Sign in to follow this  
Xaaji Xunjuf

Somaliland army takes more territory in eastern and southern Sool region

Arigtida Somaliland waan ku sheegey ka siyaasi ahan ka dhaqan ahaan iyo ka hadaf iyo shacab ahaan. Carabta wax ba u shaqeyaa , reer SL na wax ba u shaqeyaa. Aqoosniga wuxu kaliya kala mqanyahay runti wa currencyiga SL oo aan lahayn aqoonsi inta kale aqoonsi wax weyn oo kale kala maqna hadanu dollar isticmaalno wa u fiicnan lahayd.

Somaliland: National Army Takes Positions 28 Kms from Garowe

Sunday, 16 February 2014 01:30

Submit to Delicious Submit to Digg Submit to Facebook Submit to Google Bookmarks Submit to Stumbleupon Submit to Technorati Submit to Twitter Submit to LinkedIn

on Surface and in the air capabilities to strike Garowe at willon Surface and in the air capabilities to strike Garowe at will

By: Yusuf M Hasan

LAS ANOD (Somalilandsun) –the Somaliland National Army has placed troops with sufficient firepower to Strike Garowe the capital of the Somalia administrative region of Puntland.

Before proceeding to its current position 28kms of Garowe the army first took over complete control of several locations namely Kalabyadh, Karin Dabayl, and Darkeyn Geenyo among others in the wider Sool region (Including Buhodle and Ain).

The advance to new positions ands more specifgically closer to striking distance of Garowe town comes after never ending verbosity emanating from the Puntland government and more specifically president Abdiweli Gaas as pertains to annexing parts of Somaliland's eastern regions.

The Puntland bluff of attacking and annexing Somaliland territories and subsequent dispatch of two battalion's one commando and the other artillery to the frontline comes in the heels of recent warnings issued by Somaliland health minister Dr Suleiman Hagaltosie and opposition party UCID chairman Eng Feisal Ali Warabe.

Somaliland Commandoes promise to drink tea in Garowe 2 hours after incursion attempts by PuntlandSomaliland Commandoes promise to drink tea in Garowe 2 hours after incursion attempts by Puntland

According to reports from Taleeh the purported beachhead of the mystical Khatumo state presumably to be hived off Somaliland jurisdictional territory with the support of Mogadishu and Garowe Government's Khatumoists militias made a fast retreat to Puntland upon advance by the two heavily and war ready Somaliland army battalions.

This move not only gives the government of Somaliland the strategic defensive advantage against any planned incursions by Khatumoist tribal militias and Puntland forces but also acts as deterrence towards the much touted visit to Buhodle by Puntland vice president Abdikarim Abdilahi Amay.

Though having the national army establish its land based beachhead within striking distance of Puntland has been the want of somalilanders they also hope that this move will bring sense to the regional authorities in Garowe thus avert a war which if it comes to somalilanders it shall be preservation of their avowed sovereignty which though is two decades without international recognition is not only irrevocable but one that all are in acquiescence as per preservation at all costs.

Related Items

Miyir   

<cite>
said:</cite>

Miyir the head of the opposition and the speaker of parliament cannot be the same person

and to think you have border problem when the most important part of government is run by opposition leader instead of neutral speaker regardless of his or her party affiliation.

how ever the SL guurti allowed it to happen

so legislation is done by drive by under big tree by elders? much worse then i expected

for the time being its not about unseating him u have missunderstood the whole dispute the speaker of parliament honorable Ciiro

what was all about then?

approved two new laws about removing the powers of his 2 deputies who happen to be from the Kulmiye party which indicates that only 42 members of parliament can remove the 2 deputies as happened this law was initiated by the speaker mr ciiro. The 2 deputies and the vast majority of the Kulmiye mps say now oke fair enough we lost our status by the 42 agreement the speaker can lose his seat to by the same agreement

more drive by legislation! now Kulmiya wants revenge and his head?

. Now the speaker is against it and wants to reverse and re instate the two former deputies. But now the 2 deputies disagree and the guurti of SL is mediating thats about it.

Don't you think very important change that effects the way the parliament operates will be better be put a referendum so people can decide how they want to be governed?

You wanted us to believe you have minor border problem? the whole structure is built on quick sand that will crumble if not corrected quickly, no wonder Landers leaders know how to distract the gullible lander messes.

Miyr the Somaliland parliament is outdated SL should have hold parliamentary elections in 2013,they have been there since 2005 and udub members are no longer a working party and are just sitting there since no udub party exist any more. The parliament is not an issue its just the speaker passed new laws and he regrets it thats all there is no real problem there u will see it will all fade away in the next coming days. Are you saying the Puntland vp Visiting or trying to visit buhoodle is not a real issue and parliamentary quarrels are much more important that sovereignty national integrity and national security come on son u know Somalilanders better than that. No one is distracting any one the SL media is full of the parliament dispute.

What I learned from this thread:

1. Khatumo is weak divided and is on its last throes.

2. Somaliland politics is as much a mess as Somalia's politics.

3. Few soldiers crossing a desert without opposition is a major victory.

4. I love reading somalilnadsun, what a fun news outlet.

When will Hawd be liberated from Xabashi occupation horta? I mean Hawd was part of "British"-colonized Waqooyi Galbeed until 1954. They were forcibly given to Xabashada, not in a referendum. So Hawdka 'xadka lasoo xiraayo' kama mid aha miyaa?

