Sign in to follow this  
thefuturenow

Mooshin Against PM

TheFutureNow, you have a point that the Leader is often a reflection of the people. But sometimes when you have a society like Somalia, which has some deep deep problems, it becomes mandatory that we have a Leader that rises above the pettiness and small-mindedness that characterizes much of that society.

You need a reformer saaxib. We need an actual Leader, not some tribal politician who gets into petty fights over minor issues, while the country itself is burning. And the Leader doesn't even have to be perfect. The leaders of Rwanda, or Turkey, or Malaysia fit this description. They've made obvious mistakes while being President, but they are exactly what their country needed and I'll lay off the criticism of them.

I'm not an idealist saaxib, but I do have standards when it comes to what a President should/shouldn't do.

When a man approaches you and wants to marry your daughter, you have a checklist of what kind of man you want him to be, am I correct? You want a man who has a steady career, doesn't get involved in drugs or crime, has a decent character, and who prays 5 times a day. Am I right? He doesn't have to be perfect, but he has to be good enough. In other words, you have standards.

So why don't we have standards for our Presidents? Why do we accept complete losers to lead a country of 10 million people? It's madness saaxib.

P.S. And from what I understand....in the Somali Constitution, the affairs of the government are ran by the Prime Minister, who has most of the control and performs most of the executive functions. After the President appoints him, he stands aside while the Prime Minister does most of the actual work of governing. If any sincere man was in Qoslaaye's shoes, he would permit Yuulka to perform this job while Qoslaaye focuses on uniting the country, traveling from village to village and trying to build up support for the Federal Government in Mogadishu. He should use his energies to reform and create a professional Army and Police Force in Somalia. He should be focused on increasing the power of the Somali Government, so that it controls all of the country. He should be focused on creating legitimacy. If he knows that he has a limited time-period where he can be President, he should use his energies to where it's most needed...and ignore the petty squabbles which characterize most Somali Governments. Qoslaaye got into a similar fight with his previous Prime Minister Saacad, and now he's playing the same games with Baldy. Even if Qoslaaye was financially corrupt and stole money, I would ignore it as long as he actually stabilized the country and created a Professional Somali Military.

I don't expect him to be perfect, but I expect him to be good enough. And saaxib, he ISN'T good enough

If you're not an idealist, then you must be a life counselor because you love the word "should, should, should."

Akh, politics is the world of CAN. Every man enters it with a checklist of things he "should" do and things he "wants" to do. But, if you have lived life to adulthood, you know that what you "should" and "want" to do quickly take a back seat to what can be done.

And all those things that you're saying the president should have done. They don't need a president to solve. Those problems are waiting for YOU and I i.e. the Somali people.

A reformer is nothing more than a politician with good luck and a lot of friends to write nice things about him after his death. True reformation is internal and for each individual.

But, if you mean government reform, then there is nothing to reform. We just got started trying to become a modern State. Our problem is the people. And it will take time before they can start trusting each other again.

P.S. The somali constitution is incomplete and unclear. It says the PM must consult with President. That consultation may mean many different things. It may mean that he needs to inform the president or seek his approval. That is a major difference. And in the absence of institutions to settle this dispute, this political struggle is the alternative.

In other words, he who wins gains those powers that are being fought over right now PERMANENTLY. Think about it. If the PM is ousted for re-shuffling the president's men, it will never be attempted again by another PM if the Somali state lives on.

This is not a futile fight my brother. This is for (most) of the marbles.

Mr. Future,

Regardless of who you support in this latest Somali political tussle, your analysis is far more clear-sighted than many on this Board who are unable to separate their 'wishes' from 'the reality'.

You predicted that Hassan Sheikh would put the Parliamentary motion into play and be able to muster the votes to unseat his PM. Many on this Board said that would be an impossibility this time for the FG President since the Western donors expressed discomfort with that route.

We'll see in the next few days which prediction is proven accurate.

Mintid,

I support both men. But, even more, I support the bad decisions that got them to this point. I believe this type of political tussle is necessary. I think it's for the better of the nation if these disputes are settled early and have a decisive winner.

Even the fist-fighting and chair-throwing going on today in the parliament is progress. Because it will have to be dealt with or it will disintegrate the new State.

But more than anything---Men are boys with more toys. You gotta let them get it out of their system :)

galbeedi   

it is a bad system of government. co-habitation of president and prime minister without political patties holding the balance of power is a constant squabble. Expect to happen every single year.

