a favor.  

• Like 1