Sign in to follow this  
Dhagax-Tuur

Outlook (BBC world service)

I was listening to the World service of the BBC, as I normally do. This Outlook programme comes on, and Ali 'America' (Somali Ambassador in Kenya) comes on talking about the murder of his daughter back in 1992 in Mogadishu.

That ain't the reason why he was on the programme, plenty of us have had misery of the worst kind over the years. He was there to talk about how he was approached by the one of the killers of his daughter whilst on government biz in Mogadishu and asked for forgiveness, after confessing to the murder. He claims to have forgiven him there and then.

Programme is on BBC world service website.

Dhagaxtuur, wararka Soomaalida waaka dambeysaa see camal. Warkaaga gaaridameer soo saarnaa filaa.

Cali Ameerika bartiisa Facebook ayuu soo giliye warkaan bil kahor asagoo Xamar joogo. Markaas ayaa Beenbeensii Soomaali ka wareysatay dhacdadaas. Toddobaadkii hore kanaalka KTN ee Kiinya laga leeyahay wareystay. I guess it is where this BBC program got it from. Waa dhacdo xanuun badan.

I met him twice, in Toronto in 2009 and in Nayroobi in 2011 at Kowda Luulyo party he organized at old safaaradda Soomaaliya that was then recently reacquired by dowladda, specially as a result of his tireless endeavours. It was unforgetful night, the biggest Soomaali celebration ever in Nayroobi, thousands of Soomaalida iskugu yimid. Axmed Naaji iyo marxuumad Saado Cali, Eebba ha u raxmadee, were there, among others. Waa nin u qalma danjirnimo.

Mooge   

cali americo is my good friend niyoow. great man. when he first told me this personally i was sad for him. shaqo fican buhaya wadankeena ninkas.