maakhiri1

Rare Minerals Export from Somaliland

The funny thing is the porters have no clue what they are loadjng into containers and hence the song and Chinese businessmen don't understand the song.

I see big business in folklifts

Holac   

Are they rebelling but at the same time loading the gems?  I thought I heard "Muuse ma oga macdantii waa la dhamasytay". :)

• Like 1

The weight and color these looks to me Cassiterite,(TIN),(one of the most expensive Metals,  which is about 20-30K per tonne), and  from other sources, knew  it is been exported all of SOMALIA.

The issue is  which has been long standing, was Aqoon daro, KUWA XAMAR ka dhoofin were told this will be used in construction,  DHAQAX guryo lagu dhisaayo yaa in taas oo KHARASH geliya! and it is rocks and looks like rocks to someone  who is not trained.

BOOB baa wadanka dhan ka socda

Tallaabo   
15 hours ago, Holac said:

Are they rebelling but at the same time loading the gems?  I thought I heard "Muuse ma oga macdantii waa la dhamasytay". :)

kkkkk hilarious. 

YoniZ   

Guys, give the Xamaali guys some credit. What they did is one step higher than Adcaful iimaan.

- They mocked the top guy as Mooge (Apologies to  

our SOL comrade Mooge) :D 

- Took part documenting the the loot.

This is tragedy,  the top fat guys sell public resources on the cheap, only to fill their pockets. It also happens in Bosaso and Mogadishu in regular bases.

galbeedi   

The Siilaanyo government looted every thing. They signed deals with individual vultures from around the world. These stones are from Simmoodi and Lughaya region of Awdal. The people who leave around these minerals are starving .

The Chinese  could no longer mine illegally due to the opposition of the Somali government and the Chinese state. 

Now they basically go to the mountains and haul these rare elements while paying peanuts. At least these porters know that these are not construction stones.

• Like 1

This is definitely coming from Simmoodi  in Awdal, and looks the old attempt by the federal government  to kick these chinese out didn't work.

http://www.mining.com/somalia-ousts-chinese-firm-over-alleged-illegal-mining-87193/

When Adde Muse (AUN) was in Puntland, without consulting the locals he brought foreign company, to mine a well known area, Majiyahan, which is rich in resources, Locals rose up, and the rest is history, The skirmishes led to SHabab taking advantage and moving to that area, and after so many years, and so many killings,  almost impossible to remove them from that area. Galgala which was  big in farming. and used to supply all Bari region, with fruits and veggies, is destroyed.

These rare earths, stones minerals are most dangerous.

DRC can never recover from the problem. Some companies from America and Europe simply hire mercenaries make some deals with a local and kill some other people.

Remember the cutting hands mercenaries in Cameroon for diamond until the world threatened and Debeers now hides in Israel.

These are products that come with worst consequence than benefit.

• Like 1

Holac   

And you wonder why Galbeedi is very upset with these people. They are literally moving mountains to fill their pockets while average Somalilanders in the very same mountains is starving to death.