Sign in to follow this  
CidanSultan

Somaliland President " If Somalia threatens us we have the capability to strike"

Remember, CidanSultan and Xaaji Xunjuf BOTH said on this forum, that the South suffers from "Mafia Mentality", which is something they learned from the corrupt Italians.

Since it's a cultural problem, and culture can easily be changed, then do you both propose that Somaliland take a leading role in reforming the South by training politicians, training teachers and trying to change the "Mafia Mentality" of the people down South, as you claim? Such a thing would be extremely easy and cheap.

Japan once had a different culture as well, but they transformed their entire culture in 1870 during the Meiji Revolution, and now Japan is virtually unrecognizable. They changed their culture and now they're the 3rd richest nation in the world.

The best way to teach someone, is to show them a better example. If Somaliland has a successful State Model based on superior practices, then naturally Somalis who live in Jigjiga, Garowe, Mogadishu, Djibouti and Garissa would try to emulate them.

Doctor Kennedy if Somalia becomes peaceful should we normalise relations is your question.

Somalia has been unstable now for 23 years. I don't really share your optisim that Somalia will fix up anytime soon.

Although you assume Somalis in somalia would work together all I see is enemies sharing a country pretending to care about a state that is dead.

Let's be honost, pirates can't stand hag and hag can't stand pirates, kismayo and bay and bakool, wars in shebellede hose.

These people are clearly not interested and mature enough for a nation state therefore instead of wasting more time the world should bring it under in trusteeship.

Should somaliland and Somalia normalise relations. What does somaliland gain from normalising relations considering the history and the failure of Somalia to honour its agreement regarding recognition.

Somalia is not a viable military ally. A military alliance with Somalia is no real advantage. Economic cooperation with Somalia is no real advantage their Ethier considering the market is limited.

There is no love for Kenya and Ethiopia or Djibouti however there is more to gain economically from Ethiopia and Kenya then Somalia and any overt extra cooperation could be unfavorable in developing somaliland specific interests.

Self sufficiency, individual economic and military objectives and individual interest driven policies is the only way forward.

No real advantage of cooperating with hag and pirates who will undoubtedly in the end focus on their own interest as they do now and will continue to do.

No real advantage to cooperating with the South because they're looking out for their own interests?

Doesn't every country look out for their own interests? I can't believe you actually said such a thing.

The Kenyans and Ethiopians would be just as quick to stab you in the back, and you share nothing in common with them. Not even a language. Yet you're willing to cooperate with them, even though the Somalis of the South are much more economically viable than the Kenyans and Ethiopians. If Somalia never had the Civil War, their per capita GDP and standard of living would be MUCH HIGHER than Kenya or Ethiopia.

So again I ask you. If Somalia became peaceful and I'm very optimistic that it will in the near future.....would you support normalizing relations the same way relations between Germany and France are normalized

France and Germany are civilised states who wage war for self interests and regional hegemony as is the case with every region on earth. The French under Neopalian tried. Germany under Prussia tried, France in the First World War tried and hitler just repayed it in kind.

The end of nazi Germany and the occupation of Germany and the humiliating defeat and treaty of Versailles and subjegation of France of Rhineland Germans in the First World War gave birth to the nazi party.

And knowing the French much like our own friends can not fight and Germany turned France into a colony of Germany in the Second World War after this sense magically appeared to the French after the fall of nazi Germany.

Even though you may not realise it this was the best thing to happen to France. It destroyed any pride they had therefore actively seeking peace and bringing an end to the tit for tat between France and Germany.

Even though it's like comparing a poodle with a German shepherd

So it sounds like you do agree with Xaaji and the vast majority of Reer Waqooyi people. You might be posturing online but deep down, of course you'd like to normalize relations and reform the relationship you have with Southern Somalia. Maybe not right now. But perhaps in a decade or so.

Somalis have a long history, and a brief 31 year period between 1960-1991 isn't going to affect the long-term objectives of any independent Somaliland or Somalia.

You can have your own personal objections all you want saaxib, but when it comes to Government policy, you gotta be realistic.

Tallaabo   

I failed to see the threats president Siilaanyo sees comings from Somalia. The government should stop making these ridiculous statements and concentrated on sorting out the political and economic mess in Somaliland. Creating jobs and reforming the political institutions of the country is what Siilaanyo was elected for, not unnecessarily beating the war drums.

I don't need any lessons on life and success from atheistic morally curropt people whose own societies are in decay and ruin because of their so called enlightened culture.

The reality is you base your entire basis on what if, hope, things will get better etc.

In other words idealism.

There is national interest and there is clan interest. Somalis in Somalia understand clan interests that clash and destroy the overall national interest.

That was the comparison I was making.

Also I don't share your idealism I don't believe somalias problems will be solved anytime soon. It's already been 23 years and still at stage one if you can even call it that.

Somaliland on the other hand as is obvious if you look at it inparashly from the first conference in burco to borama to the present day somaliland has a national objective.

A man from las canod or borama has all the rights as anyone else, can live and work anywhere they want in peace in the country.

The foundation of the state had objectives in bringing in the northern people's after wasted 40 years of union and see what we could achieve for ourselves and end the union.

Cidansultan god you are a broken record. We all know where you stand. Give us some new content. Spice up your act. As much as you try to disassociate from Somalis from the "south", *do know your choice of diction does not go unnoticed-"we may speak a similar language-*, you voluntarily choose to be part of a cyber community with Somalis from the "south". That is all bud. Continue. i hope to see new material.