Sign in to follow this  
Mooge

Somali girl rebels against Hijab, throws it in the snow

Recommended Posts

Guje   

Where is the loincloth ?? :confused:

 

spartacus is on to something, the elegant somali physique is no more. the hijab is not necessarily a bad idea afterall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Marksman;989229 wrote:
thefuturenow....and you're like 'LOOK AT US NOW?' Your apathy towards choice makes me wonder for your sanity.

This is not about choice. This is about vision. Anyone with a vision can understand and measure progress. Your vision just so happens to conflict with mine. Thus, you view progress differently than I.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jacpher;989194 wrote:
As if that's up to few nomads on an internet forum.

 

Burahadeer:
Waryee there are plenty more Islamic laws Iran and Saudia don't implement. Does that imply they ain't no Muslims too? Doing something or not doing it is one thing, and the written Islamic law is another. You seem to be confusing the two. Niqab not being practiced in Somalia in the eighties, or Iran or Saudia enforcing it, or oppressing the rights of women or honor killing in other countries, has little to do with the laws of Islam.

Good,since you admit that Iran & Saudi Arabia known to be sharia rigid don't implement plenty of Islamic laws,then who you expect to implement! liberal or democratic muslim countries? This tells you no one is prepared to take that road because its harsh & can only be enforced with Stalinistic style, something neither muslim nor others r gona accept. You would have seen great number of muslim countries implement if it was that easy which translates each to his own.Easier said than done.We both know that you not gona amputate a thief or stone to death adultered women....the clan is gona get you and is barbaric in the eyes of most muslims & others.

We r not in the 13th century....I know the laws of Islam is there but I & you also know it hasn't been interpreted as such when everyone is aware of it.Every otha religion realised that and islam is no different......between you & God since you the one getting the end result.

 

Since no muslim nation has yet reached that goal should be a point of concern to you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

burahadeer;989256 wrote:
Good,since you admit that Iran & Saudi Arabia known to be sharia rigid don't implement plenty of Islamic laws,then who you expect to implement! liberal or democratic muslim countries? This tells you
no one is prepared to take that road because its harsh
& can only be enforced with Stalinistic style, something neither muslim nor others r gona accept. You would have seen great number of muslim countries implement if it was that easy which translates each to his own.Easier said than done.We both know that you not gona amputate a thief or stone to death adultered women....the clan is gona get you and is barbaric in the eyes of most muslims & others.

We r not in the 13th century....I know the laws of Islam is there but I & you also know it hasn't been interpreted as such when everyone is aware of it.Every otha religion realised that and islam is no different......between you & God since you the one getting the end result.

 

Since no muslim nation has yet reached that goal should be a point of concern to you.

 

No it's because it interferes with their desires. If Saudi was ruled with true Shari'a law the family of Al-Saud would be the ones suffering for all their injustices and corruption. If Iran followed true shari'a those crooked Ayatollahs and their cronies would get Axed (literally and figuratively). The only winners would be the common folk who'd live in peace and be ruled justly. Sharia' is bigger than any one person.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whenever you talk about hijab, the slave starts playing the record his masters taught him. Well, didn't you know that Virgin Mary calayha salaam used to wear the hijab. We've all seen the 21st century depiction of her, even after 2 thousand years, they still put the hijab on her. Well you have no shame or culture, your just a slave.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guje   

magicbird;989318 wrote:
Whenever you talk about hijab, the slave starts playing the record his masters taught him. Well, didn't you know that Virgin Mary calayha salaam used to wear the hijab. We've all seen the 21st century depiction of her, even after 2 thousand years, they still put the hijab on her. Well you have no shame or culture, your just a slave.

its not hijaab, its a nun dress, get your facts right badow yahow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guje;989346 wrote:
its not hijaab, its a nun dress, get your facts right badow yahow.

