Sign in to follow this  
Saalax

Senile Siilaanyo begs Kuwait for help after Somaliland revenue hits record low

Saalax   

Siilaanyo

Berbera,(Qaran-news)-Madaxwaynaha Jamhuuriyadda Somaliland Axmed Siilaanyo ayaa maanta galinkii hore shir uu magaaladda Berbera kula yeeshay wiil uu dhalay Amiirka Kuwait ku waydiistay kaalmo lacag ah oo lagu kabo miisaaniyadda dawladda Somaliland oo hoos u dhac-wayni ku yimid dakhligeeda, tan iyo intii wasaaradda maaliyadda laga badalay Cabdul-casiis Samaale.

Waabarigii saaka ayaa waxa magaaladda Hargeysa xaga Berbera uga jarmaaday wasiirka duulista iyo hawadda Maxamuud Xaashi oo uu wehelinayo guddoomiyaha Kulmiye Muuse Biixi si uu ula kulmo wiil uu dhalay amiirka Kuwait oo diyaarad khaas ah ku imanayey magaaladda Berbera si uu ugu soo nasto qasriga uu ku leeyahay buurta Sheekh.

Mr Xaashi ayaa wiilka uu amiirku dhalay la-kulankiisa foodsaare uga dhigtay in uu u doonayey si uu ugala hadlo arrimaha madaarka Hargeysa oo dhawaan laga hirgaliyey mashruuc ay Kuwait maalgalisay. Sida ilo xogogaal ah oo ka cudur-daartay in magacooda la sheego ay Haatuf ugu warameen Madaxwayne Siilaanyo iyo wasiirkiisa maaliyadda Samsam Cabdi ayaa waxay amiirka reer Kuwait u sheegeen in dakhliga miisaaniyadu is-dhimay ka dib markii uu qarxay dagaalka Yemen, kaas oo ay ku tilmaameen inuu si xun u saameeyey dakhligii miisaaniyada uga soo xaroon jiray cashuurtii ay dawladu ka qaadi jirtay waaridka badeecadaha iyo dhoofinta xoolaha oo is-dhimay dagaalkaasi daraadii. Inkastoo ay wax ka jiraan saamaynta ay xukuumadu ku dooday in dagaalka Yemeni ku yeeshay hoos u dhaca dakhliga miisaaniyadda dawladda, hadana waxa hay’adaha xukuumadda dhex-dooda ka jira musuqmaasuq baahsan oo isna saamayn ku leh is-dhimista dakhligaasi.

Dhinaca kale waxa la sheegay in madaxwayne Siilaanyo oo socodkii ku adkaaday in galinka danbe ee maanta lagaga qaadi doono magaaladda Berbera diyaaradda amiirka reer Kuwait ee khaaska ah, taas oo u qaadi doonta Hargeysa.

https://qarannews.com/madaxweynaha-somaliland-iyo-wasiirkiisa-maaliyada-oo-wilka-uu-dhalay-amiirka-kuwait-waydiistay/

I dunno why, but I like Siilaanyo, he reminds me of a family member.

Not knowing much about the intricate Waqooyi Somali Siyaasad and what's going on there, but Siilaanyo comes across as a genuine dude.

The guy worked for the old Somali government in the 1960's and is still kicking. LooL I hope to make it to 80 yrs and still involved in politics.

I watched his videos on YouTube and he seems like a cool Awoowe.

Siilaanyo, ii nooloow (literally). :)

Saalax   

The old man made big mistake firing Samaale former finance minister due to

petty political feud. His admin is now paying for their short-sightedness.

^ :D

Is it too presumptuous of me to assume that this Samaale has-been is a close clan relation of yours, señor Saalax?

I personally can't see why the firing of a single individual could lead to such large revenue deficits in Somaliland. Nevermind the article clearly mentionining that deficits have been caused by reduced business taxes due to the conflict in Yemen.

In any case, with such a lousy opposition, Silanyo is the right leader for Somaliland --and may he live long and thrive.

Saalax   

He is from Gabiley while I am from Sanaag very far from each other, he is

related to Xaaji Xunjuf :D not me. I don't support a minister because we

belong to the same community that is petty, I am against the whole Kulmiye

regime. As for the article yes it is true the reduction of the revenue is

due to the war in Yemen but also naming the wrong person for the job > Zamzam

a former failed minister in the education ministry.

^

Thank you for the clarification saaxiib, although it's hard to believe anyone related to the disastrous Xaaji Maalaayacni was a competent minister. :D

galbeedi   

I do not blamae Saalax for mentioning Samaale. The local media only talks about individuals not the system. Some of you may not remember, but from 1981 to 1990, the international debt of Somalia increased to more than two billion dollars.

Inflation grew even farther after 1987. The Dollar exchange went from 36 Shillings per dollar to 148 shillings in the black market.

In Hargeisa, in order to boost the propaganda, they claimed that the budget has more then doubled from $120 million in 2013 to $ 252 million in 2014/15. The biggest increase pf the budget is they printed a $ 100 million paper money and released to the market to increase bribery before the election. The so called opposition can't explain or even talk of the disaster. If you want to spend $ 300 dollar worth of transaction , you need to take with a cart( Caariyoone).

The Wiemar republic in Germany after the first world war, to buy a loaf of bread and few eggs, it took people a bag of containers to carry the money due to extreme inflation. When I visited Hargeisa in 2011, an officer with the finance ministry told me that " haddaan Batrool La helin ama Dhaqaale badan dibeda ka iman meeshan waa lagu kala yaaci". The Economy based on import and resale, combined with fiat money and the looting of the purse , expect a total collapse of the economy.

YoniZ   

I don't think there was a functioning economy to start with.

The biggest mistake this new finance minister will do is, if the planned shilling only transactions enforced. There is no central bank with reserves, that can prop up the shilling when the pressure comes from the dollar.

They can only print more shillings, which will increase the inflation and force the public to abandon it in favour of the USD.

If you don't have the capacity to stabilize the local currency, the wise action to do is let market function as it is or the finance ministry will end up chasing ghosts, That is the case in the third world economies.

Illyria   

That is what happens when there is no viable economic blueprint, feasible revenue generating strategy other than seeking foreign donations, meagre resources, no tax systems or public finance institutions to speak of coupled with hyperbolised projected annual budget of 180 million when actual revenues are well below 30 million. This is the case for all Somali pseudo polities including the federal admin in Xamar. A slight improvement than the yesteryears in some aspects, but bleak, unsustainable and precarious.