Sign in to follow this  
BOB

Serena Williams.

BOB   

SWilliams_Wimbledon_Trophy_2009.jpg

I don't know how many of you watch Tennis but today Serena Williams won her fourth Wimbledon title and 13th grand slam titles over all which put her 6th on the list of all time trophies won by ladies.

I've seen Stefi Graf play and I used to think she was phenomenon and in all fairness she was but I wonder if she would be able to compete against the Willams sisters and still win trophies as much as she did because these sisters define the image of 21st century female athletes and they raised the bar to the heavens and if you aren't 100% fit and sharp both mentally and physically you stand no chance against them because of their power and athleticism and above all their sheer will to win is frightening which seperates them from the rest.

I once heard one commentator say Serena is arguably the greatest tennis player of all time and my god I'm tempted to agree because of all the battles she had to win just to get here never mind compete and win trophis but the hardship she had to endure as a black girl from poverty stricken background just to step onto a tennis court and compete against not only rude and racist opponents but also racist and hostile crowds wherever they competed in.

I don't know how many other girls would've been that tough mentally to compete against so many different opponents at the same time and still remain focused enough to finsih the job at hand.

Today we see so many girls throw in the towel the minute they feel uncomfortable in their designer footwears or slight tightness in their muscles but ask Serena how many physical pain she had to endure to get here and see if she's ever considered to quit.

Congrats Serena...You're a True Champion.

Peace, Love & Unity.

Well done Congrats to her!! Truly born to be champion. Wimbledon men, I felt sorry for Andy Murray yesterday lost all 3 sets, I really wanted him to the final but when you have opponent like Nadal what do you expect. Andy himself knew he was dead man walking and gave it a go.

BOB   

He's another England case even if he's a scot. :D

When he looses the commentator never forgets to remind you that he's from Scotland but when he's winning he'll scream how blighty is proud of him. :D

Peace, Love & Unity.

thats human nature, isn't it? I remember when the danish national team wins games all you hear next morning is "we won, yes we won" and when they lose, you would hear them say "they lost it!" :D the same applies here ....when he loses he is just scot but when he wins he is british! and you see great sense of pride but ppl always dont want to claim/share the defeat with their heroes :D

Truely, one brilliant young lady. With all the temptations of successful life, she could've been easily derailed from the pursuit of being a legend, yet she stuck to it and is delivering. Good example.

What I like even more is that she's giving back. She is funding schools in Kenya. That is good.

N.O.R.F   

Well done Serena. A true Champion. With all those trophies they still don't get the recognition they deserve.

Polanyi   

I think the likes of Federer and Serena should be banned for a year so as to give others an equal chance.

nuune   

The Williams family are sixiroolayaal, it has being said before many times, and their manager, the father practices the dirty thing and often goes to Botswana & Benin to perform congregations connected to overpower anyone who plays against his daughters.

PS: Congrats, well done to them, though I don't watch it

Blessed   

^ :rolleyes: . Here we go again, a black athlete can't be great on their on merit. Their success must be credited to drugs, black magic or some nonesense of her being a man. Uf!

I love it that she's so gracious about her greatness as athlete. Well done, girl!

nuune   

^^ :D xataa waxaa la yiri Cabdi Bile of Somalia practiced it, wax ma ka maqashey arrinkaa, riwaayada la dhigey late 80skii oon tiyaatarka ka daawadey xataa isagaa la soo dhax galiyey magaciisa phrases like "oo ma cabdi bilaa tahay bilaawaha isku laaba(mindida isku majiira(sixir ahaan(isticmaalkiisa)))"

BOB   

I was watching the game not their bodies.

PS. Sheikh <----- this I AM NOT horta Sheekh Shariif Ma Dhalo un baan maqli jiraye ma runbaa? ;)

Peace, Love & Unity.

BOB   

When you're watching football do you watch the players or the game? :eek:

Watching THEM is watching the game...besides I don't find muscular women attractive, if you must know. ;)

Dhibka dhaaf.

Peace, Love & Unity.