Sign in to follow this  
galbeedi

Turkish and Arab coalition must stop Putin and Assad, now..

galbeedi   

The Russians are bombing Syrian civilians in Aleppo , one of the oldest cities in the world and the largest Syrian town with millions of residents. Half of the city's population, about 1 million, already left to refugee camps in Turkey and other places to escape the barrel bombing of Assad regime. Now the remaining half is facing cluster bombs from the Russians. What we are witnessing today is the destruction of a whole nation of Syria.

This was one of the oldest nations and communities in the world. Aleppo, Palmyra, and Damascus are United Nation's heritage cities. The countries 20 million inhabitants are bombarded and killed by Assad, Russians, and ISIS. For them , there is no where to run, each is worse than the other. These are three despots with blood in their hands. The question is what can be done to save the remaining population to remain in their home land, and also, to save the European countries, especially Germany , Britten and the northern European countries, who are doing their best to accommodate tens of thousands , from instability and unexpected upheaval?.

Turkey, by far is the nation absorbing over two million Syrian refugees, yet other than accommodate the refugees, I believe they could have done more to overthrow Assad from power. We all know that President Erdogan is having a lot of pressure from the western media and governments from his handling of Kurdish issue, but, if you look back the actions of former Turkish governments and their leaders , they did ten times more intervention than what the current government of AKP is doing. In the nineties, Turkish tanks invaded northern Iraq and even stayed months to destroy the communist group PKK. Their jets were constantly in Iraq air spaces to bomb mountains, and other than few protests from Saddam , no one raised their voice. When they were dealing with the Turkish citizens of Kurdish background, they were even harsher. Kurdish language radio broadcasting were banned, emergency powers were used to supress the south western Turkey were Kurds dominate, and their political participation was almost non existent.

Now, let us compare what Erdogan and AKP done to deal with regional issues from Iran, Assad , Kurds and PKK. For the first time in history of Turkey, a Kurdish centred political party is siting in the parliament as an opposition with more 11% of the popular vote. This government signed a peace and cease fire with the leader of PKK, Abdalla Ocalan for the first time in three decades. Erdogan visited Iran, and even tried to find ways for Iran to mitigated the nuclear issue with the western powers. Rather than always look from the outside in the exclusive European club , the EU, he tried to cultivate close economic relationship with his neighbors and the countries of the region. He did not rush to depose Assad in the early stages when he was showing his true color of being a tyrant.

The reality is the issues facing the Turks, Kurds and the region became more complicated than our eyes can see. The Former Turkish rulers, CHIP or the Republican party did not had the Islamic label thrown to Erdogan. They did as they pleased, and if they were in power today, they would have taken tough measures against Assad and the Russians. They would not have allowed a sectarian war to brew in their borders for five consecutive years. They would not have allowed a second door dictator murder millions of their fellow Muslims , while refugees are boring in to the country. We know President Erdogan have a lot of detractors in the media because of his decade long in power, and his Islamist tendency which honestly are not threat to anyone. He is probably less conservative than many right wing governments of Europe who keep talking about their culture and faith, while putting down people of Muslim culture. The Kurdish issue is a double edged sword, damn if you try to stop their insurgency, and damn , if you just watch them carve the country.

Another phenomenon in the western media , especially here in North America, is the mushrooming of Russian funded news websites. First , you may think some of these sites are antiwar, or anti American intervention around the world, but if you frequent them for a while , as I did, it is easy to notice that they are nothing but front media companies for the Russians and in some aspect Iranians. They night be anti intervention, but the only intervention they are against is American. If Russia goes and bombs different part of the world , they project as a fight against terrorism. They portrait the Ukrainian government and people who want their country to be out of under the yolk of the Russians as Nazi and western puppets who are creating war. In Syria they vehemently opposed when Obama tried to intervene, claiming that removing Assad will help the terrorist, when America tried to help Free Syrian Army, they decry and say America is helping the terrorist. They want the blood bath to continue while on the other hand straitening the hand of the Russians and Iranians. Among those , that I believe who are in the pockets of the Russians are:

