Sign in to follow this  
Mooge

The eagle clan is split.

Mooge   

Ma faroole

mise cabdiweli.

meetings, meetings, meeting, more meeting, fadhikudirir is packed with hot debates.

These fadhi kudirirka

Maxey sameyaan for living ?

For one to waste time on Somali politics is equivalent to driving backwards in busy highway.

At the end,you will have a collision...

Mooge   

walaakiis, who do you want to lead puntland? if i was holding a gun to your head and i told you to ignore your HAG membership for one minute, who would you vote for labada nin?

Hawdian   

Well let both of them and the rest compete in a free and fair election one man

one vote. But will Faroole allow that , he is acting like an arab emir owning the place . Also shouldnt Puntland work with the HAG down south or is puntland a diff .country and ifso on what historical bases .

Oodweyne   

Hello Folks,

Although I don’t have a fleece-ridden mule in this political fight between “cousins” of pirate-land, but, still, fairness compels me to say, that Farole has been nothing less than - at least strategically speaking – a walking disaster for that “Fiefdom”.

And, by that I mean looking how he did fall out with everyone in the Somali peninsula; and how he seemed to have over-played his hand in Kismayo’s issue; and furthermore, how he seemed to be “locked” away from any influence in the current set-up in the federal government in Mogadishu, all leads me to conclude that he really couldn’t have played his “political cards” any more poorer imaginable.

Secondly, as the capital gets to be “stabilized” leading to the next few years; and most crucially of all, the 2016 supposed changed-over of the top echelons of the federal government, will lead one to realized, the political game of the federal government will need someone who is bit more savvy and a “team-player” from that fiefdom; since, by the looks of it, the current leader – i.e., Farole – is essentially “persona non-grata” in the capital of the country.

And finally, the days of 1960s is so over. And with it, the “idea” of ruling the “Pashtun of Somalia” behind the “curtain” with a "pliable character" of the kind the late Aden Adde was, is also so over. Hence, trying to use a federal template as a “political bludgeon” to which to carry influence within Somalia, in a manner far greater than what your “numbers” will allow, is essentially what is left of the cards that Pirate-land has it, as the last card. But, even that requires a savvy and sophisticated player much more street-smarter than the current Farole to pull it off.

Consequently, when you put all of these points together, what you left with is the clear “indication” that the likes of Farole is the last person who should be re-elected to the leadership; regardless of his other “quality” which in turn could of recommend him for the top post in pirate-land.

In other words, if you accept – like I do – that going forward the “fate” and political significance of pirate-land will largely hinges on how the incoming leadership of that fiefdom deals with the “totemic reality” that will be a politically “resurgent Mogadishu” and with it, a new political reality of seeing for the first time in 20 or so odd years, a “self-confident ruling clique” managing the affairs of the “Pashtun-of-Somalia”, then what you most definitely need is not some “street-corner-heckler” (like the manner Farole has been proven himself to be).

But, rather what you need is a politically astute “poker-player” who is very good in playing the “inside-game” of Mogadishu’s deal-making. And, in that context, whoever the folks of Pirate-land choose to be their leader, let’s hope Farole is not the one in whose his “mug-shot” will grace the public square of the Somali political reality, particularly as the future leader in whose his hands will rest the fate of the future negotiation between pirate-land on one hand and that of “politically resurgent” Pashtun-of-Somalia, on the other hand.

Baashi   

Faroole should stay at the helm provided he wins fair and square. I for one root for the fingerless man. To change horse at this crucial hour may put the state at disadvantage.

Oodweyne   

Che,

You don’t have accept my word for it. And you only have to see how Farole seemed to have lost whatever leverage he had when Sheikh Shariif was running the show in the then TFG, and in particular when his "agent" (in the form of Abdi-weli) was calling the shot at the cabinet level under the then Sheikh Hotel.

Hence, from that particular vantage-point, at least you can say, Farole seemed to have lost what little leverage he had with the federal government. And what is worse, is that as things move forward in Mogadishu, his arguments will be extremely irrelevant to the likes of Hassan Sheikh and Co.

Also, it's pity that Farole thinks that the lauder he scream over the air-waves somehow equals to more influence with Somalia in general, or for that matter with the international community. But then again, he seems to be not clued up about how the international community or the "powers-that-be", seemed to have put all of their “political eggs” in one basket, so that they then can shore up the political fragility of the folks in Mogadishu (i.e., "Pashtun-of-Somalia").

And this is of course, is similar what NATO is doing in Afghanistan; given the fact, that they seemed to have put all of their effort in winning over the likes of Pashtun-of-Afghanistan to their side, just so that, the Taliban and their Pashtun's foot-soldiers will not be incline to give their free spaces of a destitute state, to any "jihadi terrorist" looking for a place under the sun, to which to plot a murder and mayhem against the West.

All in all; it seems to me, that the likes of Mr. Farole really are out of his depth in dealing with the emerging reality of "reconstituted Somalia". Particularly, given the fact that reality will be one whereby we will see a new state of Somalia whose it’s helm will most likely sit by a “politically resurgent” Pashtun-of-Somalia.

No better and more pronounced endorsement for Faroole than a separatist's expressed opposition against him.

