Sign in to follow this  
Xaaji Xunjuf

SOMALIA AND SOMALILAND HAVE TO DETERMINE THEIR FUTURE RELATIONSHIP: UK GOVERNMEN

SOMALIA AND SOMALILAND HAVE TO DETERMINE THEIR FUTURE RELATIONSHIP: UK GOVERNMENT

February 9, 2014 - Written by Ali jaamac

London- The House of Lords in a question and answer session about DFID and Somaliland and Somalia future relations and recent dialogue, Lord Chidgey asked Senior Minister of State, Department for Communities and Local Government & Foreign and Commonwealth Office , Baroness Warsi about Her Majesty’s Government what is their assessment of the extent to which the Somaliland Development Fund has been successful in assisting donors to support Somaliland’s own National Development Plan in their aim of enhancing governmental structures and the rule of law and assisting security forces and the police to maintain stability and enhance human security?

Baroness answered, “The Somaliland Development Fund is a multi-donor fund supported by Denmark, Norway and the UK. It is targeted on specific sectors within the Somaliland National Development Plan, namely: water, livestock, roads and the environment. These were agreed through a prioritization process between the National Planning Commission and donors. This process has helped to strengthen the role and performance of the National Planning Commission itself. It has also opened opportunities for broader donor support to the Somaliland government, for example on public financial management reform and public sector management strengthening.”

DFID

Lord Chidgey asked her what steps they are taking to assist Somaliland to meet the Millennium Development Goals to eliminate extreme poverty and hunger, and reduce infant mortality in its region?

Baroness answered: In health, between 2011 and September 2013, DFID achieved the following results in reducing infant mortality in Somaliland: over 20,000 children had routine vaccinations for common childhood diseases; over 47,000 children under 5 accessed nutrition services.

Lord Chidgey asked: what is the projected cost of aid from the Department for International Development to Somaliland, as compared to aid provided to Somalia, for the period 2010 to 2015?

Baroness answered: DFID does not compile formal aid expenditure statistics broken down at sub-national level. UK bilateral overseas development assistance to Somalia (including Somaliland) was (in thousands): £40,359 in 2010, £94,907 in 2011 and £89,754 in 2012

Lord Chidgey asked the minister: what assessment they have made of Somaliland’s declared independence from Somalia?

The Senior Minister of State, Department for Communities and Local Government & Foreign and Commonwealth Office (Baroness Warsi): The British Government considers that it is for Somalia and Somaliland themselves to determine their future relationship and for neighboring countries in the region to take the lead in recognizing any new arrangements.

Following the London Conference in February 2012, which “recognized the need for the international community to support any dialogue that Somaliland and the Transitional Federal Government (TFG) or its replacement may agree to establish in order to clarify their future relations”, the TFG and Somaliland met for the first time at Chevening in the UK, in June 2012. We agreed to cooperate on matters of mutual interest. Somalia and Somaliland have held several further rounds of talks in Turkey, at Ministerial level, including earlier this month. The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, my hon. Friend the Member for Boston and Skegness (Mr Simmonds), raised the importance of a lasting and mutually acceptable agreement between Somali and Somaliland during his discussions at the 2014 African Union Summit in Addis Ababa with the new Somali Foreign Minister, Abdurahman Duale Beyle.

The Senior Minister of State, Department for Communities and Local Government & Foreign and Commonwealth Office (Baroness Warsi): The British Government considers that it is for Somalia and Somaliland themselves to determine their future relationship and for neighboring countries in the region to take the lead in recognizing any new arrangements.

That was the position of the IC since Somaliland declared independence.

^^^ funny how he always adds Borama into the equation. hahaha.... Saxib Borama is Somaliland and happily is, whats the alternative. You and Hag, alshabab and being a minority far away from culture and order. hahaha.

Saxib grow a pair and fight for yourself...

Las canod will always be Somaliland....if you want it give me 100,000 lives i will give it back to you..

simple.

Sxb you are daydreaming. TFG cannot recognize a clan militia suppressing other minority peaceful clans.

Sxb, you may join Ethiopia or Djibouti with your three small cities Hargeisa, Berbera and Burco but leave others alone. You cannot force them.

Sxb Somalia is One and will always be one. The secessionist agenda is tearing apart.

^^^^ try and continue to convince yourself of that while your people live under the Somaliland flag...African palestinians.

wait for a government that depends on burundi and see when they will come to your aid. hahaha....

<cite>
said:</cite>

Nervious laughter from your part: I can feel it even though i cant see you.

If i could defeat your forfathers and take all their land up to East Sanag and East Sool. If i could destroy your uncles government and army and take on your entire clan and the entire Somali speaking peoples and i can keep you under my boot till this present day. That is not fragile. That is strength, fragility is you who lives under my boot and mercy for the past 300 years.

Sheesh... This guy has an inflated image of himself. You don't know anything about Eastern Sanaag or Sool, so please keep quiet and let the grown ups discuss matters in a more cultured way. We don't need fake machismo.

<cite>

That was the position of the IC since Somaliland declared independence.

Not exactly brother Libaax it was first let Somalis no matter who and what entity they are let them decide their future remember during abdilahi yusuf and during abdiqasim but recently i believe since 2012 and since the sessions of SL and Somalia talks the notion of a Somalia and Somaliland as two distinct entities deciding their future is being presented in here and the international community is supporting this now can they decide their own future with out foreign mediation probably not we have seen that.

<cite>

Sxb you are daydreaming. TFG cannot recognize a clan militia suppressing other minority peaceful clans.

Sxb, you may join Ethiopia or Djibouti with your three small cities Hargeisa, Berbera and Burco but leave others alone. You cannot force them.

Sxb Somalia is One and will alw

ays be one. The secessionist agenda is tearing apart.

for eva shedding tears..You neither have power nor muscle to stop Somaliland....Somalia & its president will infinitely remain on sick bed.