Antiwar.com, Veterans today, Sputnik, The American Conservative, and many more conspiracy websites who believe America is the evil while holding the bag from Putin. In the light of these issues, we must all realize, Obama would not do any thing tangible in his last days. He will not do any action that will effect his image or focus the American media to his presidency , that keeps him awake at night. He do not want trouble. He rather host people in the white house enjoy his last days, which brings us: what could others with backbone could do to reverse the situation in Syria?. As I wrote in this pages months ago, the Arab and Turkish coalition should act now or they will for ever be lost to control the outcome of this war. This media talk of Kurds defeating ISIS is a false narrative that tries to keep the Turks from intervening. The Kurds, Armenians and other are 9% of the population. 90% of the Syrians are Arabs. While minorities have rights, Arabs , especially the Sunnis who are 75% of the population should have a say the direction Syria must take after Assad.

This idea of Putin threatening nuclear to get his way is totally crazy. If he really want to risk a nuclear war in the civil war of a country that doesn't share a border with his country or direct threat to his nation, then the world must face this lunatic. He is attacking Ukraine, claiming the right to intervene, yet he is acting surprised when Turkey objects his bombing of Syrian Turkmen in the north. Those who are apologizing for his crimes keep citing the Libyan war or how Russia want to be a player. I am from the school that believe, the Russians were communist despots that failed around the globe when they tried to spread a totalitarian Bolshevism in the last century. Putin and the Russians, do not bring anything useful to the world other than war, despotism, communism and business oligarchy. They must be isolated within their empire.

Today's Russia, regardless of their nuclear weapons is a despotic second rate power with dysfunctional economy that is manipulating the world and taking advantage of weak American leadership. He should be begging to be left alone in his own borders. He took advantage of Bush who was busy with Iraq and Afghanistan and he used the terrorist bandwagon to dominate Russia. They keep telling the Americans that ," Russia want to cooperate with them to fight terrorists and that issue should be the common goal and interest". We believe despots only aggravate these issues and should not be called to assist. The Problem is everyone is using this menace to gain or prolong their power. Americans keep asking Putin to stop targeting the rebels allied with them, with no avail.

Even in East Africa, despots are ridding this wave of fighting terrorism. In Burundi, a despot who served to terms and ten years , says his country needs him as he is the only one who could fight Al-shabaab. Cumar Geelle of Djibouti thinks without him the country will go down and he is accusing the opposition of terrorism. This is the man who ruled Djibouti sine 1998, a generation.

It is about time the regional states face the Russian menace. A 100,000 Arab and Turkish coalition will defeat Assad, the despot. Start with carving no fly Zones and civilian protection zones in the north and face the Russians for real. Putin will loose the hardware he built with a decade of oil boom. His bombers would not match the Saudi F-16 and other American built air force. Folks , it is time to expel the Russian bear from the middle east. The coalition , must target two main twin evils of Assad and ISIS. They must take Al-Raqqa, the capital of ISIS and all northern cities. Then squeeze Assad and his base of Tartus and Latakia. Take the war to his home base which are living under the bubble of false stability, then and only them , they will feel the pain Syrian civilians has endured. Do not be fooled by the cease fire, it is a cover for Assad to consolidate his gain through Russian bombardment. The coalition must act now or never.

xabad   

^ Problem is Turkey doesn't want to fight Assad, but Syrian Kurds.

Your talking from Sunni viewpoint, the Kurds have right to rule their own enclave who damn cares about Arabs being majority, Kurds are not interested in Arab lands.

Why are you so willing to push kurds under the bus ?

Self determination is a right, the fake states created by the colonialists are not holy cows and should be broken up.

How can you deny the role of kurds in pushing back daesh, anyone who does so is a servile turkophile and a liar.