Do you know what hijab means, it means a cover in arabic, and do you know what it is in Islam, it means to dress modestly. I don't know what world your living in, but any person with eyes can see nuns dress like that to be modest. Virgin Mary siddiqah calayha salaam was a Muslimah and a patient one at that, when the jews called her some bad things she made tawakkul in allah, so I ask my sisters to be patient.

Its like fighting over football, one person says its kubad and the other banooni, at the end of the day its all the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The problem with this debate is that everyone generally agrees that the Hijab is an obligation, but they just disagree on whether it should be personally enforced, or should it be enforced by the State. And where is the line drawn? People argue on which sins should be punished by the State, and which sins should be left alone to Allah, unless there are clear Shari'i guidelines regarding it. For example, alcohol is haram, and the Islamic State is known to punish those who are caught in the act of drinking alcohol.

 

And I definitely believe that the hijab should be enforced by the State. This comes under the guideline of enjoining the good and forbidding what's impermissible. Here in America, there are rules regarding common decency and dress, even when it comes to issues where you're not directly harming anyone, so why should the Hijab be looked at as any different?

 

60 years ago, a woman exposing her legs or her belly would be considered indecent in America, but today it's perfectly legal and socially acceptable. I honestly don't understand why anyone would criticize our stance on such an issue, when the Western definitions of what's acceptable is constantly shifting every year.

 

P.S. The beard is also an obligation in Islam, to all the brothers, so let's not forget that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Khayr   

If what is واجب is not being adhered to than there are penalities for it.

If someone is caught selling illegal drugs, aren't they punishable by the state? If yes, then why the double standard here with your

asnine questioning. Unless ofcourse, you hold a double standard e.g. What is part of Islam you don't want to follow but what is between your legs - you would follow anytime! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Khayr;989375 wrote:
If what is واجب is not being adhered to than there are penalities for it.

If someone is caught selling illegal drugs, aren't they punishable by the state? If yes, then why the double standard here with your

asnine questioning. Unless ofcourse, you hold a double standard e.g. What is part of Islam you don't want to follow but what is between your legs - you would follow anytime!
:)

You do realize that I hold the position that because the Hijaab is waajib, then it should be enforced by the State.....right? You and I agree on this. Read what I wrote again

 

The boundaries of what's acceptable and unacceptable behavior is set by Allah, and people's desires should play no role when it comes to legislating laws.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^^Don't ever compare me to Tariq Ramadan, ever.

 

You've seen my posts on this forum, and you know very well my position on this topic. Read what I wrote carefully. I believe in Sharia in it's entirety, and I don't pick and choose what parts of Islamic Law should be enforced. You know very well I have contempt for those who try to change the Sharia, or who try to disregard certain aspects of it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DoctorKenney;989368 wrote:
The problem with this debate is that everyone generally agrees that the Hijab is an obligation, but they just disagree on whether it should be personally enforced, or should it be enforced by the State. And where is the line drawn? People argue on which sins should be punished by the State, and which sins should be left alone to Allah, unless there are clear Shari'i guidelines regarding it. For example, alcohol is haram, and the Islamic State is known to punish those who are caught in the act of drinking alcohol.

 

And I definitely believe that the hijab should be enforced by the State.
This comes under the guideline of enjoining the good and forbidding what's impermissible. Here in America, there are rules regarding common decency and dress, even when it comes to issues where you're not directly harming anyone,
so why should the Hijab be looked at as any different?

 

60 years ago, a woman exposing her legs or her belly would be considered indecent in America, but today it's perfectly legal and socially acceptable. I honestly don't understand why anyone would criticize our stance on such an issue, when the Western definitions of what's
acceptable
is constantly shifting every year.

 

P.S. The beard is also an obligation in Islam, to all the brothers, so let's not forget that.

DoctorKenney;989380 wrote:
You do realize that I hold the position that because the Hijaab is waajib,
then it should be enforced by the State
.....right? You and I agree on this. Read what I wrote again

 

The boundaries of what's acceptable and unacceptable behavior is set by Allah, and people's desires should play no role when it comes to legislating laws.

 

This is to dispel any confusion. My stance on this issue is clear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this