Sign in to follow this  
AfricaOwn

Pedophilia Now Classified as Sexual Orientation

Khayr;984439 wrote:
What is the difference between "sexual interest" and "sexual orientation"?

The latter has only been given a sociological definition meaning over time, it has become associated with a particularised definition void of the

literal mean. Orientation and interest mean the same thing.

The APA by giving this sickness the associated term of "sexual interest",

are by and large - validiting such behaviors.

NO it does not

Safferz   

Khayr;984467 wrote:
^ Can we appropriately rapists people with a sexual interest too?

Does anyone have a sexual interest? Leathers and whips anyone? lol

Do you see my point? Using the word sexual interest instead of illness or criminal act, gives acknowledgement to pedos.

That's what a paraphilia is, though -- an abnormal sexual interest, which is why the DSM classifies it as a disorder and not a sexual orientation (which this thread is incorrect about). The APA has nothing to do with the law, they are interested in psychology and understanding disordered thoughts and behaviours. And just because someone has this disorder doesn't necessarily mean it translates into behaviour, so not all pedophiles commit criminal acts.

Naxar Nugaaleed;984476 wrote:
good God MMA 16 year old is a child and has nothing to do with you being a muslim

Of course 16 is a child to you given your urban dweller status in West Philadelphia immigrated and raised squatting on uncle toms playground where you spend most of your days. 16 is a child when you define a 16 year old as a mily cirus idoler, cootie hungry vampire, "help me cook cereal" kid.. war how do you compare that to the 16 year old Somali girl who just built her family an aqal or the 16 year old hafiz leading tarawih. 16 is a child as defined by the West. But anyways the West knows best somaha mr.west phili?

Haatu   

SomaliPhilosopher;984483 wrote:
Of course 16 is a child to you given your urban dweller status in West Philadelphia immigrated and raised squatting on uncle toms playground where you spend most of your days. 16 is a child when you define a 16 year old as a mily cirus idoler, cootie hungry vampire, "help me cook cereal" kid.. war how do you compare that to the 16 year old Somali girl who just built her family an aqal or the 16 year old hafiz leading tarawih. 16 is a child as defined by the West. But anyways the West knows best somaha mr.west phili?

+1 You're best post on SOL to date. NN is mistaking himself for a white westerner.

lol on the fresh prince theme, on a serious note dadka qaar west bey kaga degtay. wither your in the bush or in west philadelphia, 16 is a child. your adding insult to injury by throwing child labor into this sordid discussion

Haatu   

Naxar Nugaaleed;984485 wrote:
lol on the fresh prince theme, on a serious note dadka qaar west bey kaga degtay. wither your in the bush or in west philadelphia, 16 is a child. your adding insult to injury by throwing child labor into this sordid discussion

Forced labour kulaha. This faarax ain't serious. Waryaa a 16 yr old back home is an adult comparable to the 25 year old in the West.

Safferz   

SomaliPhilosopher;984483 wrote:

16 is young even back home, regardless of their responsibilities in the household. I spent quite a bit of time around young women this summer when I was in kililka 5aad and I was struck by how similar they are to teenagers here personality wise, some even seemed younger to me. Still gossiping about each other, giggling and talking about boys, and I even saw three girls about that age gang up on and beat up another girl for making fun of their clothes. It was like watching Mean Girls :P

There are also a host of complications linked to having children at that age, like obstetric fistula, which is a major problem associated with young marriage age in the Horn (in kililka 5aad, there were girls marrying at 13 and 14, and I even met a 16 year old on her second marriage). There are other problems related to marriage at such a young age as well, like education and economic security. But I think this is all a different topic altogether.