Bashing obama because he doesn't side with you in sectarian war is really childish.

Haatu   

A year ago I complained to a Somali who used to live in Syria about the heritage sites getting destroyed in this war. Do you know what he replied with? "Ninyow maxaa ku daarey? Dhismo waa la dhisi karaa, laakiinse masaakiinta la dilay nolosha ma lagu soo celin karo". Suffice to say I was highly ashamed of myself that day.

Miyir   

Syria like Libya was not perfect before the Wahabi sect invaded and destroyed. I rather have Asad and Iran over Saudi/Qatar supported murderous zealots. don't be fooled by the sectarian propaganda. I remember Syria before the Salafist destruction, welcoming and friendly country to Somali refugees in MiddleEast so what changed suddenly?

xabad   

<cite>
said:</cite>

Syria like Libya was not perfect before the Wahabi sect invaded and destroyed.
I rather have Asad and Iran over Saudi/Qatar supported murderous zealots
. don't be fooled by the sectarian propaganda. I remember Syria before the Salafist destruction, welcoming and friendly country to Somali refugees in MiddleEast so what changed suddenly?

That's not for you, is it ?

Why should Sunnis put up with being sat upon by tiny minority for half a century ?

Miyir   

My take, It was heading that way (peaceful transition) until murderous Salafist supported by Saudi/Qatar money followed by Turkey's cynical pipeline dream started the War, nothing to do Sunnis plight or Democracy, don't tell me Saudi/Qatar are shining a beacon of democracy or defenders of Sunnis interest?

xabad   

<cite>

My take, It was heading that way (peaceful transition) until murderous Salafist supported by Saudi/Qatar money followed by Turkey's cynical pipeline dream started the War, nothing to do Sunnis plight or Democracy, don't tell me Saudi/Qatar are shining a beacon of democracy or defenders of Sunnis interest?

Your not realistic if you think Assad would go peacefully.

On your second point we are in agreement.

The Sunni axis have been shown to be weak, esp Turkey, which has failed miserably to achieve any of its objectives.

xabad   

Erdo-dog is spoiling to enter Syria, the Turkish army is having none of it, they don't want to get bogged down to satisfy this man's ego and ambitions.

Following Ankara blasts, he and Davutoglu immediately blamed YPG, not even PKK their favorite scapegoat, of course no one believed them. They concluded breathtakingly after just one day of investigation that it was Syrian Kurd. They couldn't even put together a convincing lie and pretext. They also claimed their shelling of YPG was in response to cross border fire from the Syrian Kurds, which was not convincing anyone.

Now a new kurdish group, TAK has claimed responsibility, they released the bomber's name, and said it was in retaliation for atrocities in the Kurdish south east.

http://www.todayszaman.com/national_tak-claims-responsibility-for-ankara-bombing_412822.html

galbeedi   

When I say Turkey and Saudi Arabia intervene, it does not mean I am clamoring for war, No, what I mean is the threat of real war should force Putin to rethink twice. He already changed his tactics. Besides, This might be a propaganda piece by A Sunni Muslim , but it is our propaganda, and it is directed against the evil Russians.

Just like communists , they are flooding the internet with thousands of trolls spewing pro Russian propaganda, and you could be one of those useful idiots working for them without knowing.

Xabad, I have no beef with you or those who worship caws. I know you care about caws, Indian untouchables, Kurd and so many other host of things, unless they are Arabs or Muslims. I hope the Kurds find harmony and peace. Since you worry about those minorities, just give little care about the Crimean Tatars annexed illegally by the Russians. This land was a Tartar land for 500 years. Stalin deported 300,000 of them to Siberia in 1941. Many returned in late eighties and early nineties. They are 25% of the people now , and they wish to be free or in Ukraine.

