7 died and many injured.

Saalax   

Oodweyne This isn't about me. What you should focus on is,

what caused the conflict in the first place (second time) ,

who is behind it? What is their motive? Everyone in Somaliland

knows by now Silanyo and Muuse Bixi are behind it so they can

drive wedge between the communities there (so Muuse Bixi can

get more Kulmiye votes, option B is a attempt to delay the

elections) . Overall it backfired on them.

Saalax   

I am from the area (Sanaag), I have all the sources to back up

my claims. I am also in direct contact with people on the ground,

not everything is black and white. One must be naive to think this

is the usual reer miyiga clashes. Ever wondered why the Silanyo

government removed the troops from the area 1 month ago

even though they knew tensions were high? this is the result

they wanted.

galbeedi   

Ooweyne, our friend Saalax may hate Siilaanyo and company but on this one he is on the spot. They did this in the summer of 2009. In order to put a wedge between Dahir Rayaale and Gabiley Community, Ina Biixi and some Kulmiye members instigated the " Ceel Berdaale" conflict. When they ould not get their way, the put road blocks and masackered the four Awdal travelers. That conflict and the animosity it created helped Kulmiye win 90% of the Gabilry vote.

It is connected to the election . It is the same evil strategy the neoconservatives use in the west be targeting and bad mouthing Muslims.

I don't usually agree with Oodweyne but I don't see how this senseless tribal skirmishes benefit anyone or Siiranyo admin for that matter. It's true 'democracy' in Somaliland is about tribal alliances, more accurately men versed in qabil dynamics manipulating gullible populace (Somalis are not advanced enough to talk about issues and policies), but inciting tribal animosity to score political points seems pointless and counterproductive in the short and long term.

Hopefully, the lessons from early 90s are not forgotten.

Eebe ha kala qaboojo, This is not required, and completely unnecessary, that is why complete disarmament of communities, must be key issue for any government, Xooga tooraya, iyo is budheeyn uun bay ahaan laheeyd, as normal, but every community armed, brings this unnecessary.

Oodweeyne, SL is peaceful compare to rest of Somali regions, but it is not Utopia, perfect, and mistakes are made.

Salaax, I still don;t understand how Silaanyo and current Admin would benefit from this, but I am not up-to to date with current issues, Knew there was a problem looming in Awdal.

Saalax   

Well ask that question to Silanyo. Why did he send his people

to their graves trepassing into a land that doesn't belong to

them? I thought they learned a lesson from Kalshaale.

Odeygii Oodweyne ahaa waxaa ka soo hartay ereyga "maternal cousin"???

Oodweyne, sxb, suunka macawista ku dhuuqso!!!

2016 being an election year, incumbents like Silanyo and Culusow in the north and south of the country will stoop to all sorts of desperate tribal antics and if need be, tribally inspired violence to help them muscle themselves back into office. But only time will tell if it shall workout as planned--so your maternal cousinship nonsense will have to be put on the back burner until after the election.?

Mooge   

If an incompetent president pits peaceful clans against and kill each other, what is Saalax supposed to do? bury it under the rug and say "yeah Somaliland". loool. niyoow we have to call a spade a spade. siilaanyo caused this unnecessary death and the perpetrators got what they deserved. you can't try to steal people's future niyoow and expect nobody will say anything.

saalax is a strong regionalist niyoow and he is building his community from the bottom up. there is nothing wrong with pointing out siilaanyo blunders.

Oodka, sxb, I wouldn't put too much credence to Culusow's desperation. His goose is cooked.

I also mostly agree with everything else you've mentioned; especially the necessity for genuine reconciliation-- started at the grassroots level based on our age old Xeer system --to take place throughout Somalia.

However in the case of our beloved Habros in the north, I think it is too little, too late because I know the Silanyo administration is incapable of championing genuine and honest reconciliation.

You and I both know, in order for the hapless Habros to become reconciled with their fellow Somalis requires the tough decision of abandoning the secessionist pipe dream by the politicians in Hargaysa, which has for 25+ years estranged our beloved Habros from the bosom of Mother Somalia.

That is the key here and we have no choice but to be patient until an astute politician takes the reigns in Hargaysa.

A politician brave enough and wise enough who can muster the necessary tough political will to make the tough choice for our beloved Habros. In the meantime, it will have to be the usual Shimbiryahow heesa -- Hees wanaagsan heesa, I'm afraid.?

*YAWN*

Oodweyne, sir, I literally have no idea wtf you're babbling on about?

.....actually don't bother answering, it'll only be more of the same inane drivel and useless secessionist claptrap that we have become accustomed to on this gallery over the years.

I am sorry but I no longer have the patience nor inclination, whatsoever, for such dull work.

Oodweyne,

First of all, let me set the record straight here... I have no hard feelings toward you nor any other baboon in here who expects me to "debate" the usual nonsense and abject buffoonery of the secessionist contingent of SOL.

For a very long time now, deranged secessionist louts such as yourself have been talking about closing a fictitious border, but of late it seems; sheekadiiba waxay ku soo aruurtay beerjileecnimo iyo sheeko caata ah about "Maternal cousins", but I will have you know that only a Mirqaan-incapacitated oaf would think that the Royal Daraawiish Family would permit the breakup of Somalia.

In any case, don't let me discourage you, Mudane Oodweyne: ?

The administration of the hapless Habros should keep up the good work of attempting to mend bridges with their "Maternal cousins"--though I am also sufficiently circumspect about the sincerity of the Silanyo administration in these efforts--Nonetheless, if his efforts are genuine, it would indeed be laudable for the hapless Habros to seek dialogue and rapprochement with the Daraawiish family because this will only hasten the eventual political return from the cold of our erstwhile Habros in the north of our country to the warm and welcoming embrace of Mother Somalia.

Marka Oodka, sxb, go on ahead...feel free to keep spouting your secessionist hogwash in here. But just don't expect me to encourage or engage with it under some pretext of calling it "debate". And I hope, in turn, you won't hold any grudge nor hard feelings for my taking of such a redoubtable stance in here.

Sincerely yours,

Tillamook (The all conquering hero of SOL and slayer of mooncalf secessionists?)