As always Oodweyne is clueless on Puntland politics ...

Samafal   

Faroole has no chance of winning this. His main strategy is for the Isims to endorse Some nabadoons from SOOL to handpick The SOOL MPs as the real Garaado have vowed not to sign off any MPs for Puntland parliament. That's why he has been harassing the Isims not to hold any meeting in Qardho but instead his Garaad and main supporter Garaase has announced a rival Isim meeting which is to be held in Garowe.

The main agenda on table is to talk about the thorny issue of SOOL MPs and what should be done about them if ultimately the Garaads don't sign off their MPs. Other than that and the fact that he relies heavily on some Sanaag MPs through Ilkajiir, who his support in his region has dwindled Faroole has no real hope of coming back. Most of the regions can't wait to see the back of him.

That said, it's ex[expected this time around it will not be a two sided saga rather we will see votes going to different personalities with almost similar number of votes. It might come down to a lot of haggling in the third round to give a clear winner. It will be very interesting one to watch.

Oodweyne   

Xiinfaniin,

Would it kill you, at least from time to time, not to “rugby-tackle” those who took the pleasure in disrobing your argument; and instead, see if you could make a “counter-argument” of your own?

In other words, you may well believe that I am a “clueless” about all things that comes under the rubric of the politics of Puntland. But, still, it’s incumbent on you not to rhetorically dismiss other’s contention, without at least showing where you think they haven’t got a prayer of understanding the politics of your fiefdom.

All in all; as I have went in great length to explain, I do consider that Farole has been a “walking disaster” for your fiefdom, at least ever since Hassan Sheikh and Co. came to power in Mogadishu. Hence, if you think he deserves to be re-elected for his post again, then at least tell us how you think (in your judgement) why he deserve such accolade. For so far all you did was to spout gibberish spleen at best; or a down-right abusive bilge, at worse.

As for Somaliland’s prefer candidate; I am sure you will not believe it in a millions years; but of all of the three leaders in which your fiefdom have had to content” with, particularly ever since it was created in 1998, I can categorically say to you, Mr Farole is by far the most “useful” and “friendliest” when it comes to Somaliland’s national agenda. Hence, if it was up to me, I would gladly ask the people who is going to vote in this “restricted selection process” in Pirate-land, to vote/select Farole, once again, in another term in office. For, he has been exceptionally “accommodating” when it comes to Somaliland’s agenda vis-à-vis the whole “political malarkey” that is the “Khatumo-Seek” nonsense.

And not to over-look it, he was also very “receptive” in observing the “de-facto border” between us. Consequently, if I have any way to dissuade the handful of folks who will select the next leader of your fiefdom, I would gladly make the case for him; for he has been a well “behaved” gentleman towards our territorial and political interest.

Oodweyne,

One would not like the scene of a grown up man embarrassing himself by lecturing about a subject he does not know. For me though it is amusing to see the ignorance at work in you :D

The reason Faroole is despised in Mogadishu and Hargeysa is not a reflection of good will from those corners to Puntland community. It is precisely because Faroole, the federalist from the East, has taken your queen and gunning for your king in the chess parlance where shaping Somalia's future is concern. Seldom does irrelevant man (as you claim Faroole is) get the courtesy Mr. Faroole gets in world arenas. The reason is simple , and can be summarized in three :

1. He is the push behind the federalism arrangement, and has the leverage

2. He leads a significant region that holds Somalia together symbolically

3. National seat at this time does not appeal to him, hence others have few, if any, leverage on him

About the election, we shall watch and see. Suffice to say, so far, Faroole has no worthy contender in the ring.

Oodweyne   

Xiinfaniin,.. :D :D

Firstly, as I have said that, as Somalilander, he is the best friend we could have in that neck-of-the-wood. Hence if he were to remain on his present post, I couldn’t be happier. :D

Secondly, it’s true that he had a “leverage” when the then TFG was being pushed to deliver the current outfit in Mogadishu.

However, ever since the end of the TFG’s end as an outcome was consummated, which was when the crowning of Hassan Sheikh as the current president was had, it’s the case that he had lost whatever leverage he had in the eyes of the international community (IC) for the day-to-day politics of federal government.

And this is not me asserting; but even the Uncle Sam have asserted that Somalia’s government will not need any “signatory party” from the her regions to deal with world community.

And as you remember when the TFG was in power the Sheikh Hotel couldn’t sign a letter without the “approval" of Farole as his partner and as a signatory party to the “Compact” of Somalia that was the then TFG.

Hence, even from that limited point, the acts or the conducts of Hassan Sheikh is not in the purview of Farole as the case was when Sheikh Hotel was in power, and therefore, logically, that “out-size-leverage” he had with the Somalia’s federal government is over as of now.

Speaking of Uncle Sam and how it views Somalia's political reality, a fact check is in order :D

Please remind the gallery why Puntland features quite prominently in US Secretary's remarks :D. In you parallel universe, Puntland has been long eliminated from the political game in Somalia :D. Here you may want to consult with Mintid Farayar (aka Macno Yare) for he has a knack for all things Puntland :D

On election, I say again lets see and watch. I am sure you will be disappointed again.