Again I have nothing to debate with you in these issues, you have different value than most of us. I care about Canada and Somalia first, and then those who accommodated the Somalis ,like westerners countries, especially the U>SAA and the Arab Muslims. It is all about culture and citizenship.

I do not have any connection with the Chinese, The Indian, The Brazilian or the South African. It is all about culture, citizenship, and relationship. Finally, I do not have time or space for another Russian troll with Somali name. What is good for the Turks is Good for the Somalis.

Rag baan iska dhicinaynaaye saaxiibow faraha naga qaad. Magaratay.

Miyir   

<cite>

When I say Turkey and Saudi Arabia intervene, it does not mean I am clamoring for war, No, what I mean is the threat of real war should force Putin to rethink twice. He already changed his tactics. Besides, This might be a propaganda piece by A Sunni Muslim , but it is our propaganda, and it is directed against the evil Russians.

Just like communists , they are flooding the internet with thousands of trolls spewing pro Russian propaganda, and you could be one of those useful idiots working for them without knowing.

Xabad, I have no beef with you or those who worship caws. I know you care about caws, Indian untouchables, Kurd and so many other host of things, unless they are Arabs or Muslims. I hope the Kurds find harmony and peace. Since you worry about those minorities, just give little care about the Crimean Tatars annexed illegally by the Russians. This land was a Tartar land for 500 years. Stalin deported 300,000 of them to Siberia in 1941. Many returned in late eighties and early nineties. They are 25% of the people now , and they wish to be free or in Ukraine.

Again I have nothing to debate with you in these issues, you have different value than most of us. I care about Canada and Somalia first, and then those who accommodated the Somalis ,like westerners countries, especially the U>SAA and the Arab Muslims. It is all about culture and citizenship.

I do not have any connection with the Chinese, The Indian, The Brazilian or the South African. It is all about culture, citizenship, and relationship. Finally, I do not have time or space for another Russian troll with Somali name. What is good for the Turks is Good for the Somalis.

couldn't resist pointing out the groveling, pathetic. defend your assertation, when wrong admit it and move on, or present counter argument unless your intention was to mislead the uninformed, being exposed derails your agenda?

xabad   

<cite>

Wow! I thought it was all in good spirit debate, you taking in it so personal.

Miyir   

<cite>

Erdo-dog is spoiling to enter Syria, the Turkish army is having none of it, they don't want to get bogged down to satisfy this man's ego and ambitions.

Following Ankara blasts, he and Davutoglu immediately blamed YPG, not even PKK their favorite scapegoat, of course no one believed them. They concluded breathtakingly after just one day of investigation that it was Syrian Kurd. They couldn't even put together a convincing lie and pretext. They also claimed their shelling of YPG was in response to cross border fire from the Syrian Kurds, which was not convincing anyone.

Now a new kurdish group, TAK has claimed responsibility, they released the bomber's name, and said it was in retaliation for atrocities in the Kurdish south east.

the defender of poor Sunnis lol, Kurds who?

Mooge   

<cite>

Just like communists , they are flooding the internet with thousands of trolls spewing pro Russian propaganda

OMG niyoow I thought I was the only one who noticed the Russian trolls everywhere. lol. they are flooding the internet are all speaking the same fuKing conspiracy bs by the west and Erdogan is this and that. lol. walahi Putin is a master troll niyoow. thanks for pointing this out. i will search if there are any news articles talking about this great deception by Putin trolls.

Turkey is a great country niyoow. i have a friend from london who came back to nairobi 2 years ago who told me about kurds in london. he said the ones he met in london are the worst people when it comes to looking down on people of darker skin. he said they all have low selfesteem and believe that in order to feel good they have to protect aryan whiteness and must not associate with people of darker skin. he used to argue with them that they are not white and they would just get high blood pressure. when he told me that story i was shocked and couldn't believe it walaahi. Kurds will send suicide bomber to blow up civilians in order to die for a kurdish nationalism. not much different from the terrorist ISIS which is dying for another nonsense.