If the motion goes to the parliament, the only good that comes of this is the President stood up against foreign pressure. if you look back, the Somali leaders disputed with petty issues. prolonged and exhaustive reconciliations by Somalis and others produced no results. finally , the united Nations or someone else flew from Nairobi and all of sudden the issue was resolved.

This president is playing hard ball. He rejected the foreign meddling of Somalia. he argued that these issues are solved by Somalis not outsiders. It seems he got a backbone to say no from those who pay the bill. I was one of those who thought Nicholas Kay as the President behind the curtain , but Qoslaaye proved us wrong. If he holds his ground, that is going to be a new beginning.

I don't think this is a new beginning. It is a total waste of valuable time that Somali people don't have.

Strength is not proven by beating your adversaries to the ground. Sometimes you have to play the long term game.

A bigger man, in this case, mr P, actually surrounds himself with people who have different opinions and ideas then him. There's strength in adversity. That is reportedly what great leaders do.

Instead, our President's energies are consumed by petty stuff.

Grow up.

PM yuulka entertaining The IC and warlords - spoilers in the Parliament will not stop the Gov progress or the Motion .....

president xasan sheekh has reformed the south in all aspect justice system good governance etc - -

while things are going very well for the Gov in critical time some much achieved , The Prime minister decided to cause trouble removing minister who are moving the Government Forward not consolidating with President taking Unilateral action variety of issue?

Prime Minister Yuulka has failed he needs to step down he failed his Promises to work with President respect vision the 2016 Six Pillar strategy that highlights stability and economic recovery .......

^ you keep using consolidating but I think you mean consulting.

The real question though is what's so important about this Farah guy that the president is willing to put everything on the line with so little time and so much to do. Or can he really be that petty that he would put a ministers position above the interest of the nation? One thing I know, these mps should be really lucked up or sent to one of those retraining camps.

Bunch of delusional people. Somalia is progressing because a thief and an incompetent man who already gave up on the country from day one are fighting. While malister a proponent who supports the rape of mugdisho women by AU forces claim that the government is making progress. The irony. Acudubilah. 23 years and counting. Still at step one. Not the first and not the last.

Let the delusion continue.

<cite>
said:</cite>

Bunch of delusional people. Somalia is progressing because a thief and an incompetent man who already gave up on the country from day one are fighting. While malister a proponent who supports the rape of mugdisho women by AU forces claim that the government is making progress. The irony. Acudubilah. 23 years and counting. Still at step one. Not the first and not the last.

Let the delusion continue.

Hey, you forgot to tell us how the Islamic Republic of Somaliland can help the heathens of Somalia.

A tribalist system of governance on paper and actuality. A foreign dependence on mercaneries to maintain existence and control. Money from international community to pay the wages of so called mps and executive and militias even though they are let down consecutively. The people of Somalia getting raped. Killed. Occupied etc.

But nothing from these so called nationalist. When more tribal tit for tat happens look at them nonstop discussions.

Fake nationalist.

<cite>
said:</cite>

The people of Somalia getting raped. Killed. Occupied etc.

This just makes you so happy, right? You love this, don't you? It's good to remind people how those heathens of Somalia are raped at gun-point, right? The people of Somalia deserve to get raped and killed, right?

It tickles you, right? It makes you drop a load in your thigh-high shorts, right? You would like it if they all died, right? But you would like it even more if they got occupied and raped every day, right? IT'S JUST SO MUCH FUN TO WATCH THEM SUFFER, RIGHT?

We get it. Fuck off.

I'm the only one on this entire forum who has ever critised the occupation of somalia. I regularly argue against the reliance of occupation forces. I am the only one here who is appalled by the rape and occupation of somali soil. I laugh not at the People. But you stupid so called nationalist. Who in actuality don't give a dam about your own people, honour, territory or anything. You care more about the tribal tit for tat then your own people. Yet you call yourselves nationalist. I despise you fake peices of £:):. Show me one post you so called nationalist have made critiquing the occupation or the rape of women or the fallacy of a government. You can't.

These are monkies you support doing a monkey dance. In mugdisho outside the door is a Burundian soldier. While the so called president steals what he can and promotes his tribal agenda. While your bandits go around stealing from locals and setting up checkpoints. Kenya in the south, Ethiopia in west and Burundi and Uganda in mugdisho. Not one peep from you so called nationalists.

To call them monkeys is an insult to monkeys at least monkeys have an objective.