Oh, I forgot Soomaali iyaga lee isku booteen karo, iyaga lee isku maqan, when the real 'master' occupying a whole Soomaali junk meesha joogo la iska indhatiro

Hawdian   

^ The Haud and reserve area was giving to the Ethiopian king by the British Empire , the people of Somaliland tried many ways to get the lost land back such as direct petition to the British empire office in London the British parliament and so on , this lost of land also was the reason among the Somalilanders to unite with the italian colonized Somaliya , to unite and defend the dignity of the somali people in the horn. Little did we Northernes know that the Southerners do not care for fellow country man , a good example is the region you come from Baidoa 1991 and what happened there. The Somaliland of today is due to history a very in looking peaceful and pacifist country which is a result of historic genocide by The Somali republic Criminal Siyad Barre 100, 000+ Civilians killed and total annihilation of key cities such as the Capital. So where do we stand today well Somaliland borders are the ones from 1960 as the direct successor of the BritishSomaliland Protectorate and also nether Ethiopia nor Eritrea or Djibouti make claims on Somaliland territory let us also hope that somalia people will learn to respect international borders not making claims on bordertowns and Villages in a different Country Republic of Somaliland because their uncle or grandad lived there once that is not what international borders are based on. Lastly Ethiopian troops are in your Somalia now in Bay,Bakool,in Hiraan and many other regions with consent of your political elite so maybe you should work to get them out instead of asking about Hawd and Reserve area and what happend 60 years agao.

gooni   

Hawd

There is no such word lost land, land never lost, it is not a gift toy, we now where is our land located

Miskiin

the problem this kids unfortunately snm brain washed and put them double face sticker in their brain is very hard indeed

what is snm fought no one knows until sayad barre fall, they was not saying any think at that time freedom fighter independent fighters regime, what so ever they fought just like others do ssdf snm usc spm no target at all.

xaaji

why you force me to write poor English you don’t answer all my question

are you honestly want to die snm border?

Misskiin,,When Somaliland is recognized and part of the recognized world nations Somaliland will advocate for the interest of Hawdian people after all they are ethnic Somalilanders.We will connect Hawd and Hawassa under one nation. Than it can be the sister nation of Somaliland.

Gooni i dont understand ur question what are you implying SNM fought for a confederate Somali state and to oust siyad bare and 2 have a north south power sharing solution based on the 2 states that joined in 1960 when the country was liberated in 1991 and siyad bare was ousted the people of Somaliland were fed up with the south and wanted out right separation from Somalia and SNM blessed their aspirations since the SNM was a home grown organization entity created by the people. And so Somaliland was declared.

gooni   

The past is an history

We all die for sure and we have to die good reason, I don’t see to make bravery music between burco las anod border the present time at least we have to wait and see what British says about recognation

These are the facts:

1. Somaliland, Djibouti, Somalia were all independent countries and all gained independence from a colonial authority etheir as a protectorate like Somaliland or a direct Colony such as Somalia and Djibouti.

2. All three states are based on the Anglo/Italian treates. Anglo Ethiopian treaties or the Anglo French treaties. Somalis accept Djibouti based on these borders, they accept Somalia on these borders and accept Kenya and Ethiopia on these borders.

The above bring about the logical answer to the question alot of people hide from. Are Somalilands borders real...the answer is if Djibouti and Somalias borders are real then Somalilands borders are real. This border is 10-15 miles from bosaso and 5 kilm from Garowe.

Everything in between is the dominion of Somaliland.

As for these Southerners. I see it as a personal insult to debade with people whose women get raped on the side roads of mugidhso by third world african states. A people who can not police themselves. A people who dedicate more time to Somaliland then if their own children can eat and live in peace. A people who after 22 years remain the only people on earth subjegated and without a country. If Recognition is so great what has it done for Somalia other then give your top politicians money in the gize of aid and assistance.

As for the defeated lot...If you recognise the borders of Djibouti, Somalia, Kenya and every other african country then Somalilands borders are real. what makes them further real is the tanks, soldiers and weaponry in your villages holding the Somaliland flag.

this is a battle to the end... The Somali mental paradigm does not and refuses to acknowledge reason... because reason states Somalilands case.

If you reject reason then...to ensure the future of our people, nation and children we will go as far as Garowe and do whatever it takes to keep you living under our boots.

Pure and simple.

Recognition..the worl can keep its recognition. Give me oil, give me minerals. Give me schools, give me a nation, give me an army, give me cities and keep your recognition Somalia is recognised and its the laughing stock of human civilised nature. Djibouti is recognised and even though Somaliland came out of war with nothing and they have been force fed by the French Somaliland has surpased it in every way and soon the port as well.

recognition. hahahaha...We have passed much of africa that is already recognised.

Who need recognition when you have a country...the world needs me.

<cite>
said:</cite>

Recognition..the worl can keep its recognition. Give me oil, give me minerals. Give me schools, give me a nation, give me an army, give me cities and keep your recognition Somalia is recognised and its the laughing stock of human civilised nature. Djibouti is recognised and even though Somaliland came out of war with nothing and they have been force fed by the French Somaliland has surpased it in every way and soon the port as well.

recognition. hahahaha...We have passed much of africa that is already recognised.

Who need recognition when you have a country...the world needs me.

The world needs me :D :D

Your youth are dying in the mediterranean sea escaping the miserable life in Hargeisa. So how does the world needs you when your own people are escaping that hell hole?