Sign in to follow this  
maakhiri1

Hassan Ali Kheyre : Somalia's Prime Minister.

How I wish, boys and girls, that we, members of the diaspora, could create 'check 'n' balance' non profit unit with the sole aim of making sure that our most powerful leaders are accountable to the people and country without bias! We do not have to be in our country, this can be done collaboratively around the world. This would make sure that we don't rely on 'other' people to report malpractice.

With that we could potentially eliminate 'tuhun & warxumo tashiil'.

Let's realize our potential!

Geela ayaa waxaa la yiri, 'aakhiro ayaa awoodiisa la tusiyaa', yeynaan Geel oo kale noqon!

Miyir   

Always follow the money, seems Farmaajo is fatally compromised here. too much red flags the appointed PM CV.

galbeedi   

Dhagax-Tuur, before we judge , we must allow the caravan to travel. The 2015, report of the monitoring group was all targeted one single man: Hassan Khayre. They did not write any thing about cargo of weapons captured in Mogadishu port, the laptop laden with bombs trying to take down Turkish airlines or how Al-shabaab is funded or armed.

There are some young men and women of Somalis in the diaspora who are tough, eloquent and educated and can do more. We already have seen their traces i major centers in north America and when they blossom, everyone must panic, because they will sue Ethiopian Generals, Somali leaders who stashed money in foreign places and fighting Somali causes in the diaspora. Believe me it will be sooner than we think.

Miyir, , By now every Somali is aware that this election involved millions of dollars, and certainly no one is a saint here. IN order to arm wrestle with big boys especially those who are using the public purse , you need some kind of financial help.

I would say that we all hate the game and the way it is played, but we should have some consideration for the players. I heard from some scholars and other commentators talking about the money in the system, yet in retrospective , what we should emphasis is the goal behind the individual who have spent the money.

If you spend money and campaign to do good at the end, it could be the great equalizer. No one inquired or even interested when people heard about the money Hassan Sheikh spent in the 2012 election, in the early stages of his rule , but one he decided to serve foreign interests and the enrichment of his own family , people started to highlight his misdeeds. If he spent the money to do good no one would have talked about it.

If Farmaajo through his business friends or others spent some money to win the election and in return help his country, all those things will be overlooked. Sometimes , you need to enter the sewer to rescue your people.

Further more, political aside , sometimes, we Somalis must choose our own personal interests. We must be selfish for the good of yourself, families and country. We always vote or go against our own interest. Folks, we Somalis must be selfish ones in our life time. We must be selfish and support the safety of ours and fellow Somalis, we must be selfish and help support the government so we can have our own place in the world, we must be selfish and help ourselves.

In this pages we supported Hassan sheikh for almost two and half years. When the bombing quadrupled, parliament was attacked, hotels were bombed weekly, and people were silenced for fear of being killed , we said enough in enough.

So I would wait and see if he serves the people or the special interest.

I have to correct this misconception that the new Prime Minister in Mogadishu funded Farmaajo's campaign. Actually, he was an integral part of Hassan Sheikh's campaign for re-election. His choice seem more an attempt to keep Hassan Sheikh and his influential cronies from playing spoilers to a new administration led by a non-Mogadishu native son. Also, before the Prime Minister's appointment, key regional state leaderships were consulted and asked to support his appointment. South-west State(Baydhabo) leadership was one of the one's that gave strong support to the new prime minister.

However, Farmaajo broke two of the promises he made during his campaign, which were to appoint a PM who was experienced in government and free from even the hint of corruption - both of which the new PM does not meet.

Let's see how this plays out, given that his appointment will force at least 2 of his fellow clansmen to lose their positions due to the 4.5 distribution followed in this process.

By this appointment, Farmaajo has left 2 important wings of the H-confederacy out in the cold.

Meanwhile, Puntland's influence in federal structures continues to decline - as well as its internal stability. It's state security forces just seized its parliament building today in the latest mutiny over unpaid salaries(over 7 months worth of wages).

galbeedi   

Last night I did talk to a local Professor who visited Mogadishu last summer. I asked him if he met or knew the Mr. Khayre the prime minister.

He told me that he was staying the same hotel where Som Oil company offices were located. He said the man is resourceful , hardworking and energetic. He is a man with a lot of connections and when I inquired about resolving some issues, he immediately was on top the matter and resolved quickly.

Waxa uu yidhi waa nin shaqa badan oo aad wax iskugu xidh xidhay mudadii uu wadanka Joogay.

He confirmed my earlier statement that the man is more qualified than most of the previous prime ministers. He said, " he is the only prime minister who have done some work inside Somalia before he was nominated. He also said that he may do some political missteps, but he will not be accused of nor working hard unlike the outgoing prime minister.

All indications are this prime minister is ready and well prepared. Will see

Holac   

That is very good to hear Galbeedi, but I vividly remember what they said about Culusoow when he was elected, that he was the only guy who never left the country during the civil war, that he was hardworking guy who helped the poor, and has built some of the best schools. We all know how that turned out in the end. Most of the story that I am hearing is that he was a big financier of three of the candidates including Farmaajo and that he was maximizing his "chance" to be selected.