Sign in to follow this  
Saalax

War Criminal Siilaanyo creates further friction, Awdal threatens to break away

ElPunto   

Burahadeer - resorting to threats and we will wipe you out? Shows that Somalis really haven't advanced much since Siad Barre.

Galbeedi - if what you say is true - why are people so passive against all these injustices? Why haven't taken to demonstrations day and night to protest these actions? If need be - why don't they shoot up the customs places? I don't know why Somalis act like caags when faced with crap like this. Each citizen is part and parcel of the government - who will act to stop injustice if citizens are not organized and active against it. Che's point is valid too - it's not Durriyada vs Reer Awdal thing - it's elites using qabiil to achieve their aims and running roughshod over those they are numerically superior to.

I don't mean a threat but telling the truth on how people will react to on what they see as ungratefulness,hateful smear campaign and uncalled for lies on top of that.

and believe me some deserve to be met in your face .

somalee   

<cite>
said:</cite>

Of course. One of the reasons many Somalilanders fought Siad Bare was because of

some of those injustices.

And what were the contributions of this particular community with regards to the fighting of the injustices of Siad Barre? Do you know what side of the fight they were on? And what their suldaans used to say those days?

Tallaabo   

<cite>
said:</cite>

And what were the contributions of this particular community with regards to the fighting of the injustices of Siad Barre? Do you know what side of the fight they were on? And what their suldaans used to say those days?

It does not matter what side they were on during our fight against Siyaad Barre or what their sultans used to say about us 23 years ago. What matters now is that every community in Somaliland is treated fairly and the national resources shared equally among them. If what Galbeedi said about the situation in Awdal is true then I will be the fist man to support their fight against mistreatment by others. And if they can't get justice peacefully they should break away from Somaliland and bring it down, I would hate to see a re-incarnation of the oppressive, corrupt, and divisive kacaan 23 years later in another form and with a different name.

Saalax   

Finally we hear from a Awdalian himself, thanks for the insight Galbeedi.

Che injustices do exist in other regions as well but it is not as severe as

Awdal, since Siilaanyo knows other communities are not as peaceful and law

abiding as Awdal people, they will easily pick up the guns and revolt, so he

avoids them.

Tallaabo   

Mr Oodwayne even if Kulmiye is voted out next year, the alternative governments which would take its place will be just as useless, clanish, and corrupt as the one we have now. I really have very little faith in any of our politicians. May Allah help us.

^

Ameen saaxiib.

May Silanyo's tenure end peacefully and may better leadership for the people of Somaliland take the reigns.

Now that I have gotten all the niceties of etiquette out of the way... brace yourselves my dear hapless Habros of SOL--for Silaanyo's removal will cost the people of Somaliland a very costly price.

Galbeedi, brother I don't doubt anything you said and I have no reason to. I don't also believe one should tolerate injustice in order just to keep the peace. I was only saying it's a particular elite that might be abusing power, not your average geeljire in the Togdheer countryside. The average geeljire only expresses empty pride that his kinsmen is in power but hardly reaps any benefit.

The Siyad regime imposed economic embargo on northerners and northeasterners; that failed and only made people more determined. Siilaanyo's efforts will fail as well but it's important how the message is framed (I understand we Somalis are not good at that),it should not be A vs B.

Saalax. I guess Siilaanyo knows fellow habros have their arms stashed away.

lol@Oodweyne, you know something is wrong when Oodweyne is so blunt.

ElPunto   

^Things are bad indeed if Oodweyne is speaking like that. Ultimately - you need serious reform not just in Somaliland but in all of Somalia. How does a minister hire his clansmen in a ministry - civil servants should be hired and fired by an independent non-partisan organization. How does a minister or the President unilaterally raise taxes wily-nily by decree? Is there are a parliament - isn't that a new statute that has to go through procedure? It still seems that real institutions with power have not been established even in Somaliland which has the longest time to develop working political structures.

^It's hard to change a culture. Citizens expect and accepted this.

If there's any silver lining here, it's the hope Somalis realize all their leaders whether elected or selected are rotten to the core but that's being